DO NOT buy a FORD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford is the worst!

Do not purchase from Ford especially a vehicle with a sunroof or moonroof!

We purchased a 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat in which we have had recurring issues with the panoramic moon roof. The newest issue being that when we pushed the button to open the sunroof it opened partly and became jammed it was moving in a backward and forward motion and hit the frame which in turn scraped and cracked the glass. We took our vehicle in to the service department at Northside Ford (San Antonio) and it has been a nightmare ever since. Being that this is our only vehicle we had to get a rental car and were told it would be about 2 to 3 days. We were finally contacted today and told that they would only repair the track but not the glass. I was told that I would have to come out of pocket ($1100.00) for the glass. I feel that this is ridiculous when we pay for these warranties and the moonroofs consistently have this problem. And when we take in our vehicles to be serviced we are not taken care of but asked to pay out more money. I have now been told that I need to take my vehicle back to the pervious dealership that did the most recent adjustment because it is their fault and they need to fix it. Now not only are they refusing to fix the problem they have wasted my time and money (rental vehicle). The service with Ford is the worst I have ever experienced. I will NEVER purchase with them again and will tell everyone to never purchase a Ford. Their parts are defected and they do not care about their customers!

Old 07-12-2017, 03:15 PM
DO NOT buy a FORD!!!

Do not purchase from Ford especially a vehicle with a sunroof or moonroof!

We purchased a 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat in which we have had recurring issues with the panoramic moon roof. The newest issue being that when we pushed the button to open the sunroof it opened partly and became jammed it was moving in a backward and forward motion and hit the frame which in turn scraped and cracked the glass. We took our vehicle in to the service department at Northside Ford (San Antonio) and it has been a nightmare ever since. Being that this is our only vehicle we had to get a rental car and were told it would be about 2 to 3 days. We were finally contacted today and told that they would only repair the track but not the glass. I was told that I would have to come out of pocket ($1100.00) for the glass. I feel that this is ridiculous when we pay for these warranties and the moonroofs consistently have this problem. And when we take in our vehicles to be serviced we are not taken care of but asked to pay out more money. I have now been told that I need to take my vehicle back to the pervious dealership that did the most recent adjustment because it is their fault and they need to fix it. Now not only are they refusing to fix the problem they have wasted my time and money (rental vehicle). The service with Ford is the worst I have ever experienced. I will NEVER purchase with them again and will tell everyone to never purchase a Ford. Their parts are defected and they do not care about their customers!

Old 07-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
AND STAY OFF OF MY GRASS.......!!!!

Old 07-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Fine, i'll bite... This might not be the best place to post anti-Ford information like this... haha
Also, with the success that Ford has had, i tend to think most people may not have the same experience as you.
My Mercury Capri T-top, Thunderbird, other Capri and now my F150 have all been great vehicles!! Oddly enough, i'm a GM/Pontiac fan! lol

Old 07-12-2017, 03:58 PM
All I'm trying to do is educate people on this known problem before they go out and spend their hard earned money on a vehicle that has known problems. We were told the problem was corrected which was a lie. There are a lot of cases with this exact same problem and for Ford to refuse to fix a known mechanical issue for a vehicle that is still under warranty is just plain wrong. I'm glad you have not experienced these problems but, for a lot of others this is not the case. And others need to be aware!

Do not purchase from Ford especially a vehicle with a sunroof or moonroof

Originally Posted by richiemoe
Fine, i'll bite... This might not be the best place to post anti-Ford information like this... haha
Also, with the success that Ford has had, i tend to think most people may not have the same experience as you.
My Mercury Capri T-top, Thunderbird, other Capri and now my F150 have all been great vehicles!! Oddly enough, i'm a GM/Pontiac fan! lol

Old 07-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I have merged two of your threads where there were responses and have removed all others. Only one thread is allowed per subject.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
And to think Northside Ford in San Antonio is one of the best service friendly places in the area. Kinda makes me think there's more to this than what has been stated. Regardless, you have to know the "moonroof" has been an issue about leaking for the last 30 years. Why people still buy them is a mystery to me. Leaking, jamming, warping, cracking glass, is all part of the owner experience when buying a hole in the roof. Sorry you're having the issue but you're experiencing what most owners of moonroofs go thru. Ford is not the only brand with the issue. Ya oughta try a GM, now those are a wreck.
FWIW, you can have Northside fix the track under an extended warranty. You can get the glass replaced far cheaper at other glass companies in town. Your money, your truck, but you're not doing the research on what to do or buy.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
alot of the nicely optioned truck on dealer lots come with the sun roof. my 12 has it and i think i have opened it 5 times. no issues. it is to hot in Texas for a sun roof, for me.

I think we are not getting all the info on this. I have had nothing but positive warranty issues on my ford and gm products.

they have to be giving a reason for why they wont repair it. are they saying that you messed it up or cracked it?
did you buy it new or used? if used, did first owner have it repaired?
has the truck been in a wreck?

Old 07-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I suspect I'm just stupid, but I've had four vehicles now with moonroofs, two Honda Accords and two F150s. Haven't had a bit of trouble with any of them, but, like BROTHERDAVE, I don't open them too often. But, I like knowing I CAN open them if I want, and I appreciate the touch of luxury they add.

So, again like BROTHERDAVE, I suspect we're not getting ALL the story here.

- Jack

Old 07-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I prefer my roof to be all one piece, without a hole in it

Old 07-13-2017, 07:22 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Like I said, I'm probably just stupid.

- Jack

Old 07-14-2017, 12:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Patrick don't you need the moonroof to stick your head out of so you can see to drive?

Old 08-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
Patrick don't you need the moonroof to stick your head out of so you can see to drive?

Old 08-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I agree. In my experience, ANY kind of a hole in a roof is just looking for trouble. And that includes the power sliding rear windows, sun roofs, the roof mounted back up lights and XM radio antennas. Yes, I've had them and yes, mine usually didn't leak but I've seen plenty that did and it seems to be almost impossible to fix one once it jams, breaks, or leaks. Especially impossible for someone that isn't mechanically inclined and has to rely on a STEALERSHIP to fix the problem! These forums are FULL of complaints about all of these. I don't understand why anyone would buy a vehicle with any of these problematic "features".

My advice to the OP and everyone else is this:

If you can't fix it yourself, you probably SHOULDN'T buy that feature!

Old 08-12-2017, 03:14 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
If you can't fix it yourself, you probably SHOULDN'T buy that feature!
Isn't that a bit harsh? That would reduce a lot of people to walking and public transportation.........

Do YOU do 100% of ALL repairs on ALL your vehicles? If so, more power to you. Doesn't mean anyone else is capable.