Arrow Trucking

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Arrow Trucking

Has anyone elce seen this BS? my father just lost his job with no warning, no nothing! and was stuck in Main. had to take his truck to the dealer, pack what he could, sel the rest and pay for his own plane ticket back to Phx! All a week before Chrismas! If you can help any of theses drivers, please do...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Suppor...833387?ref=nf#

http://www.csmonitor.com/Money/2009/...umped-by-Arrow

Old 12-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, no warning , nothing!! And stranded employees. That's terrible. Sorry to hear.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:25 AM
That really sucks.

Best wishes to all the truckers and their families for a quick recovery.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:26 AM
He's one of the lucky ones then. He was able to get to the dealer. I'm guessing he had a KW or Freightliner if he was able to take it to a dealer. The last I heard they didn't know what they were doing with the International trucks. Alot of the truckers are stuck at truck stops pretty much out of fuel and unable to purchase any to get out. I've had a couple Arrow trucks show up to haul loads for me before and both times I was hoping that the drivers weren't representative for the rest of the company (both raging idiots, and thats being nice).

Old 12-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
On the bright side, they'll have government run healthcare....what's not to like?

I would suggest you get accustomed to stories like this one. It's just the beginning of the destruction of the US by our own Gov't. Companies are struggling now and with the new taxes they will have put on their backs, they won't survive.

Navistar made the same offer as KW/Freightliner. Bring the truck in and get $200.00 or a bus ticket home. I'd personally drive towards the house until it ran out of fuel and hitch a ride home. Let Arrow Freight worry about the truck and the fines that will surely go along with it. This is another case of management that needs to be arrested and put in jail over the holidays. If they were having financial issues, it didn't come over night or was a surprise. They could have easily downsized or taken only loads that were profitable. This is criminal negligence on the part of management. And what about the poor business man waiting for his goods that he probably has already paid for? And some of it will be perishables I'm sure. Who's going to pay for that- the taxpayer....again? I like the Chinese way of dealing with things like this. Mismanagement is dealt with severely and that includes execution.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:46 AM

I think they've been around for quite awhile as well, at-least 40 years from what I've just read. I recall seeing Arrow trucks quite often in Michigan, on the road.

There's allot companies closing their doors around here. It's not good, depressing.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Get ready people, the big one's coming.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:03 PM
yep, heard about it yesterday...some 1,400 drivers all of the sudden couldnt buy fuel.
I'd drive that 18 wheeler until it had about 5 gallons of fuel left, syphon the rest out and use it to start a massive fire inside the trucks cab.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:21 PM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Wow! That is really sad.

If I see an Arrow driver stranded, I'd take them home give them food and shelter for the holidays.

That's pretty sad what they did -- especially right before the holidays.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My uncle drove for them years ago and didn't like the way they treated their drivers, so he quit. So sorry to hear that they stranded him like that and so close to the holidays

Old 12-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by 4x4wolf
My uncle drove for them years ago and didn't like the way they treated their drivers, so he quit. So sorry to hear that they stranded him like that and so close to the holidays
He was always treated like crap too, but hes the one to stick his neck out for anyone... hes a hard worker, just got srewed. he home now, so my moms happy. and if yall looked at the facebook page, there are alot of people going out of there way and there wallets to help the drivers. my mother has even opened the doors to her house to any drivers in the Phx area. its great to see people come together when some need it the most.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:19 PM
That sucks I am glad your Dad made it home ok!! What a crappy company!! My best freind is a trucker and as much as he crabs about his carrier I'm glad it is not Arrow!

Old 12-24-2009, 04:54 PM

I wish the drivers that were stranded or need help would log on, so one could help directly. I guess no one likes asking for help tho.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
I wish the drivers that were stranded or need help would log on, so one could help directly. I guess no one likes asking for help tho.
a few of em are on facebook and the phone numbers on there you can get ahold of em.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by polpilot
a few of em are on facebook and the phone numbers on there you can get ahold of em.
Alright, thanks, I didn't see any drivers earlier.

Quick Reply: Arrow Trucking