No Temp. Control

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2000, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No Temp. Control

'97 F-150 Lariat, 4.6L

Does the temperature control work with
vacuum, electric or a combination of the two maybe? I,d appreciate any info. No control now. Did have hot or cold, but nothing now.
Don't want to have to pay the Ford dealer a couple hundred if it's something I can fix myself. Thanks!

Old 04-26-2000, 01:06 AM
I didn't notice your post before, its now 5 days old, don't know if you need the info any more.
But if you do, all functions are vacuum operated, EXCEPT the Blend door Hot through Cold control. It is electric. The temp control **** turns a potentiometer, 3 wires go from it to the Blend Door Actuator. The actuator also has a ground, and a +12 volt coming through fuse #5 , a 15 amp fuse, in the dash fuses.

Old 04-28-2000, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the reply Grandpa, I'm going to check it out tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find.

Old 04-29-2000, 08:06 PM
The blend door actuator is bad! Thanks
again for the help Granpa.

Old 01-09-2002, 12:17 AM
Does anyone happen to have any pictures or instructions on how to get to the blend door actuator. I am having trouble with my heat being intermittent. If I turn the temp up and down a few times or turn the system to off and then on, sometimes I can make it work.

Also - what is the procedure for testing the actuator to make sure it is not the panel control.

Thanks!

97 F-150

Last edited by whatdayathink; 01-09-2002 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:23 PM
To test the blend door, you can try to run a wire down the pass-side center duct and see if you feel the blend door hit it as you move the dial back and forth.

I think the blend door actuator is located on the firewall side of the HVAC. It's a medium thin white box (could be black) held on by 2 screws.

I'll ask my contacts about it's exact location and try to get back with you asap

Old 01-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Thanks - that would be great. I actually put my head down by the floor on the passenger side and could hear the door operate. When I went to cold it sounded ok, but when I turned it to hot it sounded like it has having some type of problem and it did not sound "quite right".

I would like to replace this myself and feel technically competent to do it, I just need to figure out where it is so I am not fishing all day...

Thanks!

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2002, 07:06 PM
Exclamation

"The blend door actuator is located in the center of the car on the bottom of the HVAC case. It is just above the hump in the floor pan."

IIRC, you can pull out the pretty-panel (the big plastic thing in front of the floor ducts), then you need to pull out the accelerometer (2 bolts, box on the floor) and you should be able to access the actuator (tight squeeze)

Quick Reply: No Temp. Control