BP is not in the wrong, they should be apologized to

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obama-ites go home! leak fixed! hoo-ray!

Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
Ok... I've asked this next question in two threads already without a response... forget what Obama and democrats have done to solve the country's problems... what would republicans do to solve the problems? If I don't get a response this third time I will assume the republicans don't have a solution, they just don't like what is being done to try to solve it.
sorry, i was working... you know, at a tax paying job...

anyway, what repubs... better yet anyone not a liberal would do is leave the government out of it.

good enough for you libbo? leave the smooth talkers and pocketpickers out of the situation. why anyone would think a bunch of failed lawyers could solve an engineering issue is another proof of the silliness of libtards...

Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
I love this thread...
yes, but then, you like poking the animals with a stick through the bars, don't ya!

c'mon, admit it, since we went into reruns on all the good shows there's nothing better than making liberals (knee)jerk, ain't there?

the good Lord knows i love it!

yer pal,
joe the anti-liberal

Old 06-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Joethefordguy
sorry, i was working... you know, at a tax paying job...

anyway, what repubs... better yet anyone not a liberal would do is leave the government out of it.

good enough for you libbo? leave the smooth talkers and pocketpickers out of the situation. why anyone would think a bunch of failed lawyers could solve an engineering issue is another proof of the silliness of libtards...
Again, what is your solution to our problems?

Old 06-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I guess that is where we differ so much, GreenBuck50. I don't see life as much of a team effort. It's my responsibility to make my own way and my families way. I have since I was 16 years old, so for 50 years. That includes earning every penny for college and living expenses. I help others in need, but I do not want help from anyone if I can avoid it. I taught my kids the same. My heroes were the mountainmen and frontiersmen such as Jeremiah Johnson. There was no team.
I respect that... the problem is I do not see any way that one person can solve our problems, it takes more then one person.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I respect that... the problem is I do not see any way that one person can solve our problems, it takes more then one person.
If everyone THAT CAN would take care of themselves instead of looking for the team to help them, there would be a lot less that has to be done. We are off subjet here.

Old 06-19-2010, 09:44 PM
the problem is I do not see any way that one person can solve our problems, it takes more then one person
Your question has been answered over and over again, in several different threads, over a long period of time, by several different people. Here is the answer, summed up quite well:

If everyone THAT CAN would take care of themselves instead of looking for the team to help them, there would be a lot less that has to be done.
It's really kind of adolescent to ask a single person what they think should be done to "solve our problems". Isn't that a little silly to ask?

Many of the problems that plauge our country today are caused by the metality that we, the people of the United States of America, all three hundred plus million of us, have to be a team.

Listen to Bluejay. He knows of what he says.

Last edited by wittom; 06-19-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If everyone THAT CAN would take care of themselves instead of looking for the team to help them, there would be a lot less that has to be done. We are off subjet here.
We can play the "IF" game all day long and while I agree with you in theory Blue, the reality of the situation is this isn't how the world works.

"IF" we were all responsible people living responsible lives and doing the right thing, we wouldn't need police, we wouldn't need any military, we wouldn't need all sorts of things, but this isn't how the world works.

How's that old saying go? If my aunt had *****, she'd be my uncle?
Shoulda woulda coulda.

No point wishing, it's better to live in the here and now and deal with things as they come.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Habibi
We can play the "IF" game all day long and while I agree with you in theory Blue, the reality of the situation is this isn't how the world works.

"IF" we were all responsible people living responsible lives and doing the right thing, we wouldn't need police, we wouldn't need any military, we wouldn't need all sorts of things, but this isn't how the world works.

How's that old saying go? If my aunt had *****, she'd be my uncle?
Shoulda woulda coulda.

No point wishing, it's better to live in the here and now and deal with things as they come.
Wow, your post made me feel soooo good!

Old 06-19-2010, 10:42 PM
IF your kid is hooked on drugs, are you going to get him/her more drugs so they don't have to suffer withdraw or are you going to get them off drugs and get them the help they need to not do drugs so that they don't eventually die prematurely from them?

Our government has become an enabler.

BP and who ever else is found to be responsible need to pay for the damage that they have caused. In the United States, the government DOES NOT have the athority to demand money for any reason from any individual or corporation unless it's a tax.

We are a nation of laws, and our government has chosen to ignore our laws. Maybe that's ok in other countries, but the United States of America didn't becoma a world super power by doing what is ok in other countries.

CNBC-Hugo Chavez Spearheads Raids as Food Prices Skyrocket

Old 06-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 06-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by wittom
IF
We are a nation of laws, and our government has chosen to ignore our laws. Maybe that's ok in other countries, but the United States of America didn't becoma a world super power by doing what is ok in other countries.
Not to get off topic, but FWIW, the State of California has missed their Constitutionally REQUIRED June 15th budget deadline.

For the 23rd time in the last 24 years.

Not surprisingly, our government ignores the Constitution again and again and again.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun...udget-20100616

Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Whether it's people ignoring our laws or governments ignoring our laws, it results in destruction. Of our property or of our rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMdi-...layer_embedded

Hey GreenBuck50, is this what you mean by "we are a team"?

Old 06-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Technical Article Contributor

So the people who lost part of their lives in the south should have pay for it on their own and BP should not have to pay a dime?
Originally Posted by Joethefordguy
typical liberal.
How is that a "typical liberal" response? You people with your labels...
Most of my ideals are pretty conservative, but I really don't see why BP shouldn't at least be required to make up for at least part of the lives they ruined. What about all the shrimpers and fishermen who can't make a living right now because of this oil spill that could've been prevented?

...now I'm not sure where I see that BP should pay the government anything beyond maybe a pollution fine. Looks like a gov't attempt to improve upon their something-trillion-dollar debt.

Last edited by 1clean42; 06-20-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:21 PM
If I'm adolescent for asking a specific person for their specific opinion on a topic, so be it.

Also, if you own a furniture store or anything of the like... and need to sell a couch to help get you out of this recession, forget about the second person helping move the couch... we are not a team.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
If I'm adolescent for asking a specific person for their specific opinion on a topic, so be it.

Also, if you own a furniture store or anything of the like... and need to sell a couch to help get you out of this recession, forget about the second person helping move the couch... we are not a team.
You can always look for someone who is independent, trying to make their on way and is looking for a job moving furniture. You don't have to form a team and hand out teeshirts, and do the rah rah siskoom bah. That can then be used on the football field or basketball court.

Quick Reply: BP is not in the wrong, they should be apologized to