carpet cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2000, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up carpet cleaning

hi all ...i have one of those big green clean machines(shampoo vac) i ran out of thier cleaning solution so i tried some laundry detergent...what a difference the detergent worked ten times better than the name brand solution !!!and it made the carpet spring time fresh too!!!!L.O.L.
...just a little tip for you all....

------------------
pacific green 97 f150 4.6l..reg cab flareside ,ROUSH suspention down 3 fr and3.5rear,snug lid,carpeted bed, painted tailight accents,4x4 grill &bumper,k&n,chip,ram air kit,valvoline synthetic,accel super stock wires,platinum plus4 plugs,flow master muff,blue halogen bulbs,killer stereo, speed-glo dash,carbon fiber gauge accent,..."#6 sticker!!!!"

Old 01-02-2000, 06:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

It's probably 1/10 the price too.

Old 01-02-2000, 07:26 PM
Cool

I was wondering how much detergent to water (ratio) did you use. This sounds like a good idea! I own a "Little Green Machine" and was wondering. Thanks.

Old 01-02-2000, 09:16 PM
And how about the the suds? Seems like it would be harder to rinse out.

Old 01-02-2000, 09:21 PM
Cool

i dont know the measurment but definatly not as much as the solution because the detergent is so concentrated!the suds are not that bad either the ones that are there lift the dirt out and get sucked up any way...

------------------
pacific green 97 f150 4.6l..reg cab flareside ,ROUSH suspention down 3 fr and3.5rear,snug lid,carpeted bed, painted tailight accents,4x4 grill &bumper,k&n,SUPERCHIP(THANX MIKE),ram air kit,valvoline synthetic,accel super stock wires,platinum plus4 plugs,flow master muff,blue halogen bulbs, speed-glo dash,carbon fiber gauge accent,..."#6 sticker!!!!"
STEREO:eclipse head unit ,boston seperates ,orion amp, pioneer amp,2-orion 12's,custom box by me!,sony adjustable crossover,1 farad cap&way to many cd's

Old 01-03-2000, 07:55 AM
Well, this is right up my alley. I own a carpet cleaning business. The problem with laundry detergent and the Bissell solution is the Ph and the optical brighteners that is in this stuff. Also, the suds leave a residue in the carpet that attracts more dirt. That is why most people that use this stuff have to clean it more often. It also can "brown out" the carpet. The carpet in the 97-98 models is also not very good quality and browns out much easier than the 99-00 models with the improved carpet. I use a commercial lemon deodorizer as a pre-spray or carbonated water (Zep spot remover at Home Depot and Spot Shot are two of the best carbonated water based cleaners available) or diluted ammonia sometimes mixed with carbonated water. I use the pre-spray first and lightly scrub the dirty areas and extract with hot, CLEAN, water. The more of the cleaner that is removed from the carpet, the better. Carbonated water, ammonia (non-sudsy) and deodorizers leave no residue. My way gives great results and will stay clean a lot longer. Feel free to ask me any questions. Many people are skeptical of what I say but it is the truth.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:41 AM
AJS Carpet Cleaning West Jordan, Utah, USA

The professional cleaning services that take care of your carpet and furniture can get stains out that you never would be able to with a rag and soap. They have professional high-grade cleaning solutions that are safe and gentle on your fabric while tough on stains and smells. They can get the smell out of anything with their supplies alone. For more information just visit our website at AJS Carpet Cleaning, Inc.

Last edited by McDonaldGeorgi; 08-09-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:28 AM
IME Rug Doctor is the best to use, you can find it at grocery stores and it's worked great for me, you can get a separate anti-form solution for it.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Makes good sense. Detergent cleans better than an over priced steam cleaning solution. I cleaned my hat by hand with some Tide and couldn't believe how much cleaner it got since I was afraid to stick it in the machine. I haven't ever cleaned interior carpet with it though but my carpets are usually spotless. If anything I just ever need to spray a little of my pre-dilluted Meguiars APC on a dirt spot and scrub off with a MF.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Well you really need to buy some carpet cleaner for the hard stains. You can also use the the home dish washing detergent but it only works for the little stains. If you don't have special product for carpet cleaning then you can mix half cup vinegar and 1 tea spoon dish washing detergent with hot water in a spray bottle.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Get Folex homedepot or walmart. it has taken out everything I could throw at it. Coffee, grease, grape juice from the kids...you get the Idea.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If carpet and seats are really dirty, I just pull them out and pressure was them. I usually use Simple Green, but the laundry soap would probably work great. I wouldn't worry about residue this way, since I rinse until the water runs clean.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by 01 gt f150
Get Folex homedepot or walmart. it has taken out everything I could throw at it. Coffee, grease, grape juice from the kids...you get the Idea.

x2 for Folex! Stuff works wonders in the truck and in the house. Works great by itself with some brush agitation but also does wonders as a pretreatment when using a machine.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Krud Kutter from Lowes, 1 gal jug in a hand sprayer works in my 02 F150 Supercrew Lariat & wife's Lincoln & my Volvo C70. Seats carpet wheels rims etc.

Quick Reply: carpet cleaning