King Ranch

Sylvania Xenarcs

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sylvania Xenarcs

For anyone interested in the HID Xenarcs, someone has a new pair up for sale in the classifieds section, $650. This is a very good price and I can vouch for them being worth the money. I love mine.

Old 07-02-2002, 06:42 AM
dufunnel,

I like the looks of those high intensity lights too, but $650 is just way outside of my budget. I think if they were like $100 max then I might consider it but my money is just spread too thin for that kind of mod. What's the reason for the extreme high price anyway, know any reasons? What would be a justification for buying such expensive lights also?

~DM~

Old 07-02-2002, 08:28 AM
They are HID. All HIDs are expensive. Why? Because of the mechanism that is the brightness. They are high current, high voltage and because of the arc they have to make, they are very expensive. $100 max??? Haha, you can't even get the crap Lightning or Harley headlights for that (which by the way I have noticed are not as bright as even the stock lights are). These will pay for themselves in about 10 years when I still haven't replaced the element.

Old 07-02-2002, 12:27 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Crap?!? I take exception to that. Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean you have to knock mine... hehehe

I LOVE MINE! I do wish I had seen these Xenarcs prior to dishing out the cash for my L heads and corners though.... the Xenarcs are VERY VERY sweet.

I still plan on hitting my contact at OSRAM Sylvania (one of my clients) to see if he can get them at some 'employee discount'. If so, I'll ****** a couple of sets and sell the other one or two off for profit to offset the cost of mine. The only thing, I feel somewhat guilty asking a client to do me a favor... I don't know this guy that well. I just deal with his groundwater problem. *shrugs*

RP

Old 07-02-2002, 12:32 PM
Do you guys have eyesight problems....?

Why the need for all this extra brightness ?

It's not as though most of you look where you're going anyway !

As Crocodile Dundee once famously nearly said....

THOSE aren't lights....THESE are lights !

Stand at this years RR annual rally.

Last edited by Lenticular; 07-02-2002 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:40 PM
yes, actually I do have eyesight problems...night blindness....not even supposed to drive at night....don't think the HID's would help me that much though and I hate being blinded by them on other cars and I think on a truck it would be even worse, but to each there own.

Old 07-02-2002, 01:03 PM
I have actually been flashed less often with my HIDs than with my old stock lights. People just don't know how to aim them correctly. Whenever I drive around my g/f's Sport Trac at night I am amazed at how much less I can see with the stock headlights. I have extremely good eyesight (better than 20/20 actually), so I have no problems seeing, but night vision is always a problem, even with those that have excellent eyesight. Knowing now about the HIDs, I would never spend the money on the Harley or Lightning heads, but put that toward the HIDs instead. And Sarah, if they're aimed right, others aren't annoyed with them.

Old 07-02-2002, 01:29 PM
LOL I thought for a guy being "flashed" less often would be a bad thing!

Old 07-02-2002, 03:34 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-07-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Night vision problems... glad I don't have em.

Interesting thought there... I wonder how much our vehicles depreciate per day.

Skagel, you're the businesswoman here. Figure it out and let us know. **WARNING** IT MIGHT BE VERY DEPRESSING.

RP

Last edited by Rockpick; 07-02-2002 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by MikeF150
Well, well, well.... it finally comes out.... Skagel has night vision problems.... so now we know why her truck is parked in the garage.... too dark to back out without hitting anything....

have you figured out homw much that truck loses in value each day it sits in your garage?????
hence the reason I have a set of KC back-up lights.

As if the stockmarket isn't depressing me enough ya had to bring up the depreciation of my Tomas.

Quick Reply: Sylvania Xenarcs