No center console like or dislike?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to have the console. I really don't like having the fold-down center seat. You lose storage space, it looks unfinished, and the cupholders are usually too far back so you have to bend your arm backward to get at your drink. I have so much stuff in my console I think I'm ready for anything. Hat, gloves, CDs, air pressure guage, gum, phone chargers. Plus you don't have to drive that 5th passenger anywhere while they're jammed right next to you.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:15 PM
I really dont like the look of the fold down seat in the 2011s...I really like the 20 small center seat in my '04 with the console on the back side of the seat and the cupholders...so convenient to fold up as needed.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The front center seat works well for kids, too small for adults.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 54regcab
The front center seat works well for kids, too small for adults.
Works perfect for my woman to cuddle up under my arm

Old 11-02-2011, 05:52 PM
I love my center console. I'm 6'4" tall and a big enough guy as it is, don't need anybody sitting right next to me getting in the way of my elbows while I drive! Plus the extra storage the center console provides is awesome! I can fit a cooler or laptop in mine and nobody would know it was there!

Last edited by Viking1204; 11-02-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:11 PM
For the 09, and probably several other years, you also lose the rear-seat air conditioner vents when you don't have a console, and with the higher-end models, you also lose the air conditioned front seats!

Old 12-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My truck came with the 20/fold-down console but after swapping a Lariat Flow Through into my truck, I can say that I would never go back. Looks better and much more space.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:55 PM
I like the fold down on my 08 lariat scab but the only problem ive found is it doesnt slide back like the driver & passenger seat.

Only really found this out when me and my GF went to the drive in movies (yup theres still some around ... lol)

Powered both seats all the way back to get comfortable and unfortunately the center seat doesnt go back which kind of killed off any chance of snuggling comfortably or any other things we wished to do during intermission.

Next time I'm tossing a mattress in the back and backing the truck in and hoping a mini van loaded with kids dont park next to us again ... lol.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
I am looking to swap out my console for an actual seat. Anyone have one for sale or are willing to trade?

Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CAGE RATTLER
I like the fold down on my 08 lariat scab but the only problem ive found is it doesnt slide back like the driver & passenger seat.

Only really found this out when me and my GF went to the drive in movies (yup theres still some around ... lol)

Powered both seats all the way back to get comfortable and unfortunately the center seat doesnt go back which kind of killed off any chance of snuggling comfortably or any other things we wished to do during intermission.

Next time I'm tossing a mattress in the back and backing the truck in and hoping a mini van loaded with kids dont park next to us again ... lol.
Yeah, that is why I'm buying a Truck Tent from Sportsman's Guide--so me and the lil' lady can bed down whilst camping and still retain privacy

And we still have a Drive-In here in Memphis, too lol

Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 PM
I like the look of the console, and the sportiness of it. and sometimes even think about putting one in. But I would miss the caverness feel of what I have now. Buckets with the fold down armrest jump seat. Not Having the console allows me to place my lunch box in the center where I can grab it and go. A place to put Items out of my passengers way , without throwing it in the back seat . Great for trips up to the mountains when youve gota fill that cooler full of snacks and beverages for the ride. And when I fold the armrest console up my dog can sit beside me rather than in my lap or out the passenger side window slobbering it up. Same goes for my wife , but you didnt hear that from me. And if shes willing the consoles not in the way ,if you know what I mean.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah, from a performance standpoint wouldnt the columb shifter be lighter weight than the nwhole console assembly. less weight = faster.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by 2009KR
For the 09, and probably several other years, you also lose the rear-seat air conditioner vents when you don't have a console, and with the higher-end models, you also lose the air conditioned front seats!
Oh no's! no air conditioned front seats!!! Really?

No console for me, just the fold down 40/20/40 seat and love it. I feel trapped with a console, always banging my knees in my moms exploder and g/fs ranger. But none of my trucks have a console.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:36 AM
With out the center console the lack of support goes down. Your truck in all feels smaller. It looks cheaper. I went from one to none and always found myself with my right hand on my seat for support where ever I drove. Plus everyone seems closer to you which sucks. I couldnt hold on to my girlfriends hand because we were too close with three people. No, we are not fat, I'm 135lbs and shes is right at 100.

In the end, get the console.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 AM
I also ordered out mine with a console. I think it just looks better and three accross seating is a little to tight for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No center console like or dislike?