Results from Ford Dispute Board...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2000, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Results from Ford Dispute Board...

Well guys and gals, I got a letter from the Ford Dispute Board about my truck over the weekend with the numerous problems that I have had with it....and they denied my attempt to have them buy the the truck back from me, or compensate me in any fashion. So now I am stuck with a truck that I don't know will run the next time I go to start the thing. So I am looking for other options as to what to do...Looking at going with the 1)State of Minnesota for a lemon law that way, 2) Terminating the lease on my truck, and getting something different, 3) Writing letters to the head of Ford Motor Company via certified mail and seeing if I can get anything done, or 4) Hoping that someone totals it out this winter when I am driving it so that I can get rid of it. I just don't want all of these problems that I have had.
Just thought that I would keep you guys and gals posted....Or should I say Fellow Friends of F150's???????

Old 10-16-2000, 11:03 AM
I don't know what you have done so far, so forgive me if I am repetative.
1. Get all the repair invoices together.
2. Make a list of all the complaints you've had, and repairs that were done.
3.Decide what you think would be a proper and fair remedy.
4. Now get to writing.
part 1 should be how much you loved the truck originally. This is important as you will now have their full and proper attention.
part 2 should list all component failures and what was said to you about them and/or done to fix each one.
part 3 should be listing your options.
a. Can you sell it? If so what would you lose if you did? Is the difference justified according to how much you drove it?
b. Can you turn it in? Is it over miles? Are you responable for its now unreliable condidtion?
c. Can you trade it in? Would any dealer take it or are you at the mercy of the unscruplous dealer you bought it from?
d. Can you keep it? Is it the wonderful and reliable vehical that you once thought you would be proud to own forever?
(keep in mind I know some of you answers already, what I am saying is put the answers to these Q's in writing)
part4 should be what you think is fair in your case to compensate you for not having the reliable vehical that you thought you were buying when you bought this Truck.

Then read it, edit it, re-read it, maybe edit it some more. They will only read about one page unless it is really interesting or has had so many failtures that all the failures alone take a whole page.

Make copies and mail to the highest you can get on the food chain and go down from there.
The highest guy who reads it will wonder why it wasn't taken care of before it got to him and he will assign someone to make it go away.
I only asked for an extened warrenty and got a new Truck!
Finally:
Ask for what is fair and don't go over board.
Be prepared to take all your documentation to a lawyer. (you will already have done most of the work for him at this point and if your good, belive me, Ford will know that when they read your letter)

[This message has been edited by Andthensometoo (edited 10-16-2000).]

Old 10-16-2000, 01:12 PM
Wink

ATST-
That is exactly what I did, just what you wrote about doing. Goes to show that great minds think alike. I guess that I just didn't start high enough on the food chain. I am going to send a response to the letter that I got, and then see what else can be done.
Guess that I might have to go the way of the lawyer and see what they have to say, and if I do have a case agianst them.

Old 11-14-2000, 10:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
go here... www.lemonaid.com

Go to the "other States" area and contact a lemon law attorney. They deal with the corps on a daily basis, and 99 times out of 100, it doesn't cost you a penny. You have nothing to lose. Worked for me. I even got my money 2 weeks ago (or most of it) and still have the Lemon!
-Joe-

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)

'00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Holandia Sunroof, built 11/99 picked up 10/00!
List of planned mods: Clear corners and tails, CB wiring, Stainless brush guard, at least 1 set of KCs (probably more!), custom radar detector mount, color matched trailer hitch with stainless steel ball, torsion bar tweak, bug deflector, spray in liner, and a tonneau of some sort...

Old 11-15-2000, 07:44 AM
Red face

GIJoe,

I also have a 98 Explorer that I have started the lemon law process on. My dealer says we have a good case. They just can't fix some of the stuff on it. I was wondering what kind of problems you were having.

Old 11-15-2000, 07:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You name it, I had it.

My service record is 64 pages long.... you want all of it? I'll give you the abbreviated version when I get home tonight.
-Joe-

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)

'00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Holandia Sunroof, built 11/99 picked up 10/00!
List of planned mods: Clear corners and tails, CB wiring, Stainless brush guard, at least 1 set of KCs (probably more!), custom radar detector mount, color matched trailer hitch with stainless steel ball, torsion bar tweak, bug deflector, spray in liner, and a tonneau of some sort...

Old 11-15-2000, 11:46 PM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Create a web page for all to see.

If you make it large enough for Ford to see it as a serious eyesore, that might scare them into action. I know that happened with a certain 2000 Chevy Impala. I wont ever buy one of those...

He made your truck look like it never had any problems.

Old 11-16-2000, 07:37 AM
Cool

GIJoe,

WOW! Mine is only about ten pages long. Here are the major problems I've had. I am just wondering if you have similar problems.

98 4x2 XLT 4.0SOHC V-6, every XLT option available (leather, moonroof, running boards, etc.)

timing chain tensioners (2 attempts, still broken)
rocking drivers seat (3 attempts, new track fixed it, doing it again now)
stalling under hard left turns or brisk accleration (4 attempts, PCM, fuel pump, intake gaskets, etc. still doing it)
intermittent brake light failure (2 attempts, still doing it)
rear suspension squeak (5 attempts, finally found missing parts in rear springs on last attempt, may be fixed)
passengers front door window never went up right (3 attempts, finally ordered new regulator/motor)
many other problems, broken door handle trim, anti-theft light flashing eradically, auto lock function not working, etc.

We really like the truck but I've had it with the service visits. The most recent problem is the brake lights. I noticed it following my wife home one night. They kept it for a week replacing the switch and fixing some other stuff. A few days after we get it back, some guy locked up his brakes and flipped my wife the bird for not having operational brake lights. I took the Explorer away from her and drove it the next day, every time I looked in storefronts, etc. the brake lights would work but I too had a couple of people nearly rear end me. That's what did it for me. Then it stalled twice on the way to the dealer. It is sitting in the driveway now supposedly fixed again. If I go outside to start it, it will stall once and have to be restarted. It never did that one before. The service manager says, "we can't reengineer them we can only try to fix them." The dealer has been great, BTW.

My family owns some commercial property right next to our local Ford dealer. We are putting in an office in one of the buildings about ten feet away from the used car lot. I have some interesting ideas in mind if this does not work out. I hate to be that way, I just want some satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Results from Ford Dispute Board...