Need some girl advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some girl advice

I know I know...another girl thread. But I would like some advice on something. I have been with a girl for a year now. She is 18 and I am 21. 2 nights ago she told me she was ready to settle down and get married 2 me. I was thinkin that was pretty cool because I really love the girl. Well last night she called me and told me she wanted to take a break and I was like WTF? So I said ok and she called me tonight and said i was 2 controlling, she wants her freedom, and she thinks she wants to break up! In less than 48 hours she has went from one extreme to another and completely jumped out into the deep end. Now my question is this: Should I try to fight to keep her? Or is it even worth it? Please...I do not want the answer, "do whatever your heart says", because I do not even know that. It is simply torn in 2.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
girls are psycho this is an proven fact. she probebly just freaked out about the idea of that much commitment. ya'll are young and thats a HUGE step to take at that age. just give her some space to get her thoughts together. she will relize what she left behind and come back. and if she doesnt your young and better off. their are plenty of fish in the sea, and if shes that crazy you probebly dont want to be attached to that.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:02 PM
My personal advice - don't date a girl that much younger than you. Sure, when you're 25 and she's 22, its not a big deal. But right now, with you being 21, and she's just now a legal adult - there's going to be inherit "maturity" differences. Maybe not even at the level you'd think of.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't get stuck on her. She is showing a bad side. Trust me, when she gets older it will probably get worse. I would cut and run. Your to young to settle down. Use the proper head to think with.... it will save you a lot more heart ache later.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Suspended
I dont mean to laugh, but thats exactly what happened to me. I was 21 she was 19. We decided to get engaged (yeah asker her, and did the ring and all) THEN a month later is when I got the "break" to break up thing.

Originally Posted by NoLongerJeepin
she probebly just freaked out about the idea of that much commitment.
Thats exactly it. Dont fight, just let it go. Its not worth the fight at all. Trust me!

Old 05-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Appreciate it guys. BTW, the reason I am too controlling is because I asked her to call me at night to let me know she was ok when she went somewhere, because she seriously at 18 just got her license.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't think she is ready for such a relationship due to her age and changing her mind from one extreme to the other.

I don't think you are ready because you came here and asked us for advice.

Anyone who gets married at 21 is out of their mind anyways.
I know, I've been married for 31 years.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:27 PM
If you're 21 years old, I would say that you should let her go and if she comes back, then maybe it is meant to be. But in the meantime, you should just play the field as much as you can and love it. If she sees you with another girl, I can almost guarantee you that she will come running back. Then, you will be the one that will have to make a decision.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I can't even get a girl friend...

Girls hate men who are too smart and non-flirty.

I don't know how to flirt, which is the first thing. Secondly I try to talk to them, but they think I'm really super boring. Lastly, I just keep to myself.

I wish girls were more like men... very out going and willing to ask a guy out. Instead of me trying to probe into women's lives.

Ha, funny I should mention this... since I've been looking for a girl friend, I've ran into one major problem. They got boyfriends already.

What's crazy is the ones that are decent, already have boyfriends... but what gets me though, is that some of them are complete idiots.

I guess I'm too good for any women.

I don't understand... if I was a women, and I was looking for a guy, I'd look for the ones with smarts, money, and common sense.

Some of the men these women are in relationships with probably don't know how to fix a light switch, let alone know how to take on daily responsibilities. Then again, on the flipside, if the women likes that kind of man, I suppose I wouldn't want them.

So... who the heck knows....

Old 05-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Raoul
I don't think she is ready for such a relationship due to her age and changing her mind from one extreme to the other.

I don't think you are ready because you came here and asked us for advice.
read my mind..

Originally Posted by ManualF150

I don't know how to flirt, which is the first thing. Secondly I try to talk to them, but they think I'm really super boring. Lastly, I just keep to myself.

I wish girls were more like men... very out going and willing to ask a guy out. Instead of me trying to probe into women's lives.

Ha, funny I should mention this... since I've been looking for a girl friend, I've ran into one major problem. They got boyfriends already.

What's crazy is the ones that are decent, already have boyfriends... but what gets me though, is that some of them are complete idiots.

I don't understand... if I was a women, and I was looking for a guy, I'd look for the ones with smarts, money, and common sense.

Some of the men these women are in relationships with probably don't know how to fix a light switch, let alone know how to take on daily responsibilities. Then again, on the flipside, if the women likes that kind of man, I suppose I wouldn't want them.

ok just dont turn gay on us...

Old 05-05-2008, 11:57 PM
she is playing with you mind. she is seeing if you will go hook up with someone else. Stupid girls man... same thing happened to one of my buddies. If you get so fed up with her games then listen to the song "I gotta brand new girlfriend" by Steve Holy...that should help haha

Old 05-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Suspended
The getting married to break-up in 48 hrs is simply this

She was trying to scare you into breaking up with her so she wouldnt have to be "the bad guy" and she could be the wounded party to your joint friends trust me ive been there if you chase you'll just drive her further away or you are going to find out she already has something else going on cut your losses and move on

18yers old + female = mentally unstable

Old 05-06-2008, 12:13 AM
My advise is you try everything in your power to stay with her if you really want her. That way after it's all said and done you can't say that didn't try. Personally, I find that after a situation like that accrues I lose the feeling of wanting to be with her. Then again I get bored real quick and stop answering phone calls from one day to the next.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150

Not to get too far off track here, but jeeze Manual, I see you all the time whining about how smart you are and no girls like you because your so smart. Why dont you quit your pitty parties, grow a pair and just TRY. THis is tough love man, I used to be in the same place you seem to be, its hard, just TRY and if you fail, hey lesson learned try again.
If you cant get at get somewhere with a girl after a few times, I gurantee you, you are no where near as smart as you think you are. This is nature for **** sake, its in your dna. And to lighten the air, here is a quote from 40yo virgin (which I hope you arent some day )

Jay: [to Andy, in a bar] All you got to do is use your instincts. How do you think a lion knows to tackle a gazelle? It's written, it's a code written in his DNA, says, "tackle the gazelle." And believe it or not, in every man there's a code written that says, "tackle drunk bitches."
Now OP...

I think most of the above are absolutely correct, if she is this bad now, you dont want to find out what its like in the future, ask me...this is a BLESSING

Old 05-06-2008, 01:14 AM
all that chick is gonna do if you got married is realize thats she's missing out on being 18 and single after getting married, divorce you and take half of your stuff. because 18 year olds don't have any stuff yet. that would be the best case scenario.

Worse case scenario would be yall got a divorce, found out she was pregnant, and this is where the kanye west song starts playin'...

Quick Reply: Need some girl advice