Switchback led video

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 08:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Switchback led video

So all can see how they look/work. They're really bright. 3157 with 22 5730 chips. Would have done a night video, but there would be too much glare.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:36 AM

I'm still trying to decide if these look unique / modern or if they look ricer-ish. Any thoughts?

If I don't stick with the switchbacks, I'd put Amber Sylvania zevo 3175's up there instead.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I don't think they're "ricey" at all. I like the looks of white light in the front unless they are operating turn or hazard signals. I had "stealth" bulbs in my old 2005 truck to get rid of the ugly yellow color in the turn signal reflectors when those bulbs were off.

Looks good to me! Glad you got them working.

- Jack

Old 01-29-2016, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
I don't think they're "ricey" at all. I like the looks of white light in the front unless they are operating turn or hazard signals. I had "stealth" bulbs in my old 2005 truck to get rid of the ugly yellow color in the turn signal reflectors when those bulbs were off.

Looks good to me! Glad you got them working.

- Jack
Thanks for the reply Jack!

And it turns out, the reason they weren't working was due to the junk LEDs I had in the rear. When I put Sylvania zevo LEDs in the tails, the fronts no longer had issues.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doesn't look ricer at all, in fact if you changed your headlights to something a little more white to match it would look really clean.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by dont slow down
Doesn't look ricer at all, in fact if you changed your headlights to something a little more white to match it would look really clean.
Unfortunately anything whiter would be hid or led and I know those are terrible in the stock housings. I don't want to spend hundreds on the headlights either ha.

I'll have this truck for another 1-2 years before I upgrade.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm loving my switchbacks so far, XL. Besides the cool switchback effect, I like the way they behave like DRL's in the daytime. That lets me keep my headlamps off but keep the increased visibility while on the highway. I went ahead and replaced all my external bulbs with LED's and I've been very pleased with the results.
Agree with wishing my headlights were whiter and matched the 6000K of the switchbacks and 5500K of my Morimoto fog lamps, but a proper HID replacement would run at least 800 bucks with used parts, and I just can't justify that cost right now.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 PM

I also like them. I just really also like a factory look. I too have swapped every single bulb (minus headlight) to led. Through trial and error, I started with cheap eBay stuff and have now switched everything possible to the sylvania zevo leds. They really seem to be the best.

I may get the Amber zevos for the front and take out the switchbacks. I'm not sure yet.

My headlights are the sylvania zxe, still nowhere near white enough to come close to the switchbacks.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:51 AM

Taking out the switchbacks and putting some sylvania zevo Amber 3156's in there.

I was driving home last night in the snow, the white switchbacks aim straight out and directly up. They're so bright that they produced a lot of glare on the snow, making it much harder to see. Almost like driving with highbeams on in the snow/fog.

Quick Reply: Switchback led video