Cleaning Cloth Seats?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleaning Cloth Seats?????

hey everybody....
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I am still searching for a "cleaner" for my cloth seats in my 06 F150. These seats are a nightmare to clean. It started with rain spots that "stained" my seat. I tried cleaning with OXY water. Made it worse. Then straight water using a carpet shampooer. Still nothing. Now my seat looks like I laid greasy french fries all over it! I have tried a couple cleaners but nothing has worked so far! Suggestions PLEASE! Appreciate any help a bunch!

Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Meguiars Quik Out is good for random stains and dirty carpet.

http://www.meguiars.com/?cloth-carpe...lstery-Cleaner

In your case it may require a full shampooing and steaming.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
yea Darren...probably gonna have to go that route. I do have a shampooer, I just need to find out what is good for cleaning the seat. And yea...it is no longer a "spot" issue. The whole seat needs a good cleaning now! I appreciate it guy.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by MarkFX4
hey everybody....
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I am still searching for a "cleaner" for my cloth seats in my 06 F150. These seats are a nightmare to clean. It started with rain spots that "stained" my seat. I tried cleaning with OXY water. Made it worse. Then straight water using a carpet shampooer. Still nothing. Now my seat looks like I laid greasy french fries all over it! I have tried a couple cleaners but nothing has worked so far! Suggestions PLEASE! Appreciate any help a bunch!
I have the same problem... I have never experienced a cloth that "Stains" soo easy...

Old 06-25-2008, 03:44 PM
the local servpro franchise quoted me $98 to shampoo/steamclean the carpets and seats. I haven't had it done yet but I figure if they can get smoke, ash, and mold from fire damaged carpet in homes, I'll give them a shot at my truck. Especially since it's under $100 for everything and they'll come to my house.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:09 PM
lemme know how it turns out Turtle! thanks
these seats are a freakin nightmare.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I have cloth seats as well and a pretty cheap stain remover that has worked well for me is tide stain remover, its a little bottle with like orange bristles on it. I got it from wal-mart for about 6 dollars and have been pretty happy with it.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
so has anyone ever gone the full shampoo route? if so, how were the results?

Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by athill
so has anyone ever gone the full shampoo route? if so, how were the results?
I have to do mine once every 6 months to keep them looking good. My local car wash does them for $10 a seat and they come out looking perfect

Old 07-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I use one of these

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...-extractor.htm

with the Meguiar's APC + it is the orange apc that meg's detailing line has, it has an antifoaming agent.

What I would reccomend if you don't have the money for the durrmaid extractor is this

http://www.bissell.com/Products/c/Po...g/product.aspx

bissell makes a few in the same lineup, and I would reccomend using water about 170 degrees with about 2 oz of the apc+ to every gallon of water. and some mixed 4:1 for spot treating.

Hot water and the apc+ is the key. I have the beige cloth and it looks good as new. It goes through the water spots like a hot knife through butter. I go offroading, quad riding, camping, boating. My intererior gets beat up regularly and outside of a small rip in the driver seat, it looks as good as new.

Let me know if any of that helps, but you can get a gallon of the treatment and a bissell for under $150 and you can take care of all of your interior and carpet needs.

Last edited by bigemike; 07-22-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Ugh my tan cloth seats are beginning to look terrible. I have one of those small steam cleaners for carpets, do you think this would work decently on the seats? I have a couple stains that will just not come out and after trying to use a couple different stain removers today, I need to flat out clean the entire seat to get the splotches out.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 AM
order you a sample bottle of the apc+ from autodetailsolutions and then use water about 170deg with that small handheld and you will have great results, just might take a little longer to dry.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:25 PM
tuff stuff has always worked for me.... its available at walmart and just about any other store.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:07 PM
those products are decent for quick on the spot jobs. when i need a thorough carpet/mat clean in my '06 FX2 I use a rug doctor. i bought a rug doctor about a year ago instead of renting one for a few years prior. It does a good job.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:38 PM
What kinda seat stains with water WTF Ford, i use turtle wax foam cleaner it does the job, but you will still need a good steam clean once a year.

Quick Reply: Cleaning Cloth Seats?????