Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Love my new Ford Truck!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love my new Ford Truck!

I have been a member for years, but never introduced myself. I usually don't post because the few problems I had with my old 01 SCrew, I found the answer here on this forum. I always tell non-computer people about how the one day my truck wouldn't start. Did some searching on this site and decided that the IAC valve sounded like the culprit. Replaced it and it started right up. I should have posted how thankful I was. Also searched the spark plug problems breaking off in the 5.4's and decided that the best thing to do is take it to mechanic that had the tool to fix it,, and of course two plugs broke off... anyways, this is a great site to get plenty of information.
Now to the story of my truck... My whole life, I always jumped from vehicle to vehicle. My Dad bought a 2001 SCrew Lariat, 2WD, lowered it and put an exhaust and cold air intake... I loved it when he bought it. Then in 2003, he said that if I bought his truck, he would by a new HD SCrew, black and silver. Loved that truck too, but I couldn't afford it and he sold me his 01 for dirt cheap..Gotta love that deal! I loved the truck. It was the longest that I owned an everyday driver. I had no intentions of selling it. I was happy with it and loved it until the day that it died.... well, the day some lady decided to run a stop sign and total it. Not only did I lose the truck I loved, but suffered a traumatic brain injury and post concussive syndrome. She hit me on the driver side front and I smacked my head on the drivers side window. I have hit my head several times in my life. Never had a concussion, never been knocked out. This one hit was a life changer. I have suffered for almost three years now with headaches and pain. Had one surgery and still have to get two more to hopefully get the pain to go away. Now for the bright spot.... Finally sued her insurance company, Allstate, and won! The only thing that I really wanted was a new truck... so a couple weeks ago, I went a bought a 2012 F150 Platinum 4X4 with the ecoboost. Fully loaded! Paid in cash. I have worked hard all my life and made good money, but never had the feeling of going in and putting down the money to buy a new car outright.... I love this truck! Yeah, it's a "pavement princess" but it is one nice ride! Who would have thought that a truck would have all these gadgets. Really,,, traction control on a truck? A little display in the instrument cluster that shows power going to the wheels? Rear seat heaters? This is some crazy stuff! As happy as I am with my new truck, I would give it all back to feel like I did before the accident. This truck has been a bright spot and a real pick me up!
I have had many cars and trucks in my life. Trucks have all been Fords. This will be my fourth pickup and I have had three old Broncos(pre 78). I am kinda all over the place,,, but the whole purpose of this post is to say,,, I love my new Ford truck!!!!

Last edited by Bluejay; 07-22-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: language
Old 07-20-2012, 12:23 AM
So glad it all has been working out for you. A good buddy of mine got rear ended a couple years ago, has racked up many thousands of dollars in medical bills, and still hasn't come to a settlement.

Those new ecoboosts are sweet trucks!

Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
I hope you can get your medical issues resolved. Enjoy your Platinum. They sure are nice.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 AM
May your recovery continue in a positive way.

I agree on the truck, I went from an 05 Dodge Ram loaded to this 2012 XLT and can't beleive the advancements that have been made in ride, power, and features.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 07-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Thanks for your replies and well wishes.... I keep finding excuses to drive somewhere.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Hope the recovery is successful! glad you could find yourself in another Ford! post up pics of it

Old 07-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Former Sponsor
Welcome aboard! Lots of great mod info and support here, enjoy the forum.

Congrats on the new rig and a speedy recovery too!

Quick Reply: Love my new Ford Truck!