Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 06:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the new Super Duties for the most part. However, I agree that they look kinda odd at times. They almost seem too skinny and hollow. The previous generation looked beefy and muscular, and these look a little frail and malnourished lol. But I am glad they finally updated them. Interior changes were long overdue.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:37 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by PawPaw
They had this beautiful 2017 Platinum dually that listed for 79K.
Undeniable proof that we live in a world gone mad.....

Old 02-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got a bad tank of gas last week. Had to go back to stock tune and it's still maxing out the knock sensor. Burned 3 quarters of the crap tank and gonna take it as far as possible before filling up. It started acting up after using about a quarter of the tank, figured I'd pull over and fill it back up with some Shell and it would help but it didnt. So know been trying to burn off about 35 gallons of gas.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Ugggg, no fun!

I'd take my receipt back and bitch them out.

Atleast you can burn gas quickly, since you don't have the fuel efficiency of a 5.0

Old 02-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took the truck through a touchless wash for the first time. Too cold to hand-wash and I couldn't stand the dirt on it anymore.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Patman
Ugggg, no fun!

I'd take my receipt back and bitch them out.

Atleast you can burn gas quickly, since you don't have the fuel efficiency of a 5.0
Another reason I know it's bad fuel is the 2mpg drop. Last 3 tanks has been 20.xx mpg. This tank 18.1 mpg. I've been locking out 6th the whole tank so the knock reading would be better, which had to do with a little bit of a mpg drop but probably not 2mpg running 60mph.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:43 PM
Global Moderator &

Wave

Old 02-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Cavalier may be going to the scrap yard soon. The whole exhaust system fell off today and of course there was a cop behind me when it happend. He was laughing the whole time he wrote out the citation

The pipe actually rotted off the manifold and apparently the hangers have been gone for awhile If I can't fix it good enough to pass inspection it's gone. I'm really not wanting to drive the truck everyday.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by MTM Ford
The Cavalier may be going to the scrap yard soon. The whole exhaust system fell off today and of course there was a cop behind me when it happend. He was laughing the whole time he wrote out the citation

The pipe actually rotted off the manifold and apparently the hangers have been gone for awhile If I can't fix it good enough to pass inspection it's gone. I'm really not wanting to drive the truck everyday.
The muffler strap went to heck on mine as well and I jerry-rigged a suitable replacement using a strap hanger I picked up at the local O'Reilly's.

Been driving the wife's old '05 Escape this week instead of my Cavalier. My intent has always been to sell it now that she's driving the '08 Taurus, but I'm leaning more towards keeping it and using it for trips where the Cavalier is less than ideal -- especially times when I might need to take some extra gear or have business associates traveling with me.

On the surface, I should probably just sell the Cavalier and run the Escape as my daily, but the miles on it are on the high side (172k) and it doesn't get as good of gas mileage, so keeping both is probably the way I'll roll.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by ddellwo
The muffler strap went to heck on mine as well and I jerry-rigged a suitable replacement using a strap hanger I picked up at the local O'Reilly's.

Been driving the wife's old '05 Escape this week instead of my Cavalier. My intent has always been to sell it now that she's driving the '08 Taurus, but I'm leaning more towards keeping it and using it for trips where the Cavalier is less than ideal -- especially times when I might need to take some extra gear or have business associates traveling with me.

On the surface, I should probably just sell the Cavalier and run the Escape as my daily, but the miles on it are on the high side (172k) and it doesn't get as good of gas mileage, so keeping both is probably the way I'll roll.
Blah blah blah, I don't ever get rid of cars, blah blah blah

Old 02-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Patman
Blah blah blah, I don't ever get rid of cars, blah blah blah
Blame it on the rigorous maintenance of my vehicles! I usually buy them new, so they are meticulously maintained from Day 1 and by the time we get around to replacing them, they still have the potential to deliver a lot of use!

Believe me -- if the wife had her way, we'd have a lot fewer cars around our place.....

Old 02-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by MTM Ford
The whole exhaust system fell off today and of course there was a cop behind me when it happend. He was laughing the whole time he wrote out the citation
Sorry but that's funny, did he get your for littering?

Old 02-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo

I'd keep it for the reason it has lot less miles than escape. Be my luck I'd sell cavalier and escape blow week after

Old 02-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
I'd keep it for the reason it has lot less miles than escape. Be my luck I'd sell cavalier and escape blow week after
Yep -- that's exactly what I'm thinking -- the second I sold the Cavalier, "Murphy's Law" would kick in and I'd be irritated at myself for letting the Cavalier go!

Old 02-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm loving having the second vehicle. When the truck is paid off, can't wait to get a third The Merc is treating me well!

Quick Reply: Let's start over......