New LED headlights came in today

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received my new headlights today from F150LEDS.com and just installed them, I will take pictures tonight and let you know what I think but so far I like them.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with your crap output and blinding people

Old 04-02-2016, 02:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thelariat02
Sorry to the op, but I do agree with thelariat02. The stock housings are meant for halogen bulbs only.

No matter what you state, your output won't be as good and you'll be blinding oncoming traffic.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:44 PM
I live in a college town. I can't tell you how many of these I see coming at me. Horrible!

Old 04-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 329PD
I live in a college town. I can't tell you how many of these I see coming at me. Horrible!
Same here. These and the Big *** LED Light Bars. I'm about ready to follow them into the gas station and take a hammer to their POS!

Old 04-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by joe51
Same here. These and the Big *** LED Light Bars. I'm about ready to follow them into the gas station and take a hammer to their POS!
Well that escalated quickly ha

Old 04-02-2016, 03:14 PM
LOL! It only takes looking into those things a few times to get REAL tired of them!

Seriously, I do have an AN/VSS-3A Searchlight and there are times that I feel like mounting it on my truck and then going out and playing Bright Lights with the inconsiderate idiots that are running those LED Light bars!

Old 04-02-2016, 03:38 PM
I know how you feel. The are a lot of PNP HIDs here and it's annoying. And now we have a high school kids that runs LED pods 24/7 and fails to turn his 50" light bar off right away when people come around the corner. Got dazed so I gave him my retrofit high beam.. And now the kid has PNP HIDs too. I need a light bar just for these idiots

Old 04-02-2016, 05:06 PM
We will see soon enough, they are adjustable if needed. I really won't know anything until tonight. Also who drives with their light bars on on a main road with oncoming traffic?

Old 04-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jeremy Wolfram
We will see soon enough, they are adjustable if needed. I really won't know anything until tonight. Also who drives with their light bars on on a main road with oncoming traffic?
You'd be surprised actually many people do... You can't really adjust your lights to stop glare. You can aim them down to bring glare downward but then you won't see further than 40 feet in front of you.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Also who drives with their light bars on on a main road with oncoming traffic?
In my experience, everyone that has them! I've yet to see one that wasn't on, day or night! I guess they just want everyone else to know how SPECIAL that they are because they have a light bar.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Not to pile on, but I think you can see the situation pretty clearly in your pictures - particularly the one with one OEM and one LED bulb. Notice how much more glare the driver side (LED) light is putting out? That's the glare that everybody is talking about and it drives oncoming drivers wild. No amount of re-aiming is going to fix that. And any re-aiming attempting to fix it is only going to point your headlights further into the ground. I don't think you'll like that.

I do have a solution for idiots who drive around with the cheap LED bars on all the time. My 30" LED bar (with all 10 watt CREE LEDs) is wired into my high beams with a relay. One pull on the directional stalk is usually enough to sear retinas. If however that doesn't work, there's the 36" Star dual level light bar on the roof with 18 Whelen LINZ6 LEDs and 4 Star halogen rotators.

Last edited by 2stroked; 04-02-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by thelariat02
You really need to let your inner feelings out. Keeping them all pent up inside like you do will just lead to bad things.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:33 PM
I have to side with the others. If you could focus all the light loss from the housing you would have some ok lights. And you might be happy with them. I used to blind people too with drop in bulbs and eBay HID kits. Got tired of being blasted with REAL HID's and proper lights or light bars.

If you want better light, there is only one way to do it, the right way. I learned the same lesson. Unfortunately I spent enough on crap lights to upgrade mine twice before I finally upgraded them and I tell you, I wish I had listened to others who were telling me the same thing we are telling you. I like your truck though.

I also added a 32" LED bar for people with unfocused drop in bulbs.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Also, I know with all the opposition to your upgrade here you might be inclined to not post night pics due to ridicule, but please do. You might save others the trouble of spending the money on these by letting them see the output pattern. Sorry, I don't mean that to sound as bad as it does. I couldn't think of a better way to word that.

Quick Reply: New LED headlights came in today