King Ranch

White haze from using KR conditioner, never again.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot believe that I am buying into the hijack...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Shiprock, the erosional remnant of the throat of an extinct volcano.An extinct volcano is a volcano which is not currently erupting and which is not considered likely to erupt in the future.

It is difficult to distinguish an extinct volcano from a dormant one because volcanoes are usually considered to be extinct if there are no written records of its activity. Nevertheless volcanoes may remain dormant for a long period of time and it is not uncommon for a so-called "extinct" volcano to erupt again. Vesuvius was thought to be extinct before its famous eruption of AD 79, which destroyed the towns of Herculaneum and Pompeii. More recently, the long-dormant Soufriere Hills volcano on the island of Montserrat was thought to be extinct before activity resumed in 1995. The most recent example is Fourpeaked Volcano in Alaska, which prior to September 2006 is not believed to have erupted since earlier than 7994 BC.

The Auvergne region of France has 50 extinct volcanoes, which have not erupted for more than 6,000 years and have been eroded away, leaving plugs of unerupted hardened magma, which look like rounded hilltops.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I cannot believe that I am buying into the hijack...
That's the problem with a forum that has nothing much to talk about except leather. If it wasn't for hijacks, it might not even stay alive.

I was told (by the Ranger in the Chiracauas) that the eruptions in the Four Corners area were the largest in the history of the planet. I've not verified this and of course, it happened a long, long time ago.

- Jack

Old 03-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
That's the problem with a forum that has nothing much to talk about except leather. If it wasn't for hijacks, it might not even stay alive.

I was told (by the Ranger in the Chiracauas) that the eruptions in the Four Corners area were the largest in the history of the planet. I've not verified this and of course, it happened a long, long time ago.

- Jack
You are right about 'staying alive'.
In the early days of the KR forum it certainly WOULD have died a death were it not for a bit of diversion. There were only a few of us.....Brad might have the original list somewhere, but there were only about 10 regular contributors, and it would have become a very 'dry' forum were it not for the banter that developed.
As an educator and writer I have always believed anyway, that by injecting a few alternative ideas, lively discussion can ensue which does no harm whatsoever to the original thread.
It is surprising how many friendships and how much knowledge has been generated by these diversions.
If we only talked about leather how would you all know that I was a demented half wit ?

(Shutup Brad !)

Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Lenticular
You are right about 'staying alive'.
In the early days of the KR forum it certainly WOULD have died a death were it not for a bit of diversion. There were only a few of us.....Brad might have the original list somewhere, but there were only about 10 regular contributors, and it would have become a very 'dry' forum were it not for the banter that developed.
As an educator and writer I have always believed anyway, that by injecting a few alternative ideas, lively discussion can ensue which does no harm whatsoever to the original thread.
It is surprising how many friendships and how much knowledge has been generated by these diversions.
If we only talked about leather how would you all know that I was a demented half wit ?

(Shutup Brad !)

I agree...and I like the post credits that I get Not sure why I like them to be on the rise. I just do.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Global Moderator &

I agree...and I like the post credits that I get Not sure why I like them to be on the rise. I just do.
Yep, Me too! (But then I'm a "junior" old fart).

Interesting, Lenny. I was an "educator" at the University of Arizona for the last 20 years. I can't agree more with your observation about "no harm" resulting from lively discussions. Bring 'em on!

- Jack

Old 03-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Yep, Me too! (But then I'm a "junior" old fart).

Interesting, Lenny. I was an "educator" at the University of Arizona for the last 20 years. I can't agree more with your observation about "no harm" resulting from lively discussions. Bring 'em on!

- Jack
Seems like most of the "Lively" discussions that I have entered as of late...have been locked

Not due to my words, but others cussing and threatening remarks. Why do people act so

Old 03-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Global Moderator &

Seems like most of the "Lively" discussions that I have entered as of late...have been locked

Not due to my words, but others cussing and threatening remarks. Why do people act so
Aw Shine - you're trying to hijack a "hijack"! (And you REALLY know why people act that way. It's same reason we have wars).

And I just contributed to the latest hijack. :o

- Jack (You don't say "hi" to me in airports - old joke).

Old 03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lenticular

(Shutup Brad !)

Sometimes you say everything without anyone else having to interject.

Quick Reply: White haze from using KR conditioner, never again.