King Ranch

KR Depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KR Depreciation

The last couple of replies on the "Sylvania " thread have brought up an interesting topic of which I have seen little mention.

Depreciation of trucks in general but particularly the special editions like the KR.

I am generally pretty 'au fait' with levels of depreciation...I hate throwing money away on new cars that lose money the moment you leave the showroom.

However I look on my truck in the States slightly differently because it gets used infrequently and the day may come when it gets shipped back to the UK and will fetch good money.

It is interesting to know however how they are holding up in the market place vis a vis other similar vehicles.

I see the KR's advertised on EBay (Atypical ?) and the prices that they command and the reserves seem pretty high.

Is this the general impression you guys have had up til yet?

Has anyone tried trading in and been offered realistic prices?

Just interested !

Old 07-03-2002, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My private party resale value according to NADA and KBB are enough more than I owe that I believe they haven't depreciated all that much. In addition, since the new ones will be going up in price that may affect our values for the better, as more people will be wanting to pay a little more for the used one since the new one is even more out of range.

Quick Reply: KR Depreciation