What is wrong with kids my age these days?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 04:02 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by LOUS150
as a parent of 3 daughters i know what its like and mine are all fine the youngest is 15 going on 16 and isn't even allowed to use the word boyfreind so alcohol is definately out of the question
That is how may dad is with my sister. Just about the same age too.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LOUS150
i can agree with that but the sad part is when some people drink they let the alcohol tell them they are okay to drive and we know what happens from there
thats the thing, when i drink, i stay the night at a friends house, and i make sure not to leave

Old 08-16-2009, 04:22 PM
you sound like a smart kid there truckguy your parents should be proud of a job well done

Old 08-16-2009, 04:27 PM

Thank man I try to act how I would want my kids to in the future. I miss out on somethings, like less choice of girls (at least in Hs... way more in college to choose from ) but to me, I guess I just don't need to do that stuff to have a good time. I work a lot, enjoy doing stuff with my family and hang with my friends in between. Kind of on a similar note, the kids that they are hiring at work... Oh dear God... talk about scary to be in this generation. They are aweful

Old 08-16-2009, 04:30 PM
edit: nevermind long day

Old 08-16-2009, 04:37 PM
I just realized if I would have spent all that alcohol money on my truck I would be driving grave digger by now

Old 08-16-2009, 04:42 PM

Old 08-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Thank man I try to act how I would want my kids to in the future. I miss out on somethings, like less choice of girls (at least in Hs... way more in college to choose from ) but to me, I guess I just don't need to do that stuff to have a good time. I work a lot, enjoy doing stuff with my family and hang with my friends in between. Kind of on a similar note, the kids that they are hiring at work... Oh dear God... talk about scary to be in this generation. They are aweful
same here, i would rather be out workin my *** off and making money then spending it, i havent drank since spring break and i am lovin it, saving money for a new truck ftw

Old 08-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ya kids these days i go to the parties and stuff i don't really drink i find it much more amusing to watch and listen to whats going on and think to myself you sound like the dumbest person on the planet right now

but you would think that its gotta get old i dont see the point in getting waisted and high every weekend its just stupid there is never really gonna be a good outcome from it

Old 08-16-2009, 05:35 PM
gcw
Technical Article Contributor

when i was 18 I decided it would be a good idea to get married and buy a house and two new cars (one I still have) then caught her fooling around. that was the end of that so I had all those bills to pay witch wasn't bad cause I was in the oilfield. but i worked my **** off. then 2 years later met then married the greatest women anyone could ask for. and somewhere in there did the Marine thing

but what Im getting at is have fun while you can. sooner or later your going to be old and wish you coulda shoulda. what till you start college thats when it will get fun. i dated a couple girls that went to college and the parties and get togethers were fun as ****.

I spend maybe $20 a paycheck on some bud light maybe dos equis if im feeling fancy. you need to support your breweries they need money too!!!

thats my dumb **** post of the day take it for what its worth

Old 08-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by gcw
when i was 18 I decided it would be a good idea to get married and buy a house and two new cars (one I still have) then caught her fooling around. that was the end of that so I had all those bills to pay witch wasn't bad cause I was in the oilfield. but i worked my **** off. then 2 years later met then married the greatest women anyone could ask for. and somewhere in there did the Marine thing

but what Im getting at is have fun while you can. sooner or later your going to be old and wish you coulda shoulda. what till you start college thats when it will get fun. i dated a couple girls that went to college and the parties and get togethers were fun as ****.

I spend maybe $20 a paycheck on some bud light maybe dos equis if im feeling fancy. you need to support your breweries they need money too!!!

thats my dumb **** post of the day take it for what its worth
I agree with you 100%. The saying also goes to each his own or Different strokes for different folks. I'm 19, about 20 and I'll admit I've done a lot of underage drinking in my days but I've slowed down a lot here lately. We use to have big parties every weekend. Then this past year we kinda stopped and all grew up. The thing is you have to be smart about drinking. I never go to parties where I wouldn't feel comfotable. Plus you have to know your limits. I'll admit there has been a few times I was in no shape to drive home but did. But the thing was i knew my boundaries and knew to put the seat belt on, stay under the limit, take less busy roads home. I mean you just have to be smart. I've had a buddy who has been arrested like 4 times, 1 being a DUI for drinking under the age. Idk man see where I come from its just a small little community lots of country roads, a back way to where ever you need to go. You just gotta stay sharp and smart when you drink. Luckily I've never been caught, and I really have no worries of being caught. When I drink I'll catch a buzz and stop unless I'm staying. See kids around here they'll drink all night long then get behind the wheel and go down the busy roads or go stop at the gas station where all the cops just sit there and wait for that kind of stuff to happen.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by abervintageman4
x2

Highfive!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm 19 almost 20 and I drink my fair share. Honestly alcohol is great for meeting new people. Liquid courage, it's great when used properly.

And as for Lous150 and Ftruck05, I've seen both sides of the road many times. Girls who didn't have enough guidance and those who had to much.

I'm sure Lous150 is doing a great job parenting though. I'd much rather want a parent who cares too much than doesn't at all.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
Drinking is fine, drugs are another matter.
Because alcohol isn't a drug

That party sounded pretty fun.

- NCSU

Old 08-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dnasty777
I'm 19 almost 20 and I drink my fair share. Honestly alcohol is great for meeting new people. Liquid courage, it's great when used properly.

And as for Lous150 and Ftruck05, I've seen both sides of the road many times. Girls who didn't have enough guidance and those who had to much.

I'm sure Lous150 is doing a great job parenting though. I'd much rather want a parent who cares too much than doesn't at all.
thanx my 15 yr old is an a student in advanced classes, she has lots of freinds but she don't need no boy's messin with her head there's plenty of time for that after she graduates (and yes i know what boys want i was a horndog high schooler at one time)

Quick Reply: What is wrong with kids my age these days?