Stupid things people do to their cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid things people do to their cars

What is the ugliest thing that someone has done to their car or truck that you have ever seen?

I was going down the road over the weekend and saw the worst truck that I have ever seen. I dont know if the person made the truck a dually or it was originally a dually. It was an older Chevy S/C. The made a low rider out of it. It was probably less than 6 inches off the ground, but man was it ugly. What the purpose of doing this is far beyond me. Anyone else see stuff like this? I can understand lowering a small truck, but a dually? That is just plain stupid.

Old 12-11-2002, 03:55 PM
I am ashamed to admit this but .... When I was 16 and got my first GTO I went out and purchased a big red pontiac decal the size of the rear window for it.... anyways, I eventually got sick of it ripped it off.

I just hang out at Maryland International Raceway and watch some of the cars that roll in to race. Jebus there is some ugly cars!

Old 12-11-2002, 03:59 PM
theres a guy at my school with a silver ZX3 Focus and it has a dark grey body kit which looks like crap and a bike rack on the back

Old 12-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Saw an F150 with one of those Fart Can 'ricer' mufflers coming out the back! It was at least 6" dia at the tip and even had the muffler attached to it...... LMAO at that one.

Other things that get me laughing or just shake my head are decals plastered all over the rear window, especially the pi$$ing Calvin ones placed on a POS vehicle to begin with.

Old 12-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Here are two of my favorites locally:

1) Taurus SL with dual exhaust and fart cans on each of them

2) A Ford LTD, approx 74-75, 4 doors has been painted rust gold, 2 large horns welded to the roof, sheet metal welded to the rear to give it the "fin" look, bright red teeth on the grill and 666 painted on both sides. Here the kicker, the owner lives 2 doors down from the Bishop!

Old 12-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Being from small town American in mid-Missouri, i have seen my share of "interesting" vehicles.

1) Local Dominos delievery car--76 Caddy. Faded red with a white top and rusty around the edges. Nice set of bull horns bolted to the front, wide-view mirrors used on trucks to view trailers with with rope wrapped around the drives side, and 2 large 18-whlr. horns bolted to the roof blasting Dixie melodies. I looove that car!

2) A late 70's, faded green and tan Dodge 3/4 ton. This truck is so rusted you can see completely through the bed. Holes are about the size of bowling *****. I dont know how but its got a red Ford tailgate with hubcaps from the late 70's chevy's and a big GMC emblem wired to the grill. Its a sight!

Thats just a couple vehicles off the top of my head. I could go on for a while....

Old 12-11-2002, 07:08 PM
saw a Gran Prix GT with dual fart cans comin out the back with an IMPORT HATERZ rear window banner

Old 12-11-2002, 07:29 PM
saw this red chevy P/U...

with ,now get this, 4 exhaust tips on each side,those cab mounted grab handles on the hood,4 of them,the running lights not only on the front edge of the cab top but down the sides and across the back and a wing off the back tail gate....god I wi
sh had my camera that day...it was parked at the corner wal-mart,the owner may work there so I'll check it out and see if I can get some pics

Old 12-11-2002, 07:34 PM
there is a riced-out 92 cutlass ciera SL around here, LMAO at this, if u wanna see more go to www.angelfire.com/extreme4/tecr I promise you'll be

Old 12-11-2002, 07:56 PM
I had a '73 LTD that was a washed out red(almost pink). I got the spray can and painted it up like the Bluesmobile(black body, white doors and roof). I paid $75 for it, stuck a 3 inch dual exhaust on it, and wasted a few GM's off the road.
I bought it as a pizza delivery car. Got a lot of comments about it(not to mention tips!)

A buddy of mine in high school had a 64 Fairlane. He put a CB, musical horn, and glitter stickers on it. It had a 3spd 6 banger in it, but it was low mileage and good shape for a 16 yr old car, especially in Wisconsin.

Old 12-11-2002, 09:17 PM
People that buy a new car or truck with payments then have 4 months worth of trash inside of it when the car is like 5 months old.

I just don't get that one...

Old 12-11-2002, 09:31 PM

First the sticker , then the angry dent .

Old 12-11-2002, 10:30 PM
seen a guy around town with an older model camper shell on a new lightning!!! and to make matters worse..... the worst bumper sticker in the world.. drummmmm rolll.....

#24 JEFF GORDON!!!!!

Old 12-12-2002, 08:35 AM
I still don't understand the practice of putting more money into crappy mods than the car is worth!

Up the street at a trailer park there is this guy with a bright metallic green suzuki/geo 2 door little thing that has a bright white vinyl top, bright, bright gold wire spoke wheels that stick out 3-4 inches past the body of the car! man is it ugly!

I also don't understand people who pile up so much junk on their dash and then drive around with the windshield fogged up!

And of course I will never ever understand giant 2-3 level wings on the back of front wheel drive cars!!

I could go on forever on this topic!

Old 12-12-2002, 10:02 AM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Beanie baby collections in the rear deck of ANY car.

More often than not said driver is a GPC-smoking, buffet-loving, mullet-laiden, cow driving 42 in a 55 headed towards a Wal Mart grand opening.

Quick Reply: Stupid things people do to their cars