Screwed by Walker Ford (xpost)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screwed by Walker Ford (xpost)

What can I do? Help!

I went to Walker Ford(727-507-8513) and bought a 2002 Black S/C HD on December 18, 2001. I put a $1,000 deposit on the vehicle which had been ordered on Novemeber 27, 2001.

Early January I called Ford to get information on my Build Date and they told me the dealer should have given me all the information about my truck, such as an order number they could used to find it's build information. All I had received was a receipt for my $1,000, they had put all my paperwork in a file(which I saw, it had an order date of 11/27/2001.

To make a long story short. I went to my Dealer on January 13, 2002 to get my info and they told me that Mr. Walker wanted my truck and that they had to order me a new one. So my build date has been pushed back considerably. I won't be getting the truck I bought, nor will I get it by the end of February as promised.

I told them it wasn't right but they insist that the owner is going to get my truck. Isn't a deposit a contract! If you agree that this is wrong will you support me and call Ken Osbourne (727-507-8513) and politely tell him the Lightning community shares my concern.

Shane Hamilton
St. Petersburg, FL 33703

Old 01-15-2002, 11:29 AM
attorneys

Most law firms will give you a free consultation usually 30 minutes to make inquiries about your concerns. This way they can also drum up business for themselves. Laws can be different in each state so you need to inquire with someone who knows.

good luck

Old 01-15-2002, 01:59 PM
First, let me thank everyone for their suggestions it has really helped. The dealer is currently feeding all kinds of lies. They kinda got trapped in their own web of deceit.

I have put a complaint into the BBB and Ford Corporate. I have requested a meeting with Mr. Walker and I think I'm going to get it. If you guys send me an email with your support, I'll take it into the meeting with me and use it to help support my cause.

My email address shanehamilton@email.com

Shane Hamilton
St. Petersburg, FL

Old 01-15-2002, 04:28 PM
Just to let everyone know. I had nothing against my salesperson Ken Osbourne. He was a very patient and I do mean patient person. I also had dealings with Greig Larsen. He called me about 10 minutes ago and agreed to allow me to have the truck I ordered. Apparently there was some miscommunication and Frank Walker agreed to let it go. Again I want to reiterate that Ken and Greig were great people to deal with and I truely believe the Greig went to bat for me to get the truck.

Thanks for your support, this is truely a great resource.

Shane Hamilton
St. Petersburg

Old 01-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Glad your getting the truck. It would not be fair for this walker guy to get it.

Old 01-16-2002, 01:20 AM
Glad to hear the good news. Let us see some pics of your baby when she arrives.

Old 01-17-2002, 10:18 AM
I received a call from Bill Hudz(sp?) today at Walker Ford. Frank Walker wanted to know where I posted so they could read what I wrote. He should be showing up shortly. Give him a big thumbs up for me. :-)

Shane Hamilton
St. Petersburg, FL

Old 01-17-2002, 10:45 AM
glad you got YOUR truck.

Mr. Walker if you do read this i would like to know where you stand, and what started the "confussion"

Old 01-17-2002, 06:32 PM
I'm glad the situation was worked out.

The internet, and more specifically sites like F150 Online, are powerful new tools for the consumer. We have more access to more information, and can share our experiences with others. I think that we can be better informed of how things "should go", and also of our rights.

There have been a couple of times that there was an issue with posts regarding dissatisfied customers. I think it is important for retailers, and all businesses dealing with the public, to know that this is a resource. We need resources to protect ourselves.

Sites like this show our dedication to a company, and their product. We speak very highly of Ford, especially the trucks. When we are wronged though, we will bring that to the table also.

I wish more people representing Ford would read message boards. There is a lot of information here that could help improve customer relations.

Tom

Last edited by wittom; 01-17-2002 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:01 PM
I had something similar back in 1988, ordered a f 250 hd 4x4 lariat, two tone grey, yaba, yaba,.. even got estimated delivery date, took much longer than initally proposed, to this day my gut says they sold it.

Old 01-17-2002, 08:01 PM
There was no miscommunication.

I can see a business requesting that, you the customer, take a discount to wait for another vehicle because a VIP wants the one you ordered in much the same way airlines deal with overbookings. The airlines will offer incentives for passengers to give up their seats. Your dealer should have offered you some kind of incentive to wait for another order.

What the dealer did was just plain nasty and poor business practice. I hope they fall all over themselves apologizing to you.

Old 01-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Or maybe they researched and found a simular case where the son of a dealership took a deposit on a vehical not even released to the public yet. The price was in writing, and was reasonable. But when the media started talking about the car before the release, it drove the price up from about $40k to $68k, and it was found that only select dealers were going to get a limited number of them. For some dealers, including this one, that number was 1, and the dealer no longer wanted to honor the contract.
The owner tried saying they had no intentions of selling this car because he wanted it for himself. The dealer tried their best to harrass him, and even sent the amount of the deposit back. They had already cashed his check. The court upheld the contract, and the man had himself a brand new collector's item.

I am glad you are getting your truck. Dealers have ways and means to get vehicals, and taking the one you ordered, because they suddenly want it, is very childish.

Old 01-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Mr Walker wanted an F-150, can you blame him? J/k, I do remember someone writing a check for a Lightning, then it was sold the day before he went to pick it up. That kind of stuff will make you see red, LOL!!,,,,98

Old 01-19-2002, 09:15 AM
sounds like typical Florida to me. All of the dealerships on the south side of the Skyway are a bunch of buttheads, at least the service departments are. My salesmand has been great since day one. My service department can not confirm my stalling problem on my 01 Lariat. About one week ago I was leaving a restaurant in Douglasville, Ga. I had my wife, sister and father with me. The truck stalled as I pulled on to a busy 4 lane road. I thought the truck was actually fixed but I guess not. It was the only hiccup on that 1500 mile trip to Atlanta and back but it is enough.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. I almost bought a car from Walker Ford several years ago. they seemed ok. I just did not like the car, a Probe I think it was.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:09 PM
I ordered a Ford Edge Sport from Walker Ford for my wife two month ago with no problems at all. The car looks awesome!!! I even spoke with Mr. Walker himself, very nice guy. All of the staff is outstanding!! They made me feel welcome unlike most dealers. Ill alway buy my Fords from Walker Ford, new or used. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Screwed by Walker Ford (xpost)