PLEASE HELP URGENT-Cell Phones!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE HELP URGENT-Cell Phones!

Important: On select smartphone devices, if you do not subscribe to a Data Plan or Data Feature, data usage will be billed at 1.5˘ per KB ($15.36 per MB), unless you add a data block or subscribe to a Wireless Email Feature. Other smartphone devices and all BlackBerry® devices require a Data Plan or a Data Feature.

That's what verizon says. it says I've used 3.3KB of Data

How much money would that equal. is 1.0KB=1MB? Am I looking at around 45 dollars of overages?

is 3.3KB= 3.3x1.5c? Help!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1000 KB = 1 MB

So if you're getting charged 1.5 cents per KB and you have used 3.3 KB then it's only 3.3*1.5 cents = 4.95 cents. A nickel. I was going to get a smart phone until they told me you had to have a data plan to go with it.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by mblouir
1000 KB = 1 MB

So if you're getting charged 1.5 cents per KB and you have used 3.3 KB then it's only 3.3*1.5 cents = 4.95 cents. A nickel.

hm, well my dad said when I had .55KB used I had 6 dollars in overages for Data? Could that be for Picture messages? Because apparently the Unlimited Video, Picture, Text messaging on a Smart phone, doesn't include MMS, that count's as Data? And possibly .25 a pic message?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:21 PM

More than likely that's what it is. When I upgraded I ended up getting the LG Dare because I didn't go the smart phone route. They had to change my data plan in order to accommodate the new phone and assured me the price wouldn't change. I have unlimited texts/pics/etc but they forgot to put that in the new data plan. When our first bill rolled around with the new phone it was about $175 too much....needless to say we weren't too happy. Got it all sorted out, though.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:23 PM
More than likely that's what it is. When I upgraded I ended up getting the LG Dare because I didn't go the smart phone route. They had to change my data plan in order to accommodate the new phone and assured me the price wouldn't change. I have unlimited texts/pics/etc but they forgot to put that in the new data plan. When our first bill rolled around with the new phone it was about $175 too much....needless to say we weren't too happy. Got it all sorted out, though.
Should I just not sweat it, and when the bill comes in, see what it is?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:36 PM

If you had unlimited texts before I would call to find out if that's what the charges are for. It's pretty shiesty if you're getting charged for something they didn't tell you about.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 PM
If you had unlimited texts before I would call to find out if that's what the charges are for. It's pretty shiesty if you're getting charged for something they didn't tell you about.
Yeah, we switched to that family select plan, with the texting goodness, and my mom and sis have Dares, they both had Data Charges? And so Did I(smart phone not THAT suprised) and then my dad said it has to be picture messaging which is Data, which I said is BS, So maybe they screwed up?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:19 PM

Yeah if you guys had to switch plans in order to use the new phones and are getting data charges when you previously had unlimited then they messed up. I'd call and get it fixed asap. Seems like they forgot to set the new plan to unlimited, which is exactly what happened to me.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah if you guys had to switch plans in order to use the new phones and are getting data charges when you previously had unlimited then they messed up. I'd call and get it fixed asap. Seems like they forgot to set the new plan to unlimited, which is exactly what happened to me.
Agreed, I keep waiting for a bill to come out, billing period ends the 20th, so I will see how much it charges and if the $ is way off. Thanks man!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Suspended
On smart phones it is 1.5c a kb. So you are charged right now 5 cents. Dont sweat it. Lol. On the non smart phones it is $1.99 per megabyte and they round up. So even if you only used 3.3kb you would get charged for a 1000. Its stupid. On smart phones they send pics through data, not actual pic messages. So it doesnt charge you per message, it charges you by how big the message.

P.S. I am a verizon agent.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by squirtbottle09
On smart phones it is 1.5c a kb. So you are charged right now 5 cents. Dont sweat it. Lol. On the non smart phones it is $1.99 per megabyte and they round up. So even if you only used 3.3kb you would get charged for a 1000. Its stupid. On smart phones they send pics through data, not actual pic messages. So it doesnt charge you per message, it charges you by how big the message.

P.S. I am a verizon agent.

I have the VX6900, without a PDA smart phone. So at 3.3kb it only cost me a nickel? You work there, so tell me lol. Thanks man, so at 3.3kb at 1.5c a kb that's only like 4.75 cents. So if the bill comes and is outrageous I need to get them to look at it?

Old 03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Ohh the good ole Verizon is chargeing me this, that and the other and no-one can tell me why or what it is and when I ask for it to be corrected they say ok but next month it's still FUBARED. Boy I dont miss those days.

My verizon bill was always jacked up. I would call them and "straigthen" things out only for it to be back on my bill next month or the following. They were real good about hitting me with the phone insurance, that I would cancel every month but would always be on there. Or hit me for pix messaging when I was supose to have been allowed 250 and I only sent 10. Also dont go changing your plan in the middle of the billing cycle. I dont know how they come up with there pro-rated charges but its wack.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by SouthernSkrew
Ohh the good ole Verizon is chargeing me this, that and the other and no-one can tell me why or what it is and when I ask for it to be corrected they say ok but next month it's still FUBARED. Boy I dont miss those days.

My verizon bill was always jacked up. I would call them and "straigthen" things out only for it to be back on my bill next month or the following. They were real good about hitting me with the phone insurance, that I would cancel every month but would always be on there. Or hit me for pix messaging when I was supose to have been allowed 250 and I only sent 10. Also dont go changing your plan in the middle of the billing cycle. I dont know how they come up with there pro-rated charges but its wack.
Yeah we changed the plan in the middle of a billing cycle.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
verizon is turning into a bunch of scammers, I wish I wouldve dropped them when I had the chance, they are screwin my dad so bad its not funny, every month they send stuff (premium txts) to the lines that my siblings use and charge my dad 10 bucks per line...pure scam

Old 03-19-2009, 03:01 AM
Suspended
yeah. I work there and dont know how the pro rating works. I always future date it that way it takes place at bill cycle. It makes everything easier in the long run.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP URGENT-Cell Phones!