No center console like or dislike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fold down armrest, provides plenty of support . Invest in some antisway bars.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Center Consoles look great... On the other hand I am not a fan of the electric 4x4 shifting on the fly. I like the manual shifter. The center console does not allow for this. It would be difficult to install my center channel speakers with the console. I tried out both types when I purchased my truck and I felt a bit claustrophobic with the large center console...

Plus, my seat allows a perfect spot for the placement of my power inverter...

Old 06-05-2012, 09:18 AM
You can always get a truck without a center console and then purchase a console after for storage and to use as an armrest. That way you will be able to remove the console whenever you want and vice versa.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:19 PM
My F250 was my first truck that had the flip down middle seat. I loved the thing to be honest. Especially since that truck didn't have power mirrors (The only thing I ever lamented about that truck when I bought it). Flip up the console, slide across, and adjust the passenger mirror. Decided to get one in my F250.

If you have a little dog riding with you in the truck, they love sitting on top of them so they can see out the windows and stay in the cool of the AC.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:36 PM
You all seem to forget that with a regular cab, a console would make it a two seater. Unless everyone else rode Indian. Am I allowed to say that? That's what we call it around here. I'll bet a lot of states don't let anyone do that anymore. Too bad, best seat in the truck!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrEvil
My F250 was my first truck that had the flip down middle seat. I loved the thing to be honest. Especially since that truck didn't have power mirrors (The only thing I ever lamented about that truck when I bought it). Flip up the console, slide across, and adjust the passenger mirror. Decided to get one in my F250.

If you have a little dog riding with you in the truck, they love sitting on top of them so they can see out the windows and stay in the cool of the AC.
I actually saw a big dog sitting on the flip down console at the grocery store one day. He was able to sit on this and stick his head up out the sunroof. Funniest thing I ever saw..

That being said I love the captains chairs and a center console like in mine. Father has a bench seat and buddy has a split seat and the for comfort I like the captains chairs far more. Plus with a center console you have better storage for things you want out of sight..

Old 08-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Flagship
You all seem to forget that with a regular cab, a console would make it a two seater. Unless everyone else rode Indian. Am I allowed to say that? That's what we call it around here. I'll bet a lot of states don't let anyone do that anymore. Too bad, best seat in the truck!
You make a good point--a member on here offered me a tan XLT console for shipping, but my and my father's SuperCab interiors are gray. My future FIL has a tan XL with tan interior, but his is a regular cab and he has to carry 3 people often so he passed, as well.

I dunno that I could go back to a regular cab, Flag. After having 3 of them, I am thankful every day for my SuperCab, and am in fact mulling over getting a SuperCrew for my next truck.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:11 PM
You can only fit one passenger in the front with a center console.

I can't think of a better reason to get one with a center console.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Net Wurker
You can only fit one passenger in the front with a center console.

I can't think of a better reason to get one with a center console.
^this

Is it a truck or a taxi?

Old 10-14-2012, 11:11 AM
lol

I guess I never minded having the ability to put two people in the front--when I had to respond to emergency calls at the behavioral health place I worked at, we could squeeze the DON in that jumpseat. She always had to respond to those calls on various units on campus, and the Grey Ghost and I were SURE to be first responder, every time.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I wish mine didnt have the full console. I still want the front buckets but I want the half console available in some of the trucks ive seen. Still get the front and rear cup holders but without the floor shift and full console. I want a column shift with half console, but I dont think you could even get FX4s like that? Ive seen the with either the whole console or none at all and a front bench.

I would never buy another supercab or regular cab truck either. I LOVVVE my supercrew. In fact when I was looking for a new truck I was looking for anything BUT the supercrew and anything but red. I ended up finding a deal on a bright red supercrew luck would have it LOL but now I love both and would never buy another truck that isnt a full 4 door. Its so much more convenient

Last edited by Drick; 11-03-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by jdruzik
Center Consoles look great... On the other hand I am not a fan of the electric 4x4 shifting on the fly. I like the manual shifter. The center console does not allow for this. It would be difficult to install my center channel speakers with the console. I tried out both types when I purchased my truck and I felt a bit claustrophobic with the large center console...
Plus, my seat allows a perfect spot for the placement of my power inverter...
Dude you've got a lot of gear in your cab, what you need is a E-150. LOL. whats your beef with electric shift on the fly?

Last edited by millerman; 11-14-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 AM
I absolutly hate the idea of a center console on a pickup truck. My screw has plenty of storge for winter gear which is a must to keep in any vehicle in this part of the country. The shift stick on the console is annoying to no end, its a truck the stick BELONGS on the colum! MY family has had ford pickups dating back to the 60's and has had just about every bodystyle since then so maybe its just a tradition thing for me. The jumpseat is rarely used as a seat in my truck but i like that when i hit the dirt road riding around in the mountians my daughter can come sit next to daddy. plus the center console makes me feel sqwished. Maybe im wrong, just my opinion. ive never had one with a center console, but when i bought my pickup in april i bought an 05 because all the other f150s in my area that were newer had the console.

Last edited by millerman; 11-14-2012 at 02:45 AM. Reason: im dumb

Quick Reply: No center console like or dislike?