King Ranch

King Ranch License Plate Holder Doesn't Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down King Ranch License Plate Holder Doesn't Fit

I ordered the King Ranch License Plate Holder and the King Ranch Hitch Plug from the King Ranch Saddle Shop last week. Got them in yesterday. Went out to install...and the license plate holder isn't even close. What a rip-off...$16 for this flimsy piece of crap that doesn't come close to fitting an '09 King Ranch.

The Hitch Plug looks pretty good though.

I even tried bending up the W at the bottom...still didn't fit.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
that sucks. looks like it was made for the front plate which i dont think you have in TX, correct?

Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I bet you're right. But, the website didn't say. And, actually I live on the Arkansas side of Texarkana, which does not require a front license plate...Texas does. So, I never even thought about someone putting out just a front plate cover. I had a "Retired Air Force" license plate cover that fit just fine. And, it wasn't made for a King Ranch truck.

This is from the King Ranch Saddle Shop concerning the license plate holder:

LICENSE PLATE HOLDER
Our handsome license plate holder is made of heavy duty steel with a burnished finish and a silver tone Running W brand. Looks great on your King Ranch Ford F Series Truck or any vehicle you love to drive.
12 1/4"w x 6 3/8"h.
$16.00

Old 08-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like it was made for the front plate as there would be limited to no size requirement (other than matching the holes) with that placement...

My suggestion, give the KR SS a call. Talk it over with them. We - as the KROC - are friends with them and they've always been VERY accommodating for our members and our site. If need be, I have a contact there that will definitely be able to help...

Old 08-11-2009, 05:20 PM
problem is frame was made for the 01-03 models i think they need to change the description to state that it will only fit the rear plate of those models

Old 08-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by KRCOWBOY
problem is frame was made for the 01-03 models i think they need to change the description to state that it will only fit the rear plate of those models
Yes, this was brought up a few years ago, '04 I believe, and it wouldn't fit that model. It does fit mine fine however.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys...they ought to at least say that in the description. And, I emailed them and sent them pics, the day before I originally posted this, asking what they were going to do about it. Still haven't heard a word. I just know I'll never order another thing from the King Ranch Saddle Shop.

Trending Topics

Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Moderator &

Mickey - Try giving them a call...

While the KR is HuGe, the gift shop is quite small and quaint. While I concur that you should've probably already heard something back via email, the chance exists that it got lost in the shuffle, was inadvertently deleted, or someone that handles this 'department' is on vacation.

They really are a good group of people... ask for Rose when you call.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by MickeyMorris
Thanks guys...they ought to at least say that in the description. And, I emailed them and sent them pics, the day before I originally posted this, asking what they were going to do about it. Still haven't heard a word. I just know I'll never order another thing from the King Ranch Saddle Shop.
And Mickey - some friendly advice? Try "toning down" your reaction to the problem a bit. If you sound less confrontational, you might be surprised at the positive response you might get. As Rockpick said (twice) - they're good folks, just give them a chance!

He gave you a contact: "Rose". Use it and say, "Rockpick on the f150forum told me to talk to you. I'm hoping you can help me.....".

Play nice! You may get nice in return!

- Jack

Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 AM
They're going to refund my $16 and send me a return label. They said, "As far as the license plate holder, because of the placement of the Running W it does not fit if the bumper is a solid bumper. If there is a hole on the bottom than it will fit. Because of Texas law on the visibility of the license plate state we cannot move it to the top."

Just looks to me like it would save them a lot of grief to put "FOR 2001-2003 VEHICLES ONLY" in the description. But, that's just me...

Old 08-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Moderator &

Glad to hear that they took care of the issue. While I concur it should list additional information in the description, at least they stepped up and are doing the right thing for you.

Did you end up calling?

Old 08-20-2009, 08:38 AM
No, they finally answered my first email. That's what I was quoting in my last post.

Quick Reply: King Ranch License Plate Holder Doesn't Fit