King Ranch

T-shirt Idea - Make Our Own - Who Is Interested?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 11:27 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
T-shirt Idea - Make Our Own - Who Is Interested?

Originally posted by KingRanch1
...Why not design our own? I've done this with another group I am part of and it worked great!

My wife's best friend owns an embroidery company. Some of her clients are Honda, Chase, Automotive News, NADA and many other top notch companies.

My thought is, first, maybe we ALL vote on 4 things:

What color shirts
What type of shirts
Where is the design(s) to be placed
What kind of design/logo/layout we want
KingRanch1 has a GREAT idea here. One thing though, copyright infringments. Any thoughts? Can someone look into that?

I'm really interested in spearheading this project. Like KR1 said, we have some talent with Photoshop and such on the board...

Let's start with some thoughts, research, and insight on this project then, maybe we can progress forward. We *DO NOT* want to infringe on copyright stuff.

***PLEASE DON'T POST -- "YEAH, I"M INTERESTED, I WANT A SHIRT!***

We can deal with the actual ordering/design/etc later once we work out some details.

I open this thread to comments/thoughts/suggestions

----------> ROCKPICK <----------

Old 08-21-2002, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's more like, I spearheaded...you're taking the bull by the horns Let me know when you need assistance RP. It's time consuming, but worth it, I'm in.

Old 08-22-2002, 12:03 AM
i'll help with the design i'd like to say that i am pretty good with photoshop, etc. good idea guys!!

P.S. - can i put my powered by Krispy Kreme thing on the back of mine (i'll make sure its ok with them ) please

Old 08-22-2002, 02:52 AM
"Yeah, I'm interested. I want a shirt "

Tee Hee !!!

Seriously....if there's anything I can do to help........
ask Sarah !!!

Old 08-22-2002, 08:31 AM
my mom has this software for her sewing machine......so that you can take a picture with a digital camera and it "digitizes" it and will embroder the picture onto a shirt or whatever.......might be kinda cool to take a picture of one of our babies......stock of course.....and have the embrodered on t'shirts.......or what would be really cool, but not sure I could talk her into it would be we all send her a digital pic of our individual trucks for her to make the individual shirts.....hmmm......I think that would be pushing it huh?

Old 08-22-2002, 08:36 AM
I would love a new polo with the KR F150 badge embroidered on the left chest. Color scheme would in my mind fit best to have an arizona beige shirt with the same brown color that the outlines the badge has as the embroidery color. I'd be willing to buy a few as long as we can get the price decent.

Old 08-22-2002, 08:41 AM
Moderator &

Great ideas folks.

I like dufunnel's idea with the KR/F150 badge.

The full truck might be okay but, would probably be a little large on the chest of a polo shirt. JMO though.

Heck Skagel, with your mom having this capability, I'm suprised you don't already have a bunch of KR/F150 goodies already... or, do you really have them and you're just holding out on us? Since you also have an inside track to embroidery (like KR1), do you think your mom would be willing to do something of this nature?

KR1, do you think your wife's friend would be interested?

RP

Old 08-22-2002, 09:05 AM
Sarah you know anyone that still has a stock KR???? Seriously anything I can do I will try to help with this.

Old 08-22-2002, 09:06 AM
hmmmmm......I think Logical's is almost 100% stock......hmmm....thinking......thinking......:co nfused:

Old 08-22-2002, 09:15 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by RockPick
Heck Skagel, with your mom having this capability, I'm suprised you don't already have a bunch of KR/F150 goodies already... or, do you really have them and you're just holding out on us? Since you also have an inside track to embroidery (like KR1), do you think your mom would be willing to do something of this nature?
Anyone else notice that she avoided this question like the plague? I think she has ALL KINDS OF KR/F150 goodies that she hasn't bothered to offer up to the rest of the KR fanatics...

RP

Old 08-22-2002, 09:26 AM
what you don't know won't hurt you.

Old 08-22-2002, 10:08 AM
Moderator &

So... about these shirts...

KR1, CAN YOU:

1. Find out if your wife's friend would be interested in taking this job.

2. Find out the capabilities. Can she digitize a photo and produce that image on a shirt?

3. Ball park price for just the stitching as, I don't think we've decided on type of shirt, the actual logo or truck, etc. I understand it will vary dependant upon what we want stitched (truck or logo).

4. Since your wife's friend has done other car manufacturers etc., does she have any knowledge of the copyright laws? I mean, when she takes a job to embroider a AUDI logo on a shirt, does she have to have written documentation etc on the legal crap saying 'YES, you can print the logo...'?

5. Time frame. If we were to put an order in for, say, 20 shirts, what type of turn around can we get?

6. What am I forgetting? Any other questions that should be asked?

SKAGEL, CAN YOU:

Ask your mom...

I guess, basically the exact same set of questions. You mentioned that she might not be interested in taking a job like this. If not, that's fine. I'm sure, even if both shops decline the job, we can find someone to do it for us.

I appreciate everyone's willingness to help out. I'm sure I'll be asking for some as we get closer to reaching some decisions on details. KR1 has 'spearheaded' a great idea here and, like he said, I'm willing to take this baby by the horns and drive it through (if it can be done).

RP

Old 08-22-2002, 11:19 AM
RP....do you do anything else but read and post to this board? Wow...you must just sit and hit refresh all day

Seriously...I will see her on Friday evening and give you guys the scoop asap.

I'll give you this much...it's usually pretty inexpensive (keep in mind this would be considered a very, very short run-they are usually more expensive) and doesn't take much time from the production standpoint. The work comes from the front end on a project like this. Making sure everyone agrees on a design, deciding a shirt style, designing preproduction layouts for final output, getting commitments firmed up etc. The machines she uses are huge....about a 10'x10' table for each and are run from computers...the image has to be digital, or scannable, to be embroidered on the material. I'll let you know....I'll also post a few pics this evening of the jacket and if I can find the hat, it too.

Later.

Old 08-22-2002, 11:33 AM
I might add that the digital pictures come out better then the pictures you have to scan.....at least that is what mom says.

Old 08-22-2002, 01:00 PM
Moderator &

Yes, I sit on here and post ALL DAY LONG! LMAO! I wonder how many times I've been asked that...

Heck, I vaugely remember Lent asking me, something along the lines of, "...isn't there something to do geologically in the US..."

*shrugs*

As far as the digital picture or scanned image. That's covered unless we, as a group, opt to put the full truck on there. (I'm leaning more towards the KR/F150 logo for simplicity myself though).

Skagel and I both have digital cameras (and probably several more of you) thus, getting a logo or something like that photographed will be cake...no problem.

RP

Quick Reply: T-shirt Idea - Make Our Own - Who Is Interested?