AC is Leaking inside Passenger Floor

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC is Leaking inside Passenger Floor

Water is all over the passenger side of the truck. It only happens when the AC is on and I can't figure out where it is comming from. Anyone have any ideas?

I took the platic off and the pulled the drain holes so the water could drain. That is how much water has been leaking. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

James P.

Old 09-09-2002, 09:24 PM
there is a little drain hole on the fire wall. just above the right hand o2 sensor. it will stick out about an inch. that needs to be free. mud can get in there if you go mudding. leaves. if you park by a big ol tree that dumps on you. its hard to see. but you can throught the fender well just behind the rf tire. or the plastic case it broken. have seen things brake the a/c case. like tool box flying around on floor. or something like that. look under glove box. look at that case make sure no damage. start there. good luck
its normal for alot of condensation to come out of the a/c.

Old 09-21-2002, 01:44 AM
Thanks, I will check it out Saturday.

Regards,

James P.

Old 09-22-2002, 11:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine's doing the same thing, and I was about to start a new post. I didn't suspect a thing until I pulled the floor mats out to replace them. The underside of the passengers' side mat was wet. I couldn't find where it was coming from, ie:wetness leading down to the floor area. Just the floor carpet itself was wet. It didn't smell like coolant, so I knew it had something to do with the a/c condensation. I think I'm going to replace the carpet after this winter, might as well let it get worse during the dirty months. I have noticed the a/c water drains from my truck whenever it is running, not just when the a/c is on either. I am going to unclog the drain today if I have time.,,,,,98

Thanks for the location of the outlet, Wino!!!!

Old 11-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Unhappy a/c leaking

well did any of you find the answer for a/c leaking on passenger floor? cause my 05 supercrew is doing the same thing! dealer had it 2 weeks and still didn't fix the problem. anyone out there able to help?

Old 11-10-2005, 10:14 AM
My 04 FX4 is having the same problem. Passenger floor is all wet and it has a bad smell of mold. Going to the dealer on Saturday.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:13 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
For those of you with the 04+ F's do you have the sun roof? If yes I would have the dealer check their drains.

JMC

Last edited by JMC; 11-10-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:52 PM
i have a 05 f150 supercrew. no sun roof or any thing that could leak from above. it is the black plastic cover under the glove box on passenger side of the truck. you can watch water drip off of it when the a/c is running. the dealer checked the drain hose said it was fine. then had my truck for 2 weeks working a seal that they thought was the problem. but it still leaks. i am so frustrated with the mold smell and the wet floor that i am thinking about trading. anyone have any thoughts?

Old 11-23-2005, 12:44 PM
This will be my second trip to the dealer this Friday 11/25/05 for this problem.
The services guy tells me it’s an all day job to rip the dash apart to try to find this leak. The guy also tells me if they can’t get the smell out of the rug they will replace it. The truck will never be the same after this . That Titan is looking better all the time.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
New carpet and you're complaining? Maybe you should buy a Titan? I have had my seats out twice, and the truck is still the same, well better since the drivers side is power now Mine stopped leaking after the drain was cleaned out, you could try it. It's right above the cat on the lower right firewall.,,,,98

Old 11-23-2005, 02:12 PM
My truck has a little over 8000 miles on it so far the rear has been replaced, the gas cap door replaced, the starter replaced and now this.

Quick Reply: AC is Leaking inside Passenger Floor