I'm so pissed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm so pissed!!!!!

Hey everyone. I purchased a 2007 FX4 with 46k on it about a month ago. I've been waiting on the title for sometime now. The guy just texted me saying that there was a problem with the title that it showed not 46k but 146K!!! and that it was a misprint and I just needed to tell DMV what happened to fix it. I think the guy thought I was stupid! So when I first got it from him he told me he got it from a certain dealer, So when this happen I went to the dealer and asked about the truck. And they showed me the carfax and all of the pictures showing it had 146K on it. I haven't told him that I went to the dealer and aslo after that I went to his job which is a mercades dealer and talked to the sales manager which didn't want to hear about his technician was changing miles on cars and reselling them. As of now I told him that I didn't want the truck and he is as I type putting money into my paypal account for the amount I gave for a down payment.

Is there anything else I can do? After I get all of my money back I'm going to tell hime that I talked to his boss, but what about him screwing with the miles? I'm so pissed I want him in trouble.

And by the way anyone selling a f150 4x4 4 door like 07-08? I'm looking again.

Last edited by Bluejay; 04-25-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: You can ease up on the language.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Suspended
i'd better put my odometer back together! i am working on getting it back to all 0's

seriously, i'd be pissed as hell. i'd contact the correct police and let them know whats up.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
That a crappy deal, Ive heard of this happening here at some local dealer and someone found out one night and things did not go well for that sales person. It was put on the news and there was a whole lot of people mad. I would contact someone and let them know so that he doesnt try a rip someone off again.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
just trying to find who the rite person to call.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Call your local tv news station

Old 04-25-2011, 09:45 PM
http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/usedcar.html#9

Check out the section on odometer fraud.

In the state of Florida, contact the police or the DMV.

Sounds like the perp has been caught red-handed. BTW, odometer fraud is a FELONY. http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/html/warnings/odometer.html

Last edited by dirt bike dave; 04-25-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:17 PM
thanks dave thats perfect. and fordx4 I'll look into that tomorrow. I just want to wait until I get my money back. He transfered 5800 into paypal so far and says that he can't d all at once since they won't let him. we will see how the week goes. By the way truck is in my driveway on jackstands until I get the money.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by flflatrate
By the way truck is in my driveway on jackstands until I get the money.
he's a mechanic do you really think he doesn't have a floor jack? i would put it in the garage or block it in with another vehicle if you are worried about him coming and getting it.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 PM
it has no tires on it and computer is out. only way hes getting it is by a flatbed.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 AM
He wasn't selling the truck though the dealership he worked at was he?

Man, if he's giving you your money back simply report it to the police and move on. No need to go talking to his boss, family, priest, etc and make yourself a new enemy.

I know if my boss fired me because somebody came by to talk to him about something completely unrelated to my job, I'd be out for blood.

- NCSU

Old 04-26-2011, 08:52 AM
I guess victims are funny that way - they get pissed off and tell people you shafted them.

If the dude had not been rolling back odometers, I guess he wouldn't have to worry about losing his job. I"m having a hard time blaming the victim for trying to track the dude down and venting when he found out he was being screwed.

BTW, if one of your employees was comitting felonies and jeopardizing your reputation and business, wouldn't you like to know?

Last edited by dirt bike dave; 04-26-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
I guess victims are funny that way - they get pissed off and tell people you shafted them.

If the dude had not been rolling back odometers, I guess he wouldn't have to worry about losing his job. I"m having a hard time blaming the victim for trying to track the dude down and venting when he found out he was being screwed.

BTW, if one of your employees was comitting felonies and jeopardizing your reputation and business, wouldn't you like to know?
I guess the OP didn't bother to get a carfax or do the appropriate research before buying the truck otherwise this is something that could have been caught from the start. Regardless, from the OP's description it sounds like this was a private party sale, directly between the OP and this guy who happens to work at a Mercedes dealership, yet another reason why I would assume this wasn't a sale done at a dealership.

If the seller rolled back the odometer in his garage, how does that have anything to do with his performance at work. Is it shady, of course, that's why you report it to the police. No need to mess with a man's livelihood out of spite, especially these days.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 04-26-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i have a 03 if your interested in buying. It only has 19,000 miles on it.

Oops i meant 119,000 .

Seriously though if you get all the money back just report it and go on about your bussiness. I think you went a little far talking to his boss

Old 04-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Old 04-26-2011, 11:05 AM
If it were I, I would immediately call my local authority and file a proper report. That way you have the necessary paper work in the event you need to take him to court; the law would be on your side by then.

But I strongly agree with Steve, don't make this a circus cause at the end you'd probably be the one who will end up getting hurt. I'd urge you to make a conscious decision to refrain from anger and to leave unsaid the harsh and hurtful things you may be tempted to do or say. If you desire to have the proper outcome off of this situation, then you must choose to refrain from becoming angry. Always keep in mind that anger doesn’t solve anything but can destroy everything you hope for.

Don't get mad, get even. Your situation is a great opportunity to gain the knowledge on how to deal with crooks but before you act you must first think things through. Know that this situation isn't going to be the only one in your entire life. For which reason you must train yourself on how to deal with these kinds of people in the future. Good luck and hope this person gets what he deserves for attempting to hurt his fellow man.

Last edited by OGTerror; 04-26-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Quick Reply: I'm so pissed!!!!!