King Ranch

T-shirt Idea - Make Our Own - Who Is Interested?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 04:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hehe, kewl grendel.

Old 08-23-2002, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey don't forget about me. I have not gone on line in several days. I love the polo shirt idea. I am open to suggestions as to color and other options. I would buy 1 or 2 shirts at least. Let's keep this going. Keep the posts coming so we all know what the final outcome will be like.

Old 08-25-2002, 07:54 AM
Yes, I will need a couple shirts too. Beige and Chestnut sound good to me .

Old 08-25-2002, 11:23 AM
Moderator &

KingRanch1, are you out there? We haven't heard from you in a while on this... find out anything?

Skagel, did you run these thoughts by your mom? Is she interested in taking the said job? Let us know. Her insight is greatly appreciated.

RP

Old 08-26-2002, 08:10 AM
Well, some jerk off stole my KR offroad light covers this weekend.....I am so unbelievable pissed off about it......so mom is busy making me new ones right now.....GRRRRRR......I want to know what the heck the person who stole them is gonna do with them?

Old 08-26-2002, 08:30 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by RockPick
Skagel, did you run these thoughts by your mom? Is she interested in taking the said job? Let us know. Her insight is greatly appreciated.

SKAGEL.... PLEASE SEE ABOVE.... EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE AVOIDING THE SUBJECT... ARE WE OR AREN'T WE?!?

KR1, WHERE ARE YOU?

AGAIN, ARE WE OR AREN'T WE?

Help me out here...

RP

Old 08-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Sarah,

Sorry to hear some AH stole your light covers. Man, I think some things are just stolen and the person stealing doesn't even know the value or care who they hurt.

I know this is off topic, but it is related.

My most recent trip back to Lowes was hair raising none the less. I was returning some of their so called premium lumber that looked more like pretzels from the county fair. Long story short, I had to unload my truck filled with crooked and twisted lumber onto one of those push carts and roll it across the parking lot to take it to the returns desk. I got my refund and got another cart and filled it up with the exact same quantity of lumber, except these pieces were straight. I proceeded to the checkout and paid for the lumber. Luckily, the prices had dropped a little and I saved almost $40 and got straight lumber to boot. Okay, here's where it got interesting.

I rolled the cart outside and I asked the cashier to watch the load of wood and she said she would. My son and I walked across the parking lot and got the KR. When I returned, I started to load the wood into the truck when I noticed that two of my eight fence posts were missing. I then realized that some AH stole two of my posts while I was walking back to my truck, can you believe people? I guess you can. Lowes told me that they weren't responsible eventhough I hadn't left the front of the store with the lumber but they gave me two more posts to help me out.

Sorry for the long post.

I told my neighbor this story and he said that a friend of his was shopping at Home Depot and brought his trailer behind his truck since he was getting a big load of lumber. After spending several hours in the store, he came out with the load of lumber and noticed that some AH had stole his damn trailer right off the back of his truck, in broad daylight, can you imagine?

I always lock my trailer to my truck when I go somewhere and I also keep the hitch locked even in my back yard knowing that lots of theives would just love to steal my trailer, bastards.

Hope you recover soon.

~DM~

Old 08-26-2002, 09:00 AM
Moderator &

Okay folks... focus on shirts... shirts.... shirts....

Old 08-26-2002, 09:10 AM
Hey Rock,

I know how you feel. Multiply you frustration by ten and you might begin to know how I felt when I was trying to get buy-in on the King Ranch trip. Everyone has different interests and concerns and hardly anyone cooperates exactly the way you expect. It took some time for me to except that project buy-in is only associated with a clear and equal amount of return on investment.

You know how many shirts I want and all the specifics, right?

Good luck with your endeavor and let me know if there's something I can do to help, short of not writing in your thread, hahaha.

~DM~

Old 08-26-2002, 02:04 PM
Hey RP....

I will be coming back to the States erstwhile and wondered if I could bring you over some Sherbert Lemons, Pontefract Cakes, Licquorice Allsorts....or any other decent sweets (Candy) since it seems to be about the one thing the States can't manage to produce in decent varieties or quality.

Lion Bars, Smarties, Cadbury's Chocolate....you know the sort of thing.

Just let me know !!

PS Anything that avoids mentioning Shhhh. You know what.

T Shirts !!!!

(PS Yes of course I'll take one......prefer pink with lime green logo)

Old 09-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Has this idea died already? I scanned in the logo. Someone who is good with Photoshop should mess with it.

Old 09-04-2002, 08:09 AM
Moderator &

Yeah, I beleive the idea is dead in the water. Kingranch1 was going to check on this but, he hasn't posted anything in well over a week (8/22 to be exact). I just hope he's okay and that nothing has happend.

I think we were probably going to be walking a very fine line on trademark/copyright infringement. It would be interesteing to hear what KR1 has found out from his contact but, all in all, I believe we can write this one off as a tax break... or ... well... something like that.

RP

Quick Reply: T-shirt Idea - Make Our Own - Who Is Interested?