End of times???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Labnerd
My first thoughts when I heard about the first birds was the military playing with their newest tool to settle the masses- a sonic cannon. It's a low frequency cannon that will knock you on yer backside. Supposedly they now have the capability to turn up the force enough to kill. The sonic cannons have already been used in Europe for crowd control. The Navy keeps LRADs aboard which is like a sonic cannon but not near the force. The Navy s version is just an irritant and will make you dizzy and confused. The new sonic cannons are also suppose to work in water. But we'll never know, will we?
I saw that on 60 minutes, looks like a pretty cool weapon.
If it can knock marines on their *** imagine what it could do to a bunch of birds and fish etc.

I wish I had one for when my in-laws came to visit.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lovetrucks
I think the hulks attacked the birds. Yeah, that's what I think. It was the hulks!

The Hulks!

Old 01-04-2011, 09:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What about the 'Brown Wave' weapon? Reading about that one reminds me of Habs dog eating the underwear story.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I wish I had one for when my in-laws came to visit.
Have you tried a good meal of beans salted well with garlic, cornbread, and buttermilk? I can assure you it will sour the grapes on yer Fruit of the Looms!

Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm quite an expert at that already, trust me!
I can peel the paint of the bathroom walls without even breaking a sweat.

** That story was funny Stealth because it was 100% true
Poor Mikey the underwear bandit, he's at the rainbow bridge now eating other people's fruit of the looms, lol

Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm going to watch The Core now

Old 01-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
I live about 10 miles as the Blackbird flies from where this happened. Blackbirds winter here by the millions. Everyday I see flocks that could easily number 10,000+ with well over 1,000 in a single tree. The loud bang/fireworks actually does seem plausible when you understand the weather that we had that day.

The day before the temps were in the mid to upper 70s but a cold front started to push through early that morning triggering massive thunderstorms. In fact there was a EF3 tornado in the North-Western part of the state that killed 4 people that morning. The birds could have been injured that morning in the severe weather, there was hail reported in several location across the state and more hail was in the clouds that never fell.

After the storms pushed through the temperatures dropped like a stone. When I went out for NYE ~6PM the temp was about 35 and dropping. A flock of injured, cold shocked birds will not take much to kill. There was a loud bang similar to an electrical transformer blowing in the area this happened just before the birds started dropping. Blackbirds can not see in the dark and roost with by thousands tightly clustered. A loud noise would wake them and set them to flight.

Now there are injured, cold-shocked, tightly packed, blind birds flying in a panic through trees. I do not doubt this could easily kill quite a few of the ones that were in the worst shape.

Before you try to connect the fish to the birds understand the fish died about 130 miles away and Blackbirds eat grain not fish.

Only one type of fish (drum) that died on the Arkansas River are considered part of this kill. It should be noted that most of the fish that died were in the 6-11 inch length which is small for this type of fish. The drum is a trash fish which can live in some pretty nasty water. There are species of fish that live in the same river which are much more sensitive to water quality which did not die; this seems to rule out pollutants. Other fish with a similar diet were not killed so a poisoned food source does not seem likely. There are diseases which only affect certain species of fish which could be a valid reason especially when the thermal shock and young age of the fish is taken into account.

www.afgc.com has more good information about this without the spin.
Now it is 10 miles from where the blackbird flew.

That is really similar to what I've heard. I didn't do any research so I'm just going by gossip on the birds. But sounds like the blackbirds can't see well at night and with an approaching cold front if they flew up they could have gotten chilled and stopped flying fast enough, then drop. A not so soft landing would cause a blunt force trauma...just look at the doves I got this weekend. A few of them were pretty well elevated when my 12 guage knocked them out of the sky and they were definitely bruised when I cleaned them. But yesterday I promply treated them with seasoning and wrapped them in bacon bandages. 8 survived to be leftovers.

As for the fish, I've never really delt with drum but if they are anything like the plecostomus (algae eating sucker fish that is commonly sold in pet stores) that are infesting the rivers down here then that issue makes sense. Plecos (in the wild over here) can survive in some nasty conditions. A friend of mine wrote her master's thesis on them and told me that she had heard plenty of stories of plecos that survived for hours in poisoned water that could kill other fish in seconds (because experimental animals have to be killed humanely by law), so they are rather tolerant of chemicals like your drum. Last year when there was a harsh cold front with a few inches of chilled, nearly frozen, rain I found dozens floating down the river. I even found a few carp, the last fish I'd expect to die! Next day when the temps dropped where I lived, my outside pleco suddenly died and my goldfish nearly went with it. I kept catching more and found that every time there was a rapid temperature change it would kill them faster than throwing them to a hungry raccoon...only took me 5 10 inch fish to finally figure it out. I see arkansas had a little cold front come through. If the shallows chilled fast enough, the drum could have died the same way. They were smaller fish that died right? Smaller fish usually stay in shallower water. There are other factors like the water table turning over and the large possiblity of disease but the shallows getting chilled is probably the deciding factor.

Originally Posted by TysonsLariat
The bird/fish kills are simply media phenomena. Next week, if Drudge wanted, he could report every seismic event around the world for that day and we would think that the world was falling apart. Or every carjacking and we would think that there was an epidemic. Or every avalanche and so on. When the news gets slow the media creates stories from normal events, that’s all there is to it.
So true.

Maybe we can reverse the cold effects with bowls of Habibi's chilli and a lighter. It sure wont be greenhouse gasses.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by radar's FX4
Maybe it was aliens...or Al Gore? lol

It was Manbearpig that killed the fish and birds!!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe it was aliens...or Al Gore? lol
Same thing.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by Pickup Man
Obama inherited this mess from Bush and he's doing what he can to try and fix it!
who inherited it from Clinton... and the cycle continues

Old 01-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Originally Posted by 06bluemeaniexl
who inherited it from Clinton... and the cycle continues
Fine then, it's George Washington's fault!

Old 01-05-2011, 09:00 AM
More birds falling from they sky. This time in Sweden, hmmm, must be the fireworks from Arkansas, right? Or some US military weapon? Seems to me like something bigger going on here. And yea, who ever mentioned that movie "The Core"... that's the same page I'm thinking on... but I also watch too many movies.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Old 01-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by K-Mac Attack
It was Manbearpig that killed the fish and birds!!!!
no, i don't think so. i think it is Obama's "health care" plan going to work!!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Habibi
Fine then, it's George Washington's fault!
No it was the Queen of Englands fault! If England wasn't so horrible back in the 1700s or whenever we would have never had to come to America

Quick Reply: End of times???