BP fiasco continues!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
We have a fishing camp at Grand Isle and planned to do some fishing down there this summer. Can't use the boat or go on the beach either. I've been going down there for over 50 year's and never saw anything like this before. Pelicans, sea turtles and dolphins are suffering too. The lucky ones are getting cleaned up but a lot are dying.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The lesson learned from this disaster is Big Government can't fix anything.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
The lesson learned from this disaster is Big Government can't fix anything.
^^^This should have already been known^^^

I work for BP. In saying that, I mean that BP is the company for which i provide a service for and in return, recieve a check to provide for my family. I am by no means anyone who makes decisions that will in anyway affect this situation (before hand, or after the fact). It is amazing how so truly uniformed the majority of the public is and how biased the government / media are.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by jd2518
^^^This should have already been known^^^

I work for BP. In saying that, I mean that BP is the company for which i provide a service for and in return, recieve a check to provide for my family. I am by no means anyone who makes decisions that will in anyway affect this situation (before hand, or after the fact). It is amazing how so truly uniformed the majority of the public is and how biased the government / media are.
Something I have noticed is the local media seems to be reporting things differently than the national media. Something else I've noticed is what I've seen and noticed is the local media seems to be reporting what I've seen first hand. Have you noticed this in your area?

Old 06-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by 1depd
Something I have noticed is the local media seems to be reporting things differently than the national media. Something else I've noticed is what I've seen and noticed is the local media seems to be reporting what I've seen first hand. Have you noticed this in your area?
Absolutley...the national media is a joke, always has, always will be...local media's are a lot more in touch with what is actually happening and want to report it to their viewers for what it is....the national media is just trying to bump ratings...they report it as if BP wanted this to happen and are making a killing off of it or something...but even so, hearing some of the local people down here say some stupid stuff without thinking about what they're saying is pretty funny and frustrating at the same time....there are some ignorant people in this world

Old 07-12-2010, 07:36 PM
The Fox Report just showed a new cap on the well. Looked like the spewing oil may have seized. At least that's what it looked like on the live BP cam.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
oil leak contained finally?

Breaking news www.cnn.com

Old 07-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Live cam shows it's still pissing out, nothing is stopped yet.

Quick Reply: BP fiasco continues!