Overhead Console Removal 2006

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overhead Console Removal 2006

My overhead console is discolored and I want to paint it but would rather remove it than have to mask everything around it. It is the style with 2 lights and one drop down bin. What is the removal process?

Old 11-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are you looking to paint the rails too? the drop down bin comes off the rails by sliding the tabs on both side down. and the plastic thats around the lights pops off. not to hi jack your post but does anyone know what the wiring harness coming out of the headliner above the drop down bin is for?

Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm pretty sure you have to removes the lens over the light bulbs to access any screws. Remove the screws and it should come down.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by millerman
are you looking to paint the rails too? the drop down bin comes off the rails by sliding the tabs on both side down. and the plastic thats around the lights pops off. not to hi jack your post but does anyone know what the wiring harness coming out of the headliner above the drop down bin is for?
They make a flip screen for the rail system and that would be the plug for it I believe.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by millerman

My console is not the rail sysyem type. It is just one small unit fastened directly to the headliner. The lights operate by pushing on them so are theese lenses still the pry off type?

Old 11-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm pretty sure.

Quick Reply: Overhead Console Removal 2006