What is wrong with kids my age these days?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 95'F-150
x2

Highfive!

Old 08-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Because alcohol isn't a drug

That party sounded pretty fun.

- NCSU
Kind of what I was thinking

Old 08-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by 87fiveoh254
Thats what I'm talkin about!

BTW LOUS150 I see where your comin from. A guy like me is a dime a dozen at my age. I'm not like that at all and honestly any girl thats 'been' with any buddy of mine, or has 'been' with like 3 other guys, I ain't touchin. I'm more get to know the girl, date her, then go down that road when its right. But that was after a while of dating. I'm a classical type of guy when it comes to girls. I'm not a playa at all, but majority of guys my age are.

Dnasty777, I couldn't agree anymore with you. There isn't anything wrong with a little drinking if you use your head, I mean the one on your shoulders not between your legs.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Drdudsads

Last edited by Drdudsads; 06-22-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Im just going to leave this one alone.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by birddog_61
Im just going to leave this one alone.

I just moved into "College-Town, Florida" (Tallahassee) and I've met a few friends, soon to meet some more (from this site!) and hangout and have a good time. Both of my parents are LEOs and I will NEVER do drugs. They waste money, screw with your head, land you in trouble, and mess with your future. I never drink, but recently being in college and all I'm loosening up a little bit, but I wont be doing it every night, my truck costs too much <---thats root beer

Old 08-17-2009, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121

I just moved into "College-Town, Florida" (Tallahassee) and I've met a few friends, soon to meet some more (from this site!) and hangout and have a good time. Both of my parents are LEOs and I will NEVER do drugs. They waste money, screw with your head, land you in trouble, and mess with your future. I never drink, but recently being in college and all I'm loosening up a little bit, but I wont be doing it every night, my truck costs too much <---thats root beer
ive managed it for a couple years lol. now that ill be in college, im limiting myself to fridays and saturdays only, and im only buying one 30 pack every weekend, after that i have to bum beers.

i have my own story of an underage drinking party (i wasnt there, i was out committing other misdemeanors involving toilet paper and shredded newspaper, but my best friend was so i heard the entire story)

this occurred my sophomore year. a senior named Matt K. and his family had recently moved out of their house and into a new one. Their old house was still empty.

You can see where this is going. The resulting party will forever be known in lore as the "The Beer Party."

This house was one of the worst houses you could ever pick for a party, it was in a residential neighborhood. 3 doors up lives a cop, who also was a football and baseball coach at our school. His name was Larry B. Across the street and 2 doors down lives a city attorney, Gerry B. There was another city official who lived close but i cant remember who it was.

There are 43 people at the party, everybody is getting wasted pretty much. Officer Larry B. is off-duty and on his way home from a bar. How does he spot the party? All the cars? Nope. Loud music? Nope. Somebody passed out in the yard? Nope. He spots it by seeing a pair of Juniors unloading a keg from their truck.

He parks his car at his house and gets his radio. He then radios in a couple more cops. They walk through the front door. Larry walks in wearing a tracksuit and his little earpiece and radio. He surveys the scene. At the top of his lungs, he yells, "What is this? Is this some kind of beer party?"

Since he personally knows 3/4 of the people in the room, he starts phoning parents. Every phone call would be sometihng like this, "Is this Mr. Jones? Ya i got your son Alex here and he decided to go to this beer party tonight." What made it funny was how he referred to it as a "beer party" in every reference. Anyway i dont even know if anybody got tickets (i think a few did) but the school sent letters home to all the parents of kids who were at the party and saying that 43 Piper High School students attended this party and yadda yadda.

This did nothing but solidify an already solid hold Piper had as the top drinkers on the kansas side of the Kansas City metro.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:59 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Good story. Talk about a dumb place to have it.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
been going on since before ur parents were ur age... why u surprised?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:25 AM

I'm not surprised at all, I just don't get why high school kids need to get tanked every single weekend. I just find it dumb. If people do, great, can't stop it and as long as they are responsible about it, but it seems like that's all a lot of the kids in this area do for fun most of the time. It was more of an observation, but it sure isn't my cup of tea

Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Klitch
been going on since before ur parents were ur age... why u surprised?
Because they're all 16-20 years old and still think they "know everything" and don't realize we've already "been there, done that, got the tee-shirt".

It'll be funny if these kids look back at thos thread 10 years from now.

-NCSU

PS: When I was a senior in high school I never partied, I was a letterman in 3 sports and already been accepted to college for engineering. What I learned is that people who can't control themselves shouldn't drink or do drugs. If you are smart enough and can do things in moderation, go nuts while you're young. You only live once.

"I feel bad for the person who doesn't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they will feel all day."

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 08-17-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:31 PM
up untill i was 18 i never drank then i drank alot as some of you might rember from my party threads. now that im 21 it kind of takes the thrill out of it. i just hang out with a few close friends and have some drinks every now and then ill go to a college hang out and go to a party. no matter how much i have to drink i always stay the night i never even wanna risk it.

bonfires+drinking=best thing ever. i dont know what it is about a bonfire and drinking its just so relaxing. drinking on the weekends is a nice way to relax from work.

i have not and will never smoke anything not even cigs.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
im 22 now, looking back not drinking wasnt so bad, but i could've met a few more ladies that way.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:17 PM

Yes. We had parties out our house every weekend. Great way to meet the ladies.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:22 PM

And sometimes you might be able to do the horizontal limbo

I have no problem waiting, too much going on to do that, just thought I'd share that story cause I hate to see people get caught up in that crap

Quick Reply: What is wrong with kids my age these days?