Lightning

How do you guys save up for those mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HP is addictive....I bought a gen1 to pull my gen2. What did I go and do? Throw a Vortech on the Gen1. I couldn't stand the RT's beating me around town.

Hi, I'm Eric. I'm a boostaholic.

Old 02-12-2003, 03:13 PM
I did not mean to come down heavy on you, just giving some advice. I'm now dealing with a friend who really went over his head on a Mustang Cobra purchase. His sole intentions were to get it driveable, then beat an e.t. limit that he had in his mind. Once he did that, it was on to more and more mods. Now he's quite a bit into debt, his credit payments are nearing his rent cost, and his wife is on the verge of leaving him. I didn't see the jest in your statements because I've seen quite a few people go to those limits before But, you have made similar threads in the past, on the same topic, so it's hard to know the truth.

Old 02-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Hi, I'm Eric. I'm a boostaholic.

Hahahahah.......thats great

Old 02-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by thepawn
...My year-end bonus this year could pay for another Bolt...

Your company hiring?????

I've gotten more work and wonderfull email saying I'm loosing my bonuswes for good and no pay raises until further notice.

Old 02-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by captainoblivious
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Your company hiring?????

I've gotten more work and wonderfull email saying I'm loosing my bonuswes for good and no pay raises until further notice.
Pete, shoot me your resume, I'll see if its a fit, we are hiring. :)

Old 02-12-2003, 04:57 PM
You don't really need to save up for mods...

You just drive it till it breaks and then you face the natural selection process....at your own expense.

Old 02-12-2003, 05:08 PM
My blown plug almost pushed me into a built engine.

Old 02-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by thepawn
My blown plug almost pushed me into a built engine.
And why didn't it ?????

ps - check you email, I was joking though

Old 02-12-2003, 05:27 PM
If I could have a credit card i ouwld get one in a second. After every credit card application they say i have been denied. I did get pre-approved for one. Do they still check your credit for those? Probably couldnt get a loan either. As soon as i clean my credit up im going to have the biggest or hugest Platnum Titanium Space medal credit card than anyone else on this Planet. and its all going into the Truck. It wont be called a lightning anymore it...it...will be called the hrmm....really fast truck?

Old 02-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Use cash, you will get better deals on things.

Old 02-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Brian Baskin
I did not mean to come down heavy on you, just giving some advice. I'm now dealing with a friend who really went over his head on a Mustang Cobra purchase. His sole intentions were to get it driveable, then beat an e.t. limit that he had in his mind. Once he did that, it was on to more and more mods. Now he's quite a bit into debt, his credit payments are nearing his rent cost, and his wife is on the verge of leaving him. I didn't see the jest in your statements because I've seen quite a few people go to those limits before But, you have made similar threads in the past, on the same topic, so it's hard to know the truth.
First of all Brian, I appreciate your concern and promise that I will not go down this route. I believe the situation between your friend and I are completely different. He went over his head by BORROWING money while I am merely stating that I cut expenditures at times to feed my L addiction. This means I am allocating money I already have towards mods, not borrowing it from a third party.

Second, I have made posts regarding what members of the board do for a living, as well as another very sarcastic post a long long time ago asking for more money. Both were not serious and both were obviously so. I kid around with you guys because I know most on here don't mind me poking fun at financial issues related with owning a Lightning because..well...we all own 30k trucks.

So while I appreciate wholeheartedly that you are watching out for my financial viability, I assure you that a) Jealousy was not implicit in any of the aforementioned threads, b) I am not hurting myself nor my health, and c) I am financially viable and have no credit/money problems.

Old 02-12-2003, 08:19 PM
My theory on financial freedom is that you have to know what you want to spend your money on and then spend it on that. For instance, if you want to put $2k in mods on your L then it will take you as lot longer to get there if you are spending $200 a month on eating out and $100 bucks a month on shoes. Focus on what you are saving for and then don't stray when you just have to have a pair of "Air Force Ones" just cause they are in a song.

Old 02-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Or you can just be like me and neglect everything else.
My house is small and needs everything,
My son is spoiled and out of control
My love life is **** FRIENDS not relationships
And my job is just a place to make calls not to actually work

However my Black Beauty is treated like the crown jewels

BTW
I Just picked up my tax returns from the lawyer and mailed them out. I'm getting back $9,492.00

MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A KB INSTEAD OF JUICE

Old 02-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by brap
You just made me feel so much better about my credit card debt you got about 5 grand on me. Unfortunatley, very little is from the L, most of it is from being young and stupid.
We are on year 5 of my yearly payoff the credit card plans. I think maybe we'll actually do it this year..

-Mark

Old 02-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by cyntaxx
Otherwise, I would think that your post would be more effective and suitable if directed towards our coke-dealing Gator friend or maybe the organ-generous TINNMAN.

Whoa.....Lets get our facts straight, there junior.

Need to re-check the posts, I believe you'll find the coke-dealer lives in Va NOT NJ

Quick Reply: How do you guys save up for those mods?