SOCAL F150 Fords and Friends Rally

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2000, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking SOCAL F150 Fords and Friends Rally

The SOCAL F150 Rally at the Beach was a success with 13 trucks in attendance. A great day and great weather! Thanks to big.mike and loser1 for getting it all set up, and thanks to all of the group members who showed up.
It's time to think about the June rally. This run will be on Sunday, June 11 to Ramona, CA (northeast of San Diego) for the 13th Annual Fords and Friends Picnic hosted by Pick-Ups Unlimited of San Diego. The picnic will be held at Dos Picos Park starting at 9 a.m. Since the Pick-Ups Unlimited Club is made up of 1953-1956 half-ton, short-bed Ford pickups, we thought it might be fun for the SOCAL F150 group to lend support for our "older" brothers and their picnic. Directions and a map will be provided a little later, as well as a meeting place for those who would like to caravan to the picnic. For those who would like to enter the competition, there will be a trophy awarded for 1979 and later vehicles. Talks with the Pick-Ups Unlimited president have indicated that pickup groups from Los Angeles and Riverside will be in attendance.

Let's show the "old" folks what the newer Ford trucks are like and have even more F-150s at the Rally in Ramona!

Larry in Escondido

------------------
2000 F-150 5.4L XLT Flareside Supercab 4x4 w/ORP and almost everything else! Killer Island Blue color
Craftec soft tonneau cover, billet antenna, Stull grille, Flowmaster 50 cat-back exhaust, a new 2000 5.4L no piston slap motor, and not much else YET!
Lot's of good ideas, though.

Old 05-11-2000, 02:11 AM
franks&beans
Cool

Susan and I will be there. Looking forward to seeing all the old timer F-series trucks. Hey Red2000SVT, are you bringing more of your home-made brew? ;-) That was some great tasting beer, it went down nice and smooth, especially w/ that homemade cheese cake, interesting combo. Will be bringing more of that too.
This next rally, my truck will be supporting a few more modifications. Can't say what they are, you will just have to wait and see. We are anxious to meet new SOCAL members as well as seeing the friendly familiar faces of past rallies. See you all there.

F&B's

------------------
98 F-150 XLT, SC, SWB, 2WD, Pac. Grn., 4.2L auto, 4.10 gears w/ LS, Tow Pkg., BFG AT's 265/75/16, K&N air filter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, Superchip, Edelbrock shocks, Hellwig rear sway bar, 3" body lift, signal mirrors, ...tons of cosmetic products

Old 05-11-2000, 11:44 AM
Cool

Hi guys!! Had a blast at the Doheny State Park Rally!! Couldn't have asked for a better weather, nice and sunny with the cool beach breeze blowin!! Nice turn out for our group, had some sharp LIGHTNING's and luv that F150 crewcab!! Franks and Beans nice hood!! Everytime i see you guys you have more killer mods on your trucks. Big Mike & Loser1, hey thanks for settin it up and fronting the funds!! My only regret was having to leave at 3 pm, i could have stayed there till it closed!! Count me in on June 11 for Ramona, are we going to meet somewhere and caravan as a group?? Just let me know and i'll punch it in on the Nav system (Boy i love this toy!!!). I agree Larry, i think us FORD newbees can show our older bro's that we also can trick and hop up our new generation F150's!!!

So come on fella's lets have a big turnout at this June Rally!!

------------------
97 F-150: 5.4 with Jet chip for engine & tranny,Jet intake system, Jardine catback, Momo Vantage rims (18 x 8.5) on BFG 295 x 45 x ZR 18's, 2/4" drop via Eibach suspension, Cord Design flares, Stull billet grille, Boston Acoustics Pro Series speakers (subs,mids,tweets), Crossfire dual amplifiers (700 watts), Alpine 1005 head unit/monitor, Alpine Navigational System, Alpine Digital Signal Processor with Eq controls, Alpine 6 disc changer, *******'s hard toneau cover w/ marine bedliner, 9007 headlight bulbs, white face gauges, magnesium alloy sport pedals.

Future mods: Kenne Bell Supercharger,Superchip, HID headlight system, 4.10 rear gears

Old 05-14-2000, 10:48 PM
Cool

I'm definetly going to make this one. I missed the beach run but had to work.Count me in for the ramona run it's going to be great to check out the older trucks,and see the list members again.

Regards
Nick M.
California Cruiser

Old 05-31-2000, 08:19 PM
Arrow

Directions to Dos Picos Park in Ramona

From San Diego: Take 8W to 67N, this will go down to a single lane and 55mph at Lakeside. Stay on this road for approx 11 miles. Look for the sign for Dos Picos Park, right turn just before the rodeo grounds. This is right after a sweeping right hand curve. If you get to the stop light at Highland Valley Road/Dye Road, you missed it. Once you make the turn, follow the signs to the park.

From Escondido: Take 78E to Ramona and turn right on Main Street. Follow this until it leaves town. Just past the Highland Valley Road/Dye Road stoplight is a left turn to Dos Picos Park right at the right sweeping curve. Follow the signs to the park.

From Poway: Take Poway Road or Scripps Poway Parkway to 67N. Follow signs to Ramona. Look for the sign for Dos Picos Park, right turn just before the rodeo grounds. This is right after a sweeping right hand curve. If you get to the stop light at Highland Valley Road/Dye Road, you missed it. Once you make the turn, follow the signs to the park.

I am in the show so I will be there real early. Lots of shade, bring your sunscreen, drinks, food, kids, toys and whatever else you want as usual. Expect it to be hot. Its been in the 90's most of this past week here.

------------------
*Red 2000 SVT Lightning
*Leer Lo-Rider Bed Cover
*PSP Filter
*PSP Chip
*Adopted 3/29/00
-Silver 1998 Mustang GT Convertible 4 point Autopower roll bar and a bazillian other handling/engine mods.....

[This message has been edited by Red2000SVT (edited 05-31-2000).]

Old 06-01-2000, 01:36 PM
Hey, I think I can make that one. Whats all the details on it?

Bones

------------------
2000 F-150, XLT, 4X2, Ext. Cab, S/B, 4.6L, 3.55 L/S, Tow Package, Sony CDX-C7050X Head Unit, 6.5' Sony Three Way Speakers In Each Door. Hopefully An Amp And 12' Sub Soon.

Future Mods: NONE, I'm broke.

Old 06-02-2000, 03:25 AM
Bones:

Glad to have you join us if you can make it. There will probably be about 7-8 of us "new F150 folks" at the picnic. The picnic is put on by Pickups Unlimited of San Diego, an organization of 1953-1956 short-bed pickups. We think it will be fun for the new Ford trucks to lend support for the old Ford trucks. Directions to the picnic are in Red200SVT's post above. Hope to see you there!

Larry in Escondido

------------------
2000 F-150 5.4L XLT Flareside Supercab 4x4 w/ORP and almost everything else! Killer Island Blue color
Craftec soft tonneau cover, billet antenna, Stull grille, Flowmaster 50 cat-back exhaust, a new 2000 5.4L no piston slap motor, and not much else YET!

Old 06-02-2000, 03:27 AM
Oops! Make that Red2000SVT's post. Sorry, Kevin!

Old 06-04-2000, 05:54 AM
Wink

Hey guys how's it goin?
I will try to make it to the show but it's kinda up to the Wife (her birthday is on the 11th) but I'll probably be there because she likes the get togethers we've been doin with the club.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond but if you notice my updated signature I've been kinda busy lately.

Later...Bigmike

------------------
97 F150, 2wd, Light mocha, Supercab, Tinted windows, Piaa's, 4.2/auto. 4” drop in the front and 5” in the rear. Pioneer head unit w/steering wheel remote, Alpine amp, a custom box (what a pain) with a 10” Kicker pro comp sub.

Old 06-04-2000, 04:48 PM
Talking

Hey bigmike, good to hear from you! Bring the family and we'll celebrate the wife's birthday at the picnic. Hadn't heard from you in so long, I thought you might have decided to go on Loser1's honeymoon with them ;-{ O

It's going to be hot in Ramona next weekend, so bring lots of liquid refreshment. Hopefully we'll have red2000svt's homebrew, franks&beans cheescake, and Mrs. TT's lumpia and other scrumptious goodies, plus whatever anyone else brings. Should be fun.

Got Blu Shamu in the shop (been there since last Wednesday). I say the tranny's slipping, they don't agree. Plus, I'm getting the back window moulding replaced (it's warped), and having them fix an exhaust rattle (the mechanic who changed out my motor didn't put some exhaust pipe clamps back in). Don;t ever have any work done by Citrus Motors in Ontario, CA. Maybe I'll have it back this Wednesday. I sure hope so; I'm going thru withdrawal.

Larry in Escondido

------------------

Old 06-10-2000, 03:33 AM
Cool

Hope to see all of the SOCAL F150 folks that can make it to the 13th Annual Fords and Friends Picnic in Ramona, CA. Should be lots of fun. See ya'll there!

------------------
2000 F-150 5.4L XLT Flareside Supercab 4x4 w/ORP and almost everything else! Killer Island Blue color.
Craftec soft tonneau cover, billet antenna, Stull grille, Flowmaster 50 cat-back exhaust, a new 2000 5.4L no piston slap motor.

Old 06-12-2000, 03:46 AM
Talking

Hey y'all--that was fun, Melanie and I had a great time. Here's a page at BlooDog.com that I put together with all of the pix I took. What an awesome day it was today... it was great finally meeting you all!
http://bloodog.com/ramona.asp

--Duke

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat, 4x2, 4.6L automatic Supercab, Styleside, Blue with gold two-tone, 3.55 slip axle, class III towing package, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, leather interior, in dash CD, Ford/Duraliner bedliner, Ford chrome nerf bars, Ford bug deflector, Steel Horse billet grille, Leer tonneau cover, Superchip, Airaid, Billet door sills & antennae, Gibson split rear exit with 3" slash tips, chrome differential cover, lighted tailgate logo, 18" chrome SVT Lightning wheels, SmarTire kit.

Old 06-13-2000, 01:30 AM
Cool

I posted Darin's pix as well... check these all out!
http://bloodog.com/ramona2.asp

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat, 4x2, 4.6L automatic Supercab, Styleside, Blue with gold two-tone, 3.55 slip axle, class III towing package, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, leather interior, in dash CD, Ford/Duraliner bedliner, Ford chrome nerf bars, Steel Horse billet grille, Leer tonneau cover, Superchip, Airaid, Billet door sills & antennae, Gibson split rear exit with 3" slash tips, chrome differential cover, lighted tailgate logo, 18" chrome SVT Lightning wheels, SmarTire kit.

Old 06-13-2000, 03:15 AM
franks&beans
Cool

Thanks Chris for uploading the pix. Finally some pixs of my rig, Can't miss it, it's the one w/ all the lights and painted F-150 logo. Hey Mudder! we have to get some pics of our rigs during the TX heat Wave.

------------------
1998 (50th anniversary series) Solid Pacific Green Metallic F-150 XLT Supercab, 6' bed, 2WD, 4.2L automatic (4R70W), Limited Slip and Tow Pkg., Rear slider

Accessories added:

Performance:
Superchip / 4.10 gears / K&N air filter / Outerwear’s pre-filter / Dynomax Super Turbo muffler

Suspension:
Edelbrock IAS shocks / Hellwig rear sway bar

Other "stuff":
Color keyed outer grill / Stull polished grills / (4) 3A Racing 55 watt driving lights / (2) **** Cepek 150 watt driving lights, all controlled by SPDT switches / Fiberglass hood / Signal mirrors / Driver side grab handle / Husky floor liners / Carr side steps / 3" rear seat lift / Black Max soft Tonneau cover / 3" body lift / Chrome differential cover / Smart Park 2000 / Lighted Ford logo / (2) KC HiLight 55 watt back-up lights / OEM fender flares / Lift lips / BFG AT's 265/75/16 tires / Viper 550 alarm (remote start) / Custom painted OEM air dam, tailgate handle, F-150 emblems, slotted taillight covers, all plastic shields under the hood, and stone guards / 23 tooth speed-O gear.......

Contact me at;
lmaox10@hotmail.com

Old 06-14-2000, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone!

Looks like you all had a great time at the rally! Duke Ive been to your site many times,great job and nice truck bud. The rally pics turned out great..everyones truck looks super! This is the 3rd rally ive missed,regretfully,due to my work schedule. I work Sundays AND i work nights so Im not exactly a 'morning person'. My 12 hour shifts leave sleep pattern altering to a minimum...Im missing a days sleep right now just so i could get my truck into ORW this morning to finally get it lifted. Hopefully one of these days a rally will fall on a Sat afternoon/evening so i can get a chance to meet you all. Ill have a new 7" lift with 35" tires on Friday so i wont be the "stock" guy in the group anymore (HA! Darin..no more pickin on me). Maybe ill mount some aircraft landing lights on my front bumper and completely ruin his fun..heh heh Anyways just wanted to say Hi to everyone and Im sure we'll meet one of these time.

Take care,
Jason
DS

------------------
2000 F150 XLT SC 4x2, 5.4L auto, 3.55 LS, Med Toreador solid, Med Graphite int,pwr everything except seat, CD player...*Current Mods=Stull grill,tinted windows,keyless entry/alarm,PIAA superwhites*

*** In the Works - Rancho 4" lift,3" bodylift, BFG AT-ko 35x12.50's,16x10" American Racing Baja's,Rancho RS9000's,Hellwig swaybar,pre-runner bumper w/4 100w's,custom 3" cat-back w/40series Flowmaster,4.56 gears,Flip-chip,Black nerf's,Fosgate amp/JL subs/MB Quart seperates***

Im such an ***...

[This message has been edited by DirtSlinger (edited 06-14-2000).]

Quick Reply: SOCAL F150 Fords and Friends Rally