MLB Player's Controversial Obama Comments

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
No, he got elected because he did what all Democrats do - promise all the deadbeats that he'll take care of them.
that too.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Where is that beating a dead horse smiley when I need it?

If the man were not American, he would not be President. Period.

Let it go- or, at least be truthful...

I think people don't think Santa Claus, or the President of the United States, should be anything other than what it has been historically. Come on, just say it... It'll make you feel better...

I'll help- just say the magic word...

I don't the the President of the United States should be anything other than a ________ man. Or, he should at least have the decency to be a _______ person.

(Same word in both blanks).

--------------------

Folks try to come up with all this BS of why he shouldn't be president, when in reality- he's doing no worse than Bush did, and Bush is the one who put us in all this mess.

I think the real reason is because of his skin color. Even if his name were Author Miller, and folks would still be thinking up BS reasons why he shouldn't be president.

Well, uh- he didn't go to an Ivy League school (He did)... That's why he shouldn't be president.

Well, uh- water doesn't wet his hair like it does mine. That's why he shouldn't be president.

Well, uh- he drinks his coffee with his left hand, rather than his right. That's why he shouldn't be president.

Just tell the truth. I mean, "Liberal" is the new "N" word anyway- at least around here it is. May as well go all the way.

-------------

Note: I will go on record of saying the Democrats (My people) are stupid to block the tax plan. While I agree rich people should be paying more (which I know, is frowned upon around here), I truly believe the Gubment should stop screwing the middle class (me). So, if the only way to save the masses (lower taxes, extended unemployment benefits) is to let a few big fish slip through the net, then let them go... For now.
Nobody cares if he is black. Black or white, do a good freakin' job, and most people won't ever have any issue with your race. Sure, there will always be racism, but being a black man has nothing to do with the stupid health care bill, the devaluation of our money, the reckless spending, the trying to let illegal aliens become citizens if they manage to stay 5 years and not get caught (oh, and give them in-state tuition rates that actual Americans can't even get at any university in the country they choose), and fail to provide proof that you were even born here. Even the man's Grandma said he was born in Kenya...He hasn't proved otherwise. Obama is black, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he sucks as President! Yeah, Bush was horrible, too, but he didn't just print more money to try and fix everything.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:17 PM
- Everything is Bushes fault

- Your all racist

/thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
- Everything is Bushes fault

- Your all racist

/thread
sarcasm or serious?....

There has been a US deficit for a LONG time, so it's not Bush's fault. Yeah he didn't help the situation any with some of his actions, but at the same time you can't please everybody at once.

Sure, coming off the run Clinton had, it was like apples and oranges, but there were still good aspects to his presidency.

I really want to know exactly how Obama would have dealt with 9-11 had he been in the office that day.

Last edited by dirtyd88; 12-10-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Total sarcasm, but I bet some people in this country actually think that unfortunately...

Old 12-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyd88
I really want to know exactly how Obama would have dealt with 9-11 had he been in the office that day.

He would have bowed to a Saudi prince and apologized for the 20 Saudis that died...

Old 12-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by harleydude78
Total sarcasm, but I bet some people in this country actually think that unfortunately...
Ok. Just making sure.

And your right, it is sad that some people believe that.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=237485 :

"Hawaii officials have confirmed that such documents have been made available to those not even born in the state. Obama's actual long-form birth certificate that would include a doctor's name and a hospital location, never has been released."

This fact is easily confirmed with a simple google search.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Isn't there a wiki leak cable to confirm this once and for all?

Old 12-10-2010, 07:12 PM
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...n_the_usa.html

"At full throttle, the accusations are explosive and unrelenting, the writers emboldened by the anonymity and reach of the Internet.

And you can't help but ask: How do you prove something to people who come to the facts believing, out of fear or hatred or maybe just partisanship, that they're being tricked?"

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...icate-part-ii/

Old 12-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Pickup Man
Nobody cares if he is black. Black or white, do a good freakin' job, and most people won't ever have any issue with your race. Sure, there will always be racism, but being a black man has nothing to do with the stupid health care bill, the devaluation of our money, the reckless spending, the trying to let illegal aliens become citizens if they manage to stay 5 years and not get caught (oh, and give them in-state tuition rates that actual Americans can't even get at any university in the country they choose), and fail to provide proof that you were even born here. Even the man's Grandma said he was born in Kenya...He hasn't proved otherwise. Obama is black, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he sucks as President! Yeah, Bush was horrible, too, but he didn't just print more money to try and fix everything.
Actually, I agree with a lot of that- I just wish I could believe a lot of the hate I hear, not just from you- but in general (TV, Internet, Radio, etc...)- was actually a result of job-performance, and not disdain because of what he is, more so that who he is.

I agree- I don't care if you're black, white, green, Martian, or whatever- if you're trying to do the right thing, even if it's painful, I'll support you.

Now, some of the stuff laid on Obama's doorstep, is not his doing. But, last I checked he was the president, not the Furor and not the Emperor. Whatever he wants to do, whether it is agreed upon or hated by the masses, has to be approved by the House and the Senate. So, anyone dumb enough to believe anything any Presidential candidate spews while he or she is running for President, is just like believing that used car salesman who tells you that used Mustang Cobra, was driven by a 70-year old grandma, and never went over 45 MPH.

Presidents are only effective when they have a house and senate that supports him. Even though he's had the benefit of a majority in both houses, he has never enjoyed widespread support even within the democratic party- and I believe there's a reason for that (comfortable distance). So, yes- Busta Rhymes could have probably been elected President after how badly Bush screwed the country up, and they had to prop McCain up to run against Obama.

People forget- he's been President for only 22 months. Sure Obama talked about change, but what sweeping change, have you ever seen, on a National level, that took place in less than 22 months- since World War II?I don't care if you're Bill Clinton, you can't clean up 96 months worth of effup, in 22 months... Not even Reagan could do that. It takes a unified Senate, it takes a Unified house, with the same political agenda as the President- and then you can see things get done. Since that few weeks after 9/11- I have not seen anything resembling unity in the USA- only divisiveness. We aren't going to get anywhere, until all (or at least the vast majority of) the oars are paddling in the same direction...

Old 12-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
That's a standard (weak) argument as well.

If a rich man makes $10,000,000.00 a year, and he has to pay 40% income tax. Big deal, he's still netting $6,000,000.00. He's not worried about his light bill, gas bill, water bill, car note, insurance costs, etc..

But, if you're making $50,000.00- and paying 23%- Now you have $38,000 to work with. If they raise your taxes by $2,200 a year (the way it's lining up right now)- that could potentially impact your livelihood. But, if you take another $450,000 from Poindexter making $10,000,000, he's still bringing $5,550,000.00 home. He's not eating sardines & crackers for dinner, that's for sure.

I'm not mad at rich people. I hope to be one, one day. But, I'm just saying, if you've got broader shoulders- you should be carrying a porportionally heavier load. I think that's what the President (who would also be impacted financially by these changes) is trying to do.

Heck, even with the Bush tax cuts, unemployment is at nearly historic levels. With the cuts in place, if rich folks create jobs, why aren't they hiring? It's corporations that hire the most people, but few will believe that.

I guarantee you more people work for Wal-Mart, than work for Larry's Fish & Tackle.
WRONG!!!!

http://economics.about.com/od/smallb...s_business.htm

Small businesses hire the majority of the people in this country.

Glad to know that if someone excels and makes a decent living people like yourself think they don't deserve to hang onto their money. If you want to make more money get an education and work hard. It's not a difficult concept. However, people in this country think that if you do that that those who do not are entitled to benefits on your dime. I've been on both sides of the spectrum both before I joined the military and didn't make crap and now post military where I make a decent living but get taxed to hell because I work my butt off. All so the idiot president can drive us further into debt by giving money away to those who can't earn it themselves??? Great...

I'm really sure Obama is worried about his income... please dude.

Plenty of people are dissatisfied with Obama. He's been the best recruiter for the republican party since Reagan... Stop making assumptions and look up some facts bro.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Suspended
Nice to know that we have racists like Bigherse onboard. Who's the racist...the Blacks who vote 95% for Obama or the Whites who voted 56% for McCain.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:54 PM
what a wonderful distraction!

pay no attention to what's going on on the other side of the curtian.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

It's easy really.................

Show an actual birth certificate.

It should be really easy...........I don't get it.

Quick Reply: MLB Player's Controversial Obama Comments