any emt/firefighters/paramedics on here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking of volunteers...anyone here use a Minitor II for alerting? If so I have a amplifier/charger for sale.

If interested email me: rwvmedic422 at hotmail.com

Old 07-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Our dispatcher sucked. They were paid to dispatch PD and they treated all Fire calls as second priority over silly traffic stops. BS.
we are not like that at all, we dispatch for 13 police agencies and 9 fire agencies.... we have over 60+ dispatcher working for us and have about 15 on at a time, we have 5 police channels a fire channel and a medical channel, we are pretty strick on out fire channels i mean the time it takes to get the info page out the units and get them the info we need... so we do pretty good i think, don't really get complaints from the fire or medical guys....

Old 07-17-2010, 04:20 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FordMan7
we are not like that at all, we dispatch for 13 police agencies and 9 fire agencies.... we have over 60+ dispatcher working for us and have about 15 on at a time, we have 5 police channels a fire channel and a medical channel, we are pretty strick on out fire channels i mean the time it takes to get the info page out the units and get them the info we need... so we do pretty good i think, don't really get complaints from the fire or medical guys....
damn that sounds like fun! public viewing of the dispatch room isnt allowed, but i heard it was about 3-4 computer monitors, two radios, and three telephones between two people in my old county. thats about it.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
damn that sounds like fun! public viewing of the dispatch room isnt allowed, but i heard it was about 3-4 computer monitors, two radios, and three telephones between two people in my old county. thats about it.
on each of our consoles we have 5 computer screens, 3 phone lines, 3 keyboards and to many radios to coun't lol, that is each console so one person has all them haha