My Dog Died Today

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear, dude.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Habs I am sorry to hear you lost Mikey it's never easy losing a friend. I miss my dog to this day and he has been gone for 6 years.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So sorry man. My heart goes out to you and your family for your loss. I know exactly where your pain is coming from. Stay strong and know your furry buddy had a great life and is in a happy place!

Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Habs.....Sorry to hear of your loss....

Old 12-14-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry for your loss of your family member.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear about your pooch Mikey's passing, Habs.

If he is the one referred to in your underwear crotch eating story, he sure had a sense of humor we could all appreciate.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:24 PM
To each and every one of you (except screwyou)

I really am grateful for the kind words and condolences.
This thread got me thinking about one of Kobi's posts which he wrote not too long ago about how when you strip away a few layers from each of us (politcs, left, right, religions etc) we are all the same people deep down.

Sure we can bicker and go back and forth on various political forums etc but I look at somehting like this as in the Highlander movie.

Remember they're all trying to kill each other but when they meet in church it's sacred ground?

I'm happy that posts like this bring out the best in people, even though some of us don't agree on certain other issues that I am sure will will argue about for a very long time.

It's been a sad day for us here and your well wishes are appreciated more than you know.

Thanks
Habs

Old 12-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Man, those four legged critters can get into yer heart so quick and then it seems like they're gone. I lost my Lab this last Valentines Day and it's still tough to get in the truck and she isn't there. My gal was my best friend and constant companion. You're gonna miss Mikey a long time my friend. But you'll remember nothing but the good times. Not the time Mikey chewed yer shoe or decided the carpet was a nice potty spot. One of these days you'll get a new friend and the adventure will start over. Nope, it won't be the same but it'll be exciting anyway.

Just this side of Heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Sorry to hear about your pooch Mikey's passing, Habs.

If he is the one referred to in your underwear crotch eating story, he sure had a sense of humor we could all appreciate.
He was indeed the culprit Stealth. That darn dog has ruined more boxers than I can count. He would always break into the laundry room and do his damage, lol

I was looking through some older photos today and found one of when I brought a puppy home for my wife 5 years ago.

Now for you experienced dog owners, you'll know that bringing a new puppy into a house with adult dogs takes a bit of getting used to, and a few noses always get out of joint.

Look at the 2nd picture, Mikey is on the right, the puppy is on the floor, check out their faces....they are not happy with the new interloper, you can clearly see how mad they were

The sad part was that little puppy (Gracie) was Mikey's best friend, and when he died, she was snuggled right up beside him crying and licking his face, it was a sad moment.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Habibi
dude I swear you don't know when to quit because if you really think this is a time to be making jokes you should think again.

Just be glad you're down in your trailer park because if you were within arms reach of me you wouldnt have a tooth left in your stupid face right now. It's not a thread, it's not an insult, your just an inmature little punk that's in dire need of an attitude adjustment.
I'm a pet lover......so yes, I feel your loss. Here's some advise.....don't post personal things on the net.

BTW, I'm still waiting for my Christmas gift you promissed.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Sorry to hear Habs, I know how hard it is to lose a friend like that. You gave him a good life and you should be happy about that. Sounds like he had a great run.

- NCSU

Old 12-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear Habs......

Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Same here, - that's to bad.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:29 PM
my condolences. had to put one of our dogs down a month or two back. sucks.

Quick Reply: My Dog Died Today