I'm so pissed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And just how did the OP know the criminal worked at the Mercedes dealership?

Because the criminal used his employment to enhance his credibility. "You can trust me, I'm a mechanic at xxxx Mercedes. This Ford is top notch!"

The criminal brought his employer into the situation. Too friggin' bad for the felon that the OP pursued the lead and the criminal had some consequences.

Yea, it's a tough job climate out there. That's why you don't jeopardize your job by dragging your employer into your felonious behaviour. If he gets fired, he brought it on himself. Time to stop blaming the victim, IMO.

Ever consider that this criminal does this all the time, and usually gets away with it?

If crooks only have to pay back the victim with no other consequences whenever they get caught, there is going to be a LOT more crime against all of us.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
And just how did the OP know the criminal worked at the Mercedes dealership?

Because the criminal used his employment to enhance his credibility. "You can trust me, I'm a mechanic at xxxx Mercedes. This Ford is top notch!"

The criminal brought his employer into the situation. Too friggin' bad for the felon that the OP pursued the lead and the criminal had some consequences.
Those are all assumptions you've made which may or may not be true. Could have been the two were just chewing the fat like many people do. Often what you do for a living comes up. Regardless, it's not like he used the Mercedes dealership to certify the Ford truck or anything.

Yea, it's a tough job climate out there. That's why you don't jeopardize your job by dragging your employer into your felonious behaviour. If he gets fired, he brought it on himself. Time to stop blaming the victim, IMO.

Ever consider that this criminal does this all the time, and usually gets away with it?

If crooks only have to pay back the victim with no other consequences whenever they get caught, there is going to be a LOT more crime against all of us.
That's why you file a police report and let the cops do their job.

Now let me paint you a story... The OP gets his money back as agreed since the truck has odometer fraud and the seller gets fired because the OP told the sellers boss about his "felonious behavior" outside the work environment. At this point the seller can probably put two and two together even if the OP doesn't tell him directly. Now you've got a guy who's out of work. If he's lucky he can get another job and move on, but the way things are right now, lets say he can't. Instead he falls on harder and harder times, all the while in the back of his mind he's steaming over that jackhole who came in and "tattled" on him to his boss. He also knows where the OP lives, as the seller probably has the OP's address for Title purposes, or he could probably get it from the OP's PayPal account. Now when the seller is broke, pissed and drunk he decides to pay the OP a little visit to extract some payback on this fella who "ruined" his life.

All could have been avoided by just reporting the crime and letting the cops do their job. No need to get involved with the sellers personal life. If the seller is convicted of a Felony, do you really think his employer won't find out? Especially if it's related to automobile fraud? I know if I get arrested/convicted of anything, I'd better be the one to tell my employer because if they find out from someone else first.... I'm sure I'd be gone.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 04-26-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:34 PM
IMO the OP should refrain from beating himself up because he failed to get a Carfax and because he has already been in contact with the criminal's employer. That's water under the bridge at this point.

Absolutely, the OP should be cautious and protect himself against the felon making another lapse in judgement.

He should also do what he can to get his money back, as the wheels of justice grind slowly. There is no guarantee the criminal will even be charged, much less sentenced.

However, if the felon wants to take a look at the man who ruined his life, he should look in the mirror. Hopefully he is smart enough to realize, in the eyes of the law, he'll be digging himself a deeper hole if he visits his victim to get 'payback.'

Old 04-26-2011, 01:26 PM
However, if the felon wants to take a look at the man who ruined his life, he should look in the mirror. Hopefully he is smart enough to realize, in the eyes of the law, he'll be digging himself a deeper hole if he visits his victim to get 'payback.'
I agree 100%, but then again the seller wasn't smart enough to get away with odometer fraud, so I wouldn't be making any assumptions based on the his intelligence.

People like that are always looking to blame their problems/situations on someone besides themselves.

- NCSU

Old 04-26-2011, 07:24 PM
I wish I could of been buy a computer today to give you guys some feedback on what you all have been saying.

As for the guy whos was selling me the truck, he did use his work to play up the truck. He sold it to me in there parking lot. he also brought me inside and had a guy at mercadese print up a carfax which they screwed with to show me. I guess I should of went home and payed for it myself. ( but that was my mistake) He told me that he bought it from mercedese and also showed me a check up that they did to the car from his work. Everything looked legit to me. Now I guess you can always find something that the buyer did wrong like you guys are but its to late now.

Now when you say don't do what I did abpout going to his work because if he got fired he can come after me. So does that mean that he cant come after me if I tell the proper authorities? You know the answer to that.

as of now he told me that by the end of the week he will have all of the money back to me. So I'm waiting, then after that I'm going to bring all of the paperwork on what has happen to the proper authorities.

Heres another thing!!!!!!!!!!! When I picked up the truck from the parking lot of the mercedese dealer he had his new truck there which was a 07 f 350 with 24 rims on it. (very nice) WELL guess what I found on craigslist?????? That truck!! This guy is amazing. He told me yesterday that he found out not to long ago that his girlfriend is pregnant. And what do you think the article says.

Well I just going to wait the week out and see if he pays me the rest of the money and like you guys said let the proper authority take over. ( I probably said this already)

Old 04-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Hit em with a lead pipe!
LOL jk, at least you caught it before the sale was final!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:35 PM
definitly. 10 years ago with my hot temper I would of hit him. At least I'm not that stupid now. I work to hard for what I have

Old 04-26-2011, 08:54 PM
If he is using his employers computers, service bays, equipment and location to sell you that truck you definately need to tell the owner what his employee is doing at his business.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 PM
I tried the other day and the sales manager walked away and said he didn't sell the truck that I had to deal with the person and walked away. I didn't want to flipout so I left. The only thing I said was you might want to ask the service dept whats going on in there because of what happen and told him the guys name but it seemed like he didn't care.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by flflatrate
... he also brought me inside and had a guy at mercadese print up a carfax which they screwed with to show me.
That changes everything right there. Do you still have that original carfax showing 42k miles? Do you have anything now that shows the 142k miles? If so, take both to the police.

Now when you say don't do what I did abpout going to his work because if he got fired he can come after me. So does that mean that he cant come after me if I tell the proper authorities? You know the answer to that.
Maybe, maybe not. If he's flipping cars/trucks as quick as you make it seem, could have been anyone that turned him in. Besides, if the cops do anything about it, it'll take them a few weeks to get their case together if this is an ongoing thing.

- NCSU

Old 04-26-2011, 09:06 PM
I tried the other day and the sales manager walked away and said he didn't sell the truck that I had to deal with the person and walked away. I didn't want to flipout so I left. The only thing I said was you might want to ask the service dept whats going on in there because of what happen and told him the guys name but it seemed like he didn't care.
wow that guy sounds stuck up, do what dirtbike dave says!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
maybe the manager is involved?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:27 PM
don't know what to think I'll, decide at end of the week and hopefully I have the money. The worst is I have rims out being powdercoated and I bought a supercharger for it. I guess they will be for whatever I get next. Hopefully

Old 04-26-2011, 09:40 PM
don't know what to think I'll, decide at end of the week and hopefully I have the money. The worst is I have rims out being powdercoated and I bought a supercharger for it. I guess they will be for whatever I get next. Hopefully
youll find a nice one dont worry!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 PM
I tried the other day and the sales manager....
F the sales manager, he is nobody. You need to make an appointment with the owner.

Quick Reply: I'm so pissed!!!!!