DO NOT buy a FORD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 11:52 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Candace Aguilar
Do not purchase from Ford especially a vehicle with a sunroof or moonroof!

We purchased a 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat in which we have had recurring issues with the panoramic moon roof. The newest issue being that when we pushed the button to open the sunroof it opened partly and became jammed it was moving in a backward and forward motion and hit the frame which in turn scraped and cracked the glass. We took our vehicle in to the service department at Northside Ford (San Antonio) and it has been a nightmare ever since. Being that this is our only vehicle we had to get a rental car and were told it would be about 2 to 3 days. We were finally contacted today and told that they would only repair the track but not the glass. I was told that I would have to come out of pocket ($1100.00) for the glass. I feel that this is ridiculous when we pay for these warranties and the moonroofs consistently have this problem. And when we take in our vehicles to be serviced we are not taken care of but asked to pay out more money. I have now been told that I need to take my vehicle back to the pervious dealership that did the most recent adjustment because it is their fault and they need to fix it. Now not only are they refusing to fix the problem they have wasted my time and money (rental vehicle). The service with Ford is the worst I have ever experienced. I will NEVER purchase with them again and will tell everyone to never purchase a Ford. Their parts are defected and they do not care about their customers!

so have you tried another dealer?

not to bring common sense into the picture or anything that may offend you, but I'm curious

Old 08-13-2017, 09:04 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
While you are at it don't buy Mercedes Benz also, their sun roofs are know to have drains that plug up when you park them under trees for 3 years and then it leaks into the car and fries the Electronics and totals the vehicle.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:15 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Could alwaya trade it for a TuRD or Taco TuRD. I'm sure the Toyota dealer will give you a good deal! NOT!