Avatars? and Later, Hijacked to Food

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Couldn't tell you as I've never eaten there -- if I'm going to waste calories eating out it's not going to be for Mexican food! I just laugh every time I drive by and see the sign.....
What?! I freakin love Mexican food!

Old 11-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kmac0694
what?! I freakin love mexican food!
x2!

Old 11-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Third World Cuisine has never done much for me -- how many different ways can you serve spicy meat in a tortilla anyways.....???

If I'm going to jack-up the calories it's going to be for barbeque! Especially here in Texas, where you can hop in the truck and drive a few miles in just about any direction and find a little place that serves up some of the tastiest brisket you will find anywhere on the planet! Add a nice side of beans, some creamy coleslaw and an ice cold Lone Star and you are loving life......

Old 11-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Couldn't tell you as I've never eaten there -- if I'm going to waste calories eating out it's not going to be for Mexican food! I just laugh every time I drive by and see the sign.....
You would be screwed if you lived in San Angelo. 80 Percent of the Restaurants are Mexican food here.

Couple Steakhouse's and 3 bbq joints, Within the last couple months we have had 2 Indian Food Restaurants, 1 Thia(?) Restaurant that is called what the pho

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 11-22-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I love good BBQ but hard to beat good Mexican food. There is a place in Malakoff where I eat chicken fajitas every Wed night.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:31 PM

Third World Cuisine has never done much for me -- how many different ways can you serve spicy meat in a tortilla anyways.....???

If I'm going to jack-up the calories it's going to be for barbeque! Especially here in Texas, where you can hop in the truck and drive a few miles in just about any direction and find a little place that serves up some of the tastiest brisket you will find anywhere on the planet! Add a nice side of beans, some creamy coleslaw and an ice cold Lone Star and you are loving life......
I guess my "problem" is being 20 and the only limitation on what I eat is my bank account So many truck parts to buy . . . but eating is so, necessary . . .

Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
You would be screwed if you lived in San Angelo. 80 Percent of the Restaurants are Mexican food here.

Couple Steakhouse's and 3 bbq joints, Within the last couple months we have had 2 Indian Food Restaurants, 1 Thia(?) Restaurant that is called what the pho
Thai, but close enough haha.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694

Thai, but close enough haha.
If i cant spell it I'm not eating it!!

Old 11-22-2014, 10:45 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
KRC, is there still a steakhouse on the far westside of Angelo called Pinkies? I dated a gal from there years ago. She was a Linda Evans twin. The girl was a traffic stopper. That was her favorite place. They had an item that was not on the menu called Scraps. It was the tenderloin cut from T-Bones. We went home with more than we could eat and it was fabulous.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
KRC, is there still a steakhouse on the far westside of Angelo called Pinkies? I dated a gal from there years ago. She was a Linda Evans twin. The girl was a traffic stopper. That was her favorite place. They had an item that was not on the menu called Scraps. It was the tenderloin cut from T-Bones. We went home with more than we could eat and it was fabulous.
Pinkies is a local chain of Liquor Store's around here. We have Twin Mountain Steak House, Zentner's Daughter and Western Sky.. All 3 have been here for numerous years.

Bet you are thinking of Twin Mountain since Pinkies is next door.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Global Moderator &

Went to Zentners a couple of times when I was in college in Abilene. That was 50 years ago. They brought out piles of steak on platters. It was good stuff.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Went to Zentners a couple of times when I was in college in Abilene. That was 50 years ago. They brought out piles of steak on platters. It was good stuff.
Yea, we had a Zentner's and Zentner's Daughter for a long while. The old man passed away and they closed his business and kept Zentner's Daughter open.

Both places had the best onion ring's ive ever had!

Old 11-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the general discussion, where the original topic is made up and the posts don't matter

Old 11-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Global Moderator &

Yea, we had a Zentner's and Zentner's Daughter for a long while. The old man passed away and they closed his business and kept Zentner's Daughter open. Both places had the best onion ring's ive ever had!
I had forgotten about the onion rings. Yep, awesome.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:26 AM

If i cant spell it I'm not eating it!!
Oh no! A Thai place in Sugar Land called Thai Cottage, which I believe is a chain, is awesome. It's pretty much Chinese food for all I can tell.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121

Welcome to the general discussion, where the original topic is made up and the posts don't matter
No sweat, Alex - I'll change the title!

- Jack

Quick Reply: Avatars? and Later, Hijacked to Food