CCFL Halo Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CCFL Halo Headlight

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160782201986...=p5197.c0.m619

Anyone add one of these to your F150? Can't seem to find additional info on them. What bulbs does it use? Do they leak? Do they required additional wiring or are they PnP? The usual stuff.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a set of black ones I got from a member here, just sold them again. They're plug and play. Ran what lights I was using already.

ETA: actually all the installation info is in the ebay ad.

Last edited by Stealth; 01-27-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They'll be PnP aside from the halo. You'll want to tap into your parking/running light circuit for that.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Everything should be plug and play.....when I had them just disconnect the old and reconnect the new....pretty simple...

Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by benchwarmer4203
They'll be PnP aside from the halo. You'll want to tap into your parking/running light circuit for that.
Wrong!!! Please do not give incorrect information about a product with which you are unfamiliar with, it makes you look dumb.

OP, they are plug and play.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Wrong!!! Please do not give incorrect information about a product with which you are unfamiliar with, it makes you look dumb.

OP, they are plug and play.
I've installed several sets of headlights similar to these that were also purchased from Ebay.

The back of the photo on the Ebay ad shows a set of leads for the halo with no connectors, just insulated wire. Where do the halos get their power from?

Every set of headlights that I've purchased from Ebay has required you to land your own power source for the halos and leds, including the set that I currently have on my truck.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Just an FYI- those aren't projectors. Its a reflector-based optic

Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM

I've installed several sets of headlights similar to these that were also purchased from Ebay.

The back of the photo on the Ebay ad shows a set of leads for the halo with no connectors, just insulated wire. Where do the halos get their power from?

Every set of headlights that I've purchased from Ebay has required you to land your own power source for the halos and leds, including the set that I currently have on my truck.
Well in this case no matter how many ebay halo lights you've installed, these are plug and play.

Just to humor you I will share this wee little tidbit. The parking lamp on the light has a lead that plugs into the side marker lamp harness of the truck. This is where your phantom power source for the halo comes from.

But, for whatever reason, me personally having had a set of these lights is not enough evidence that they are plug and play............

Last edited by Stealth; 01-30-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Well in this case no matter how many ebay halo lights you've installed, these are plug and play.

Just to humor you I will share this wee little tidbit. The parking lamp on the light has a lead that plugs into the side marker lamp harness of the truck. This is where your phantom power source for the halo comes from.

But, for whatever reason, me personally having had a set of these lights is not enough evidence that they are plug and play............
I was trying to help someone out with the information and experience that I have, thank you for trying to continually demean me for it. Have a nice evening.

OP, good luck with your lights. They will be a nice looking upgrade.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 PM

I was trying to help someone out with the information and experience that I have, thank you for trying to continually demean me for it. Have a nice evening.
I'm not demeaning you by me repeatedly having to state that these lights are indeed plug and play.

Nothing of what you've said about these lights is relevant. The incorrect input concerning these lights can confuse the OP which goes completely against what this message board is all about, product relevance and correct information.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With all due respect to 'Stealth', I purchased a pair of these same lights back in 08 and those had to have the CCFL wires spliced into the parking light circuit. It is possible in later versions that they added a connector for the marker light socket as 'Stealth' referred to. Don't know about now. I had a pair of these retro ed with projectors and they came apart inside due to the weight of the projectors. Not a very well constructed light on the inside back then, like I said, possibly they are making them different now...good luck and keep us posted

Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by sam1947
With all due respect to 'Stealth', I purchased a pair of these same lights back in 08 and those had to have the CCFL wires spliced into the parking light circuit. It is possible in later versions that they added a connector for the marker light socket as 'Stealth' referred to. Don't know about now. I had a pair of these retro ed with projectors and they came apart inside due to the weight of the projectors. Not a very well constructed light on the inside back then, like I said, possibly they are making them different now...good luck and keep us posted
From your description, your version was definitely not the version I had. Yes maybe you had an earlier version. The version I had is the same as the lights in the linked ebay ad, but mine were black and not chrome. They required zero modification to work (as I've explained in different words lol). Mine were well constructed and as good a quality as stock Ford headlights IMO.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM
From your description, your version was definitely not the version I had. Yes maybe you had an earlier version. The version I had is the same as the lights in the linked ebay ad, but mine were black and not chrome. They required zero modification to work (as I've explained in different words lol). Mine were well constructed and as good a quality as stock Ford headlights IMO.
Yea, the ones I had was black, like yours and exactly like the linked ones on ebay. The adjustment stand-off's inside for the reflector bowl were pencil thin...wouldn't hold the weight of a projector without jiggling all the time. It would be nice to know for sure they are better than the ones I had..I really liked the style of them.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by sam1947
Yea, the ones I had was black, like yours and exactly like the linked ones on ebay. The adjustment stand-off's inside for the reflector bowl were pencil thin...wouldn't hold the weight of a projector without jiggling all the time. It would be nice to know for sure they are better than the ones I had..I really liked the style of them.
Yes they are unique lights, not many of them around. I just grew tired of them (and my hella led tails) and sold them and put my HD stuff back on.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Yes they are unique lights, not many of them around. I just grew tired of them (and my hella led tails) and sold them and put my HD stuff back on.
That's what I liked about them..the uniqueness of them. Just wound up retrofitting a standard black housing with FX-R's and that's what I am running now..guess we hijacked the poor guy's thread enough already..have a good evening 'Stealth'.....

Quick Reply: CCFL Halo Headlight