N. Korea/China vs S. Korea/U.S.A

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N. Korea/China vs S. Korea/U.S.A

What do you guys thinks gonna happen. It doesnt seem to be coolin down any. I read an article that said China was bother by this...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_koreas...china_analysis

It seems to be very one sided, for some reason i dont think china is trembling in their steps.

What do you guys think is going to happen?

Old 11-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I don't think anything is gonna happen. N Korea can't hardly feed it's people let alone maintain, keyword maintain, any army. You gotta change a lot of oil and parts to keep an army ready. N Korea just does not have the resources available to keep one going. I think they're a lot like the Russians, looks good at parades and on paper when the action starts, the tanks and other war machinery won't. For China, it would get rid of a liability. South Korea is already one their trading partners so for them it doesn't really matter financially. Maybe save some face but that's about it. I think the US and China both need to stay out of it and let the chips fall where they may.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
I think the US and China both need to stay out of it and let the chips fall where they may.
x2.

- NCSU

Old 11-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I say we do as we did at the beginning of WW1 and WW2- neutrality. Bring all our boys home, and concentrate on securing our borders and strengthen internal affairs

Old 11-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think it will happen, but I'll bet ya, there are some Chinese military people that would love to show us demo of their new missile

Old 11-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Well, I was stationed in South Korea for a year, and if the "S" hits the fan over there, we won't be able to "stay out of it". We've got 25,000+ men & women in uniform over there, many of which are looking right across the border at their North Korean counterpart.

Every year NK does something stupid, and it looks like the crap is gonna hit the fan, then things cool off. When I was there, a US Helicopter flew across the border and got shot down- our pilots captured. Right before Christmas. We all thought "this is it", but soon the pilot was returned, and nothing came of it.

Shelling that island with 200 artillery shells- that's no accident. That's a big-*** provocative move on NK's part. If we have to hit them, I say we hit them hard & fast. REAL HARD.

Just like Iraq's "Army" in 1990, they looked good on paper. But, I guarantee you, if they make a massive crossing of DMZ, they will get their asses kicked so hard, and so fast- they'll wish they never did. I'm confident of that.

If we don't BS with them, I think we (South Korea & US Military on hand) could kill more NK soldiers in the first hour of the war, than got killed in the entire Korean War of the 1950's. Trust me, they don't want to "F" with us, as much as they pretned they do...

Old 11-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Well, I was stationed in South Korea for a year, and if the "S" hits the fan over there, we won't be able to "stay out of it". We've got 25,000+ men & women in uniform over there, many of which are looking right across the border at their North Korean counterpart.

Every year NK does something stupid, and it looks like the crap is gonna hit the fan, then things cool off. When I was there, a US Helicopter flew across the border and got shot down- our pilots captured. Right before Christmas. We all thought "this is it", but soon the pilot was returned, and nothing came of it.

Shelling that island with 200 artillery shells- that's no accident. That's a big-*** provocative move on NK's part. If we have to hit them, I say we hit them hard & fast. REAL HARD.

Just like Iraq's "Army" in 1990, they looked good on paper. But, I guarantee you, if they make a massive crossing of DMZ, they will get their asses kicked so hard, and so fast- they'll wish they never did. I'm confident of that.

If we don't BS with them, I think we (South Korea & US Military on hand) could kill more NK soldiers in the first hour of the war, than got killed in the entire Korean War of the 1950's. Trust me, they don't want to "F" with us, as much as they pretned they do...
In the 80s or 90s we pulled about 25k out of there didn't we. 1st cav. if I remember right

Old 11-27-2010, 06:53 PM
The current administration will pay them off just like many before. All they want is money to feed their people since they have no economy and spend what little they can get on arms. They do this ever so often when they need money and eventually everyone pays them off.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by cphilip
The current administration will pay them off just like many before. All they want is money to feed their people since they have no economy and spend what little they can get on arms. They do this ever so often when they need money and eventually everyone pays them off.
I don't know what we need to do with NK. I thought Bush would have laid the smacketh down on them when they basically told us to go "F" ourselves, and built (and detonated) the nuclear device. Having NK as a nuclear power is definitely a concern. Just one nuke would devastate Seoul- that's why if we ever decide to hit them, we've got to put it on them real good, and in a manner from which they cannot recover to counter punch.

As for the withdrawal- I'm not sure. I left in 1995, so it could have happened. But, when I was over there- we were pretty deep. Lets just say after I got there, and found out what was between the DMZ and Pusan, I slept like a baby every night- within artillery range from North Korea's guns.

Between the South Korean Army (which is no punk), and what we have over there- NK will be (to borrow a quote from Money Train) licking their a__hole for a week, to get the taste out of their mouth" if they ever try to bite off a piece of us (US & SK). As long as China stays put, the war will be little more than a "skirmish".

China has a lot to lose by getting involved, and would be smarter to either a) Let nature take it's course or B) Invade North Korea themselves, and get their ***** under control. All the American money pouring into that country, and jobs generated by all the businesses going there, will dry up, and China's growth to be the World's next super power, will be permanently halted.

I see the U.S.S. George Washington is on station in the Yellow Sea now. I don't think that's enough to really do anything, but it is a sign that we aren't going to let NK or China, punk us. Every year NK gets mad when the US and SK does military exercises- calling the exercises "provacative" or "an act of war". This crap has been going on since the 1980's, and I'm sure, even before that- every since the "cease fire".

Old 11-28-2010, 04:35 AM
I think maybe it was the 80s, that we cut our forces there drastically.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Idk guys. with us having the USS George Washington in the yellow sea and China making threats like the one in the link below, i feel like its going to be a little more then NK and SK.

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...NYT03/11273000

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...ed-to-Evacuate

China is no joke. And did anyone consider they run our country? where would we be if we didnt have all the overseas made stuff. Now that i think about it, it sounds like we would be better off. Maybe higher prices, even then i doubt it. Idk guys, if it happens, im leaving for the marines.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gcart
if it happens, im leaving for the marines.
If you want to go, why wait, plenty of **** you can get into now. Plus if you sign on the dotted line for the Corps right now, you wouldn't leave for about 8-10 months. So keep that in mind. I freakin hope China get in it. Then I hope that obama grows a pair of ***** and says screw you and the money we owe you! Then Americans wise up, and start buying American again. Then a bunch of companies start up and put America back to work. Nothing better to spur the economy than a nice large scale war!

I'm sick of the NKs and Irans just starting **** all the time and nobody doing anything about it because they are afraid that China will get involved or Russia will get involved. Believe me if SK had shelled a NK exercise they have the ***** to mobilize. They might not get far, but they would.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Tactical nukes are ideal for this...

Old 11-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Nothing will come of this. Like it was stated earlier, NK does something like this almost every year. But I'll say this, if something does happen, you can bet China will support NK fully.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by cphilip
Tactical nukes are ideal for this...
But we would be right in the weather pattern for fallout