King Ranch

KR pinstriping sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down KR pinstriping sucks!

i have had my '02 for less then two months and needless to say i am less than satisfied with the quality of the crappy tape on pinstripes. i have decided to have them taken off and done by hand. I have a friend who owns a shop that can do it for me. has anyone else done this and how did it come out?

Old 11-20-2001, 09:16 PM
Skagel,

I guess it's no surprise that I would comment on this issue. I have just come to accept that there are a good many areas on mine and most Screws that just don't meet my liking either and the pinstripe is just one of them.

Maybe you can try a professional detail shop or someone who specializes in pinstriping or other special effects on autos.

I won't go into rheems of discussion but I will say that for as much dough I'm gonna have to pay once my screw is paid for the pinstipes ought to be made of 24k gold.

Like I've said many times, even with all the shortcommings, I still like my screw better than anything I've had before. That must be saying something since I've had my fair share of bad luck getting screwed by Ford.

I must say now though that my dealer has gone a long way to fixing almost everything but have yet to see it in a week so I don't know if it's to my satisfaction or not.

Talk Later,

DaveMan

Old 11-20-2001, 10:42 PM
just last week i had the rear passenger door pinstripe replaced on my truck. was put on crooked at the factory. i really wish ford would put on stripes that actually go all the way around the door edges, etc. instead they are pre-cut and therefore aren't long enough. some day i may decide to have them completely stripped off and redone by a local body shop, but for now i'll live with it. and, daveman, i completely agree. for the kind of money my leather clad gal cost, she oughtta have her makeup on straight!!

Old 11-21-2001, 01:31 AM
Hey Troy,

"Long time no speak to". Your right about the makeup, you'd think they could spend a couple dollars and get that perfect. I would rather have some more detail work done on the stuff you see everyday instead of painting under my console or under my dash board where I will never see that. Not that I don't want paint in inconspicuous areas, it's just that I'd have my priorities on the areas that you see when you walk up and take a gander in the parking lot vs less noticable areas where it matters much less.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and drive safe.

DaveMan

Old 11-21-2001, 08:20 AM
well, i will be picking up my Thomas today. we will see how well they fixed the pinstriping on the drivers door. i have decided not to drive him this winter. instead i got myself i rice mobile that i could care less if it gets destroyed by the salt. i am planning on getting thomas's pinstripes hand painted on in the spring. i will post the pic's after his cosmetic surgery.

sarah

Old 11-21-2001, 08:30 AM
Smile

Hate to here you'r pinstriping is coming off. But why don't you try and put on you'r own pinstriping. It is not that hard to do and the tape cost is not that costly. Just take you'r time. I have done ten trucks and two cars. It take alittle time to get it down. And you can try different desigins and make you'r truck look better then new. Try soom on you'r rice burner it might even look better.LOL

Old 11-21-2001, 08:50 AM
i actually have a tool that was my fathers to paint pinstipes on, but i don't trust my skill...mainly because i have no skill.....i can't even draw a stick figure. might let my brother do it on my rice burner when he is out here. i don't have the emotional attachment to the rice burner like i do with my Thomas(KR). he says he knows how to do it. we will see.

Old 11-21-2001, 09:39 AM
I've heard a lot of complaints about the pinstriping. After hearing a number of them, I checked out my 2001. It doesn't look bad at all. The only problem is that they don't wrap around the edges because they are precut, but I can live with that. I guess I was lucky to get one that they were done properly on.

Quick Reply: KR pinstriping sucks!