Sometimes We Need to Slow Down & Smell the Proverbial Flowers

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes We Need to Slow Down & Smell the Proverbial Flowers

Here's an interesting story I'd like to share as a reminder that sometimes our fast paced life can be too hectic and we need to sometimes slow down and appreciate the things around us.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in too big of a hurry to read all of that. BTW I used the quick reply button.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:10 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by SmokeyBear
I'm in too big of a hurry to read all of that. BTW I used the quick reply button.

In all seriousness though, that is crazy. We all do it. If I am alone sometimes, I look around and I find I look at things differently. One of the most common things we do is see something or someone and get used to it and don't pay attention to details that we once saw. I find if you stare at something and really look at it you see it like you did the first time. Kinda weird, but it makes sense to me lol.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Old 11-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Took me a minute to figure it out, but I guess you are saying that all those people in a hurry are Bible thumping conservatives.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanx for sharing that Habs......

Old 11-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Took me a minute to figure it out, but I guess you are saying that all those people in a hurry are Bible thumping conservatives.
Cmon buddy,

There is the occassional thread where we don't have to be at each other's throats, lol

This story reminds me of the one I heard about when Jimmy Page used to play his guitar in the subways in London incognito during the height of their fame and people would make comments "Yeah, you're pretty good, keep practicing"

Old 11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Suspended
Why complain.....he hauled in $32.17 for 43 minutes of work. Plus, tax free!!

Old 11-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Awesome story Habibi.

The questions raised: in a common place environment at an inappropriate hour, do we perceive beauty? Do we stop to appreciate it? Do we recognize talent in an unexpected context?
I try to not be in such a hurry that I can't stop and appreciate something beautiful. I did that one time and I still regret it to this day, I was flying from Cordova, Alaska to Anchorage, Alaska one evening. I was in a hurry so when people started coming into the airport talking about the northern lights being out and they were red, I blew it off. Later I found out that the red lights are relatively rare as far south as Cordova. All of the ones we'd seen before that, and after were mostly greens and blues. I truly regret not having taken the few minutes to walk outside and look up

Old 11-23-2010, 03:31 AM
Old 11-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't doubt his skill, however this type of music has no appeal to me.

would be interesting to try the same experiment with different music or a different time of day.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't doubt his skill, however this type of music has no appeal to me.

would be interesting to try the same experiment with different music or a different time of day.
That's a good point. I think if they tried this experiment at 5pm when people were going home, the result would've been better.

I know at that hour when I used to go to work how rushed I was, not fully awake, heck...you could put half the Dallas Cowgirl Cheerleaders there topless and I would've blown by them in my hurry to get my *** to work.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I hate to say it but some people are never fully aware of there surroundings and will never notice what is going on around them. But I think you are right if that was done at the end of the day they may have had different results to the experiment.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Habibi
That's a good point. I think if they tried this experiment at 5pm when people were going home, the result would've been better.

I know at that hour when I used to go to work how rushed I was, not fully awake, heck...you could put half the Dallas Cowgirl Cheerleaders there topless and I would've blown by them in my hurry to get my *** to work.
Okay, all this time I thought the Bucky and You stuff in a hot tub was just trash talk.
I ain't never had a job that would cause me to rush by a naked old lady, let alone the entire Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders without thinking twice about whether I really needed the employment.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:31 PM
With that said, all I could picture is Bucky in his bed thinking of Habibi & singing Roberta Flack....... "strumming my pain with his fingers... singing my life with his words.... Killing me softly with his song.... "

Quick Reply: Sometimes We Need to Slow Down & Smell the Proverbial Flowers