Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

F150 Noob

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Noob

Hey everyone, just bought my 2005 F150 XLT Supercrew. Picked it up with 74k miles. Has a little rust on it and a dented fender. Plan to get that replaced after this winter.

I'm from Iowa, currently a student at Iowa State University. This F150 is my first truck So far, it's got grille inserts, nerf bars, visors, stereo, a few other small things. Anyways, just thought I'd stop in and see what's up. I've got a few modifications I'd like to make to it as money allows, being broke and in college makes that difficult but I'll find a way to modify it as $$$ allows

Here it is:

And here's my other ride, it was my first car. I've done quite a bit of work to it. I'm at the point where I no longer want to drive it through the snow and salt we get to experience most winters here in Iowa (although last year wasn't much haha)

Name:  20120922_173536_zps446bf12e.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  422.8 KB

Old 09-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome!

I like the car, I wasn't aware they had a supercharged version of the Monte Carlo. I drove a few rentals when I was traveling. It was actually a pretty snappy car with decent handling for a front drive.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 05 XLT SC
Hey everyone, just bought my 2005 F150 XLT Supercrew. Picked it up with 74k miles. Has a little rust on it and a dented fender. Plan to get that replaced after this winter.

I'm from Iowa, currently a student at Iowa State University. This F150 is my first truck So far, it's got grille inserts, nerf bars, visors, stereo, a few other small things. Anyways, just thought I'd stop in and see what's up. I've got a few modifications I'd like to make to it as money allows, being broke and in college makes that difficult but I'll find a way to modify it as $$$ allows

Here it is:

And here's my other ride, it was my first car. I've done quite a bit of work to it. I'm at the point where I no longer want to drive it through the snow and salt we get to experience most winters here in Iowa (although last year wasn't much haha)

when do you grad? whats your major. My gf plans on going there next year!

Old 09-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
What engine? The 05 5.4s have injector issues.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by malexander52
I like the car, I wasn't aware they had a supercharged version of the Monte Carlo. I drove a few rentals when I was traveling. It was actually a pretty snappy car with decent handling for a front drive.
Thanks! It wasn't originally supercharged I've done a few things to get it where it is today.

Here's a more recent pic:
Name:  20120917_235409.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  532.0 KB

Always a work in progress, its a lot of fun for me but a little rough on my wallet lol.

Originally Posted by 1997 lariat 4.6
when do you grad? whats your major. My gf plans on going there next year!
I'm currently doing Pre-Architecture/design. So I'll be lucky to be out of here by 2016-17

Originally Posted by Patman
What engine? The 05 5.4s have injector issues.
5.4.. My dad is the only previous owner, so I'm fortunate that I know everything and anything that's been previously fixed/replaced. I don't believe there's been any issues with the injectors currently, that I'm aware of at least. What issues should I expect/watch out for? Is there a solution to the issue? Lucky for me I get to retain his extended warranty which covers nearly everything. I believe it's good until December-ish of next year. Would it be something I should get checked out now, or wait until something goes wrong

Depending on the issue and solution, I may be able to do this myself. I've had some experience with faulty injectors on my Monte but that's totally different I'm sure.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Former Sponsor
Welcome to the forum! If there are any aftermarket accessories you are looking for just let me know!!
http://www.buyautotruckaccessories.com/

Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Those valance lights are .....eh.......to put it politely....

Old 09-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by TRUCKDIVA
Welcome to the forum! If there are any aftermarket accessories you are looking for just let me know!!
http://www.buyautotruckaccessories.com/
Thanks! I'll have to check it out
Originally Posted by 88racing

Those valance lights are .....eh.......to put it politely....
Totally agree, I'm not a huge fan either. They'll be removed soon

Old 09-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Welcome...Nice truck.

I just saw that my Window Sticker is ready on my F150 with a build date of Oct. 1, and ETA of October 15!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 05 XLT SC
What issues should I expect/watch out for? Is there a solution to the issue? Lucky for me I get to retain his extended warranty which covers nearly everything.
If an injector lets loose it will hydrolock the motor on gasoline on startup. Only preventative fix would be replacing all 8 injectors

Quick Reply: F150 Noob