Harley-Davidson

2007 Harley SuperCrew w/ Saleen supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WaxDaddyUk
01Roush,

No problems as far as I was told or can see from the engine pictures.

It seems to be two conrods and two pistons along with the hole in the cylinder and then block.

As for why it happened, the garage couldnt give me any more idea than the pictures tell.

Kev
So what was the final verdict Wax?

Dennis

Old 05-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Dennis,

Well, officially it seems it was down to incorrect crankshaft end play (from Ford assembly). This caused the engine to shake itself apart but this is hard to confirm as the engine was in pieces so all subjective.

New engine is in now but still not running right.

no DTC's and I can only drive at 2000rpm. If I accelerate higher than this, the engine detonates and shakes badly.

Had the Ford IDS on it and everything looks fine.

Next step is to pull the cats and see if this is the problem.

Apparently Saleen have built 1800 Saleen / Harley trucks and had issues with the drivers side cat on 400 of them. Its something to do with the build of them. |When they go, they seem to through up similar problems as I am having.
Also when the engine let go, oil and water got into the exhaust system then sat there for 2 months while waiting for the new engine. So with the oil/water mix sitting in the cats I dont think that helped matters...

Yesterday, I took her for a short run and two eror codes came up

P2272 and P0060 so will find out what they are.

Anyone got any ideas then I am all ears....

Kev

Old 05-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Ok....after finding out the DTC's were O2 senosr codes, i got the garage to cut out the cats and open them up.

The passenger one had collapsed completely and was well and truely blocked...

They emptied out both cats and welded them back up and installed them again and the truck runs fine now. Even if a little louder

So hopefully this has solved the problem and I can start enjoying the truck I bought back in Dec '07 but have only driven for 2 weeks in total.

Kev

Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 PM
07 Harley Saleen

I hae had my 07 Harley F-150 for 16 months. The dealer called me to trade in my 06 F-250 w/6.0 Powerstroke. When I first drove the truck, I was absolutely amazed how powerful it was. It's not my primary vehicle, I drive another daily, and when it's dry and nice out, I take out my Harley. I bought the truck in October of 07, and tree days after picking it up I drover 900 miles to and from Baltimore (From New York).

Over this past weekend I got to drive my truck and to this day, almost 11,000 miles later, I get behind the wheel and it impresses me. I would like to remove the top end limit off the computer, and maybe more HP is better (). I hear that doing ANY mofications will void the warranty. BUT.... we wll look to push the envelope. I am interested in a little more, without going nuts. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.

As far as performance, I have the 07 with Saleen package, no traction control, 2 wheel drive. i admit that some days, the truck has more power than others, but always plenty, and usually more good days than not so good.

I have broken traction, and seen smoke, I bought the truck, becuase sitting still, it's still fast.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Are the 08's any better?

My local dealer has an 08 HD sitting on their showroom floor. It has the copper color option with the Saleen supercharger option and they're asking $52k for it. Were the 08's any better than the 07's? Ford charges $6500 for this option and it doesn't produce? Then some say spend another $1700.00 to make it go, but it will probably void your warranty! I think P.T. Barnum was right!

Old 01-11-2009, 10:21 AM
New Tune? HELP!

Has ANYONE have knowledge of a good tune for my 07 HD Saleen?
The 5.4 SC engine really needs some serious help!
I have a SCT 3 but no one has any info on a tune program I can buy.
Help!
Thanks!
schuvwj

Old 01-22-2009, 11:43 PM
HP has nothing to do with squeaking tires. It's all about torque and how torque is controlled. This is basic physics.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Jeffola
I bought the truck, becuase sitting still, it's still fast.
"Fast" is a relative term, whats fast to one might be ho-hum to another. I've had Mustangs with as much as 600hp, on truck will likely ever feel "fast" to me..... All that really matters is that you are happy with the power level.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:23 PM
JDM or Johnny lightning performance can hook you up. Trust no others.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Forged internals?

Does anyone here know if the saleen supercharged HD has the forged internals? I am ready to take the truck to JDM and want to get as much boost as I can. Just dont want to over do it and blow the motor apart.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Forgot to mention it was an 07

Old 02-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Does anyone here know if the saleen supercharged HD has the forged internals? I am ready to take the truck to JDM and want to get as much boost as I can. Just dont want to over do it and blow the motor apart.
tbarnes, not sure if the S/C has forged internals but I don't think you have to worry about blowing up your engine.

I was at JDM yesterday and they have a sale on the Saleen S/C kit for around $5700. Troyer has a sale also for Roush S/C for around $4750. I'm in the process of deciding if I'm going to keep my FX4 after the lease is over, and if I do I might just get the S/C from Troyer. Just food for thought.

Last edited by ramnj; 02-01-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Smile Upgraded the thing and smile

Trust me!!!! The upgrade of a S/C pulley, cold air intake, exhaust upgrade and a tune for the 5.4 with the Saleen will put a smile on your face. TOTALLY DIFFERENT TRUCK. Ford has detuned these things where they don't have to replace them. If you wait till the warranty is out it will be a long disappointing time before you see what this this truck is capable of. It is amazing how a 4 door truck of this size can get up and go. Chances are that if the mtr. blows you are going to have trouble getting it fixed by Ford since you have the Supercharge to begin with. You can always put the thing back stock. You see the cold air intakes on many of the new Fords sitting a the dealerships so the only thing is the pulley change and tune you would have to reinstall. The sad thing is to have to spend up to $2000.00 after buying a 450 HP truck to make it run. $$$ well spent. These trucks when upgraded make a true sleeper. But remember that this is not a drag racer. With the mentioned above changes you can see as much as 400 RWHP and around 450ft. lbs. of torque plus a big smile.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Smile Upgrade the thing and smile

Trust me!!!! The upgrade of a S/C pulley, cold air intake, exhaust upgrade and a tune for the 5.4 with the Saleen will put a smile on your face. TOTALLY DIFFERENT TRUCK. Ford has detuned these things where they don't have to replace them. If you wait till the warranty is out it will be a long disappointing time before you see what this this truck is capable of. It is amazing how a 4 door truck of this size
can get up and go. Chances are that if the mtr. blows you are going to have trouble getting it fixed by Ford since you have the Supercharge to begin with. You can always put the thing back stock. You see the cold air intakes on many of the new Fords sitting a the dealerships so the only thing is the pulley change and tune you would have to reinstall. The sad thing is to have to spend up to $2000.00 after buying a 450 HP truck to make it run. $$$ well spent. These trucks when upgraded make a true sleeper. But remember that this is not a drag racer. With the mentioned above changes you can see as much as 400 RWHP and around 450ft. lbs. of torque plus a big smile.

Last edited by BACKIN BLACK; 02-21-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Angry Dyno Pull

Hey, Im' just like you very disappointed with the poewr output. I bought the same truck brand new. Had some issues around 50K miles with skipping and severe power loss. So I cleaned the air filter, changed the fuel filter and cleaned the mass air flow senser and throttle body. Not fixed. So I brought it to the dealer because I'm covered under warrenty until 75K miles. First the dealer replaced a valve body in the transmission they claimed was sticking. Didnt fix the problem. Then the dealer found that both cats had failed. They replaced them and problem was still not fixed. Then the dealer said they couldnt proceed any further until they performed a tune up and fuel injection service and that was going to cost me $650. I was convinced that wasnt the issue at now 60K miles, I shouldnt be due for a tune up for another 40K miles. But of course the skipping went away and I had to pay. Still unhappy with the power I took it to a dyno to see what I was getting at the wheel. It pulled 292 max horsepower with 366 max torque. Has anyone else seen these numbers? If I'm supposed to have 450 hp at the crank, that is some serious drive train loss. Truck is completely stock.

Last edited by Brandon Nadeau; 06-13-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: 2007 Harley SuperCrew w/ Saleen supercharger