Lightning

Cyntaxx when do you start hitten the tracks?Or anyone else in the Illinois/Ohio area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyntaxx when do you start hitten the tracks?Or anyone else in the Illinois/Ohio area?

I'm in Illinois closer to Rt66 in Joliet, but us41 is open year round. When the weather warms up, not sure if March is to soon, but I've been dyen’ to go back to the track. Stock I ran a 13.8 and every time everyone asks me my best time, well it's 13.8. Just because i have a 4# pulley, chip, mass air meter, filter, exhaust, valve body, and a boost gauge that reads almost 14#'s of boost I can't say 12 point anything... I know of a couple other guys around the Illinois area and I'd love to get some people together. We've already talked briefly once. I'm just wondering when's the soonest people are planning to hit the tracks? I know we have the whole summer ahead of us, but I wanna run a 12. Then I’ll shut up and then hopefully I'll start saven' my money. (Yeah right). If anyone's goen’ to either Byron or us41 any time soon, let me know. Also when does rt66 open usually?
Thanks, Shane

Old 02-27-2003, 08:21 PM
I know about 4-5 guys around my area that will be hitting up US41 when the weather warms up a little. My first time out there will probably be the end of march or beginning of april

i'll be busy with exams and such before and after spring break, with that whole week between the 15th and 22nd drinking myself to a stupor (cancun baby!)

but give me an email if you guys are heading up to us41 around the end of march and i'll try to make it...

i think cordova is a bit too far for me but if there is a big gathering i might head that way....

isn't cordova sandier than the beaches of cancun??

btw dont feel bad about your time. my stock time was 13.85 and my modded time with 4# and chip and filter and vbody was still a 13.35....2.0x 60' and letting off so i wouldn't slam into the wall....

Old 02-27-2003, 11:56 PM
I think my club (www.svtoa-hoi.com) is going to Joliet on April 5th.

Old 02-28-2003, 12:02 AM
l be at the tracks as soon as they open up( runnin NO-CLOCK of course) so I can get a good idea of what my truck runs......so then I can start makin some money on my side job LMAO!!!
gotta love the chicago street racing scene!!!

Old 02-28-2003, 12:53 AM
I'm located in the Marion/Carbondale area.
If i knew where it was i may go, it is a little far though.

I never see Ls down here!
At least i have the exclusivity...

Where is this track located?

Old 02-28-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by 01LightninBolt
I'm located in the Marion/Carbondale area.
If i knew where it was i may go, it is a little far though.

I never see Ls down here!
At least i have the exclusivity...

Where is this track located?
hey shot you an email. my hometown is carbondale (live on reed station road by cartworld). i'll be down there in a week or two so give me a shout if you want to meet up. the only track down there is that po-dunk 1/8 mile where the staging lane is gravel so i know how ya feel...

cordova is probably 4 or so hours from you....just keep going up 57 and you'll hit it. let me know if you want to get together and shoot the sh*t sometime...

last summer when i first bought my L there was NO one to be found with a gen2 in southern IL. i think you're the first one that i've found! (i'm not down there that much)

oh yah, i may also be interested in that AFM powerpipe...let me know how much you want..

Old 02-28-2003, 06:48 AM
I have heard that RT 66 is NOT a good place for the little guys.. :-( Most of us south side guys go to http://www.dragnbreath.com/US41Dragway/US41Dragway.html

Hopefully we will be able to keep up with Cyn this year ....

Old 02-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Route66 is a great track, BUT, and that's a big BUT, they are busy as H-E-doublehockey sticks. I ran there last year only was only able to get in 2 runs in 4 hrs. Pathetic. I'l stick to Byron Dragway thankyou.

Old 02-28-2003, 09:36 AM
cyntaxx

quote "isn't cordova sandier than the beaches of cancun?? "

I got my best time at that skating rink with a 1.63 60 ft..

Byron will be open 1st weekend ot April and I think there will be a good turnout of ILLNESS Racers.

Jim

Old 02-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Good luck with your quest for 12's ... The cool spring air sure won't hurt you............

PEaCE................

Old 02-28-2003, 09:49 AM
The SVTOA-HOI guys are going to RT 66 on April5 and Cordova on April 19. COrdova is also open April 12.

Old 02-28-2003, 11:34 AM
the best track in the area in my opinion is byron for a couple reasons, its layed back there and the track is really good too. Besides the owner has an L too.

as far as traction goes, you can't beat 66. Its more moeny and there's always a ***** load of people there but its the best track in our area for performance. I've had my best time there, even though I blew my tranny out, HEHEHEHE. that was a 1.61 60 foot though on that run though.

41 is pretty good and I like it, but its kinda in the sticks and its not prepped to good from the few times I've been there.

GLD is the worst track around, I hate the drive and I hate the track. You have to slam on your brakes to make the turn off and it pisses me off. I do seem to get pretty good traction there though.

I'll be heading out as soon as the weather gets nicer and I got my truck ready. This time I'm going to for the IL record for the fastest Gen2, HEHEHEHE. I'm spraying that 50 shot and calling it a day.

I only go to cordova for fun ford weekends, I wouldn't drive all the way out there for racing.

Old 02-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by reality1
\
Byron will be open 1st weekend ot April and I think there will be a good turnout of ILLNESS Racers.
There's a good chance I'll be out there around that time. I'll be up there in Rockford one of these weekends to tie up some loose ends and byron will probably be a much needed detour

can't wait for this new season...it's almost upon us!

Jeff: thanks for the words of encouragement! i just want a solid 12.5 or something...anything below is just bonus!!

Old 02-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Pending the weather, I am looking at hitting 41 sometime in Late March (if it warms up) with my friend Dave who has an L. If you want to make a bunch of runs...hit 41. If you want to run at one of the best tracks in the country, hit Rt. 66, hehe.

Me, I'm going to 41....and soon

Old 02-28-2003, 12:47 PM
i'd agree rt 66 is by far the best for traction. Joe or anyone that can answer this, you can get different 60 foot times at different tracks right? Just all depends on the preperation? And if i NEED a good 60 foot time to get into the 12's you think I should wait till rt 66 opens and fight the crowd?

Quick Reply: Cyntaxx when do you start hitten the tracks?Or anyone else in the Illinois/Ohio area?