O i l

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
O i l

the price of oil is up over 100 bucks a barrel.

the price of gas is going up every day.

the middle east is falling apart which will drive the price even higher.

where is the outrage with obama? if this was bush he would be bashed by every news source.

it appears obama has done nothing. is this part of his vision of destroying america? has he been to involved with seeing to it that the mos can get married?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What is O supposed to do?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ONELOWF
Nothing.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Nothing is the best thing he can do. Everything he touches goes to turd. If we had someone who could actually lead then he/she could do something, but this is what we have and he is about as useful as a football in a baseball game.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 AM
I remember when gas topped $3 a gallon when Bush was prez. The media was outraged, Dems were calling for investigations, it was all the republicans fault, you know the usual.... What do we have now that Obama is prez? Crickets. Move along, nothing to see here...

Old 02-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by harleydude78
I remember when gas topped $3 a gallon when Bush was prez. The media was outraged, Dems were calling for investigations, it was all the republicans fault, you know the usual.... What do we have now that Obama is prez? Crickets. Move along, nothing to see here...
Bush increased the Strategic Petroleum Reserves, thereby speculating that was the cause of increased prices in a depressed/ non glut market. Bush and Cheney were blamed for it in some circles.

Obama refuses to look at drilling in our domestic reserve areas, thereby prompting speculation that is the cause for increased pricing now.

What I'd like to know is:

When Bush was Pres. and increase the SPR stuff, petroleum jumped to over 140 per barrel on the world market because of the shortage, yet gas prices barely topped 3 dollar range for us.
Obama is Pres., he denies domestic reserve drilling, several thing "flare" up in the middle east and petroleum jumps to close to 100 dollars a barrel. Gas prices go well over 3 dollars a gallon with 4 in sight within the next month.

Why is that?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
its obvious obama is one ball less world leader. still, why the free pass from the media? why no outrage from the public?

Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Obama's problem is that he spends too much time trying to figure out how he can "move to the middle" on most topics without infuriating the "lunatic fringe" of the Democrat party! It would be refreshing if the guy would just grow some "nads" a be leader for a change!

This guy is so far in over his head it's unbelievable........

Old 02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Obama's problem is that he spends too much time trying to figure out how he can "move to the middle" on most topics without infuriating the "lunatic fringe" of the Democrat party! It would be refreshing if the guy would just grow some "nads" a be leader for a change!

This guy is so far in over his head it's unbelievable........
So anyone that moves to the middle in thought is "nad-less"?

I take it you've never heard of the concept of compromise, mediation, etc.

Let me guess, there are a few bad Republicans, but NO good Democrats!

Old 02-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The turmoil in the ME is the reason why we should be sourcing our own energy.

If that were the case, it wouldn't matter to us what happens over there and no American blood would ever be on the line.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by serotta
So anyone that moves to the middle in thought is "nad-less"?

I take it you've never heard of the concept of compromise, mediation, etc.

Let me guess, there are a few bad Republicans, but NO good Democrats!
No, compromise is good in many circumstances -- but going along with it is the reality that you are almost always going to tick someone off. Obama wastes so much time attempting to appease the "kooks" in his party that it makes him come across as a weak and indecisive leader.

He should take the unrest that's occurring right now and use it as a "stick" to spur development of oil resources here in the US -- rescinding the drilling moratorium NOW would be a good place to start. (The far left tree huggers in Obama's base would self-combust upon hearing the news and immediately nominate Ralph Nader as the Democratic candidate for President in 2012!) It would put folks in the Gulf area back to work, create jobs in a plethora of industries that support the oil industry, and would send a signal to the oil markets in general that increased production in the US could offset any shortages created by the unease in the Mideast.

I sense that Obama is in all-out drive to sustain his political career at this point, meaning that we'll likely see very little leadership out of him over the next two years. We'll get a bunch of flowery speeches that basically say nothing, which will then be promoted as "brilliance" by his underlings in the mainstream media. There's simply too much risk that a wrong move with a bold initiative would hurt his chances for re-election.....

Last edited by ddellwo; 02-24-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
There are many factors involved in our fuel costs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqHL404zhcU

Old 02-24-2011, 12:52 PM
rising oil will put the brakes on the economy big time. hopefully one good thing will come of this, no second term for obama.

we should have started drilling here along time ago to the amount needed to sustain ourselves. and then raise the prices to almost unaffordable on food and medicine to the oil producers. see how long those regimes stay in power if their people are sick and hungry. we cant do that though, we need to send them money that we dont have to try and make them our friends. meanwhile we are borrowing the money and the majority in the country want to kill us.

obama has done nothing positive for this country in the 2 years. there is however an endless list of what he has screwed up.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Go to war. After all isn't that what everyone said Iraq was about? Oil?

Clearly it wasn't.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by serotta
...When Bush was Pres. and increase the SPR stuff, petroleum jumped to over 140 per barrel on the world market because of the shortage, yet gas prices barely topped 3 dollar range for us.
Obama is Pres., he denies domestic reserve drilling, several thing "flare" up in the middle east and petroleum jumps to close to 100 dollars a barrel. Gas prices go well over 3 dollars a gallon with 4 in sight within the next month.

Why is that?
Say what??? I know that in 2008 gas prices in Central Arkansas never quite hit $4/gal but they were every bit of $3.90/gal. Today they are $3.25/gal and climbing. I know prices here are typically lower than many other parts of the country.