How would this HID setup look for a 2007 F150 FX4

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're starting to pull people around here for it, they're getting a nice $80 dollar fix it ticket for it too.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chris302001
lol @ customs or the border patrol giving 2 ****s about your headlights... You're correct about projectors, but come on...
Read moar, post less.

Originally Posted by International Trade News
CBP Targeting Illegal Imports of Noncompliant Auto Headlamps
U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported recently that its Import Safety Commercial Targeting and Analysis Center is on the lookout for illegal imports of noncompliant high intensity discharge conversion kits, light sources and ballasts. HID conversion kits are custom light sources and ballasts manufactured to be installed into headlamps that were not designed to use them. When these kits are installed, they pose potential glare hazards to other roadway users.

CBP states that since receiving a commercial allegation in December 2010 it has identified hundreds of shipments for examination at various ports of entry, including Los Angeles, Anchorage, Cleveland, San Juan, Miami, Detroit, Champlain, Orlando and Seattle. Most recently, CBP officers at the port of Newark seized Sept. 12 a shipment of 10,740 imported HID conversion kits from China valued at approximately $570,000 following a determination that the equipment failed to meet Department of Transportation requirements that headlamp replaceable light sources be marked with the light source type, the light source manufacturer's name or trademark, and the DOT symbol indicating certification of compliance with governing regulations. Other DOT compliance issues exist as well.

Since October 2009, CBP has seized more than 400,000 HID conversion kits and components for violating DOT regulations. A significant portion of those shipments arrived via air cargo or express mail from numerous southeast Asian countries.

Last edited by Raptor05121; 02-01-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by mch0146
some people hate it.
Like oncoming traffic!

Originally Posted by mch0146
some people like it.
Like people driving the trucks!

I don't even bother giving people 15000 lumens of high beam anymore, they just don't get it.
I think I'm going to start. It's getting crazy. Welding trucks with PNP in heads with their *** sagging. like come on.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Around here the rednecks get those "leveling" kits for their Chebbys. And by leveling, I mean it lifts the front end 2-3" past the back and and looks R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D. One of them has HIDs and I pass him every night with all of my lights on full blast. Everyone in my town knows about "the guy with the White F-150 with stupid bright HIDs" or something like that. I think its cute.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Around here the rednecks get those "leveling" kits for their Chebbys. And by leveling, I mean it lifts the front end 2-3" past the back and and looks R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D. One of them has HIDs and I pass him every night with all of my lights on full blast. Everyone in my town knows about "the guy with the White F-150 with stupid bright HIDs" or something like that. I think its cute.
Same deal here, guys have lift kits that stick the front higher and don't adjust their headlight down. Then they put in 10k HIDs. This is why I love having quad high beams.

Quick Reply: How would this HID setup look for a 2007 F150 FX4