Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
JohnBoy...I bet only in California they would use a Banana Slug as a mascot!!!

Old 08-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Maybe they know Lon Chaney or Vincent Price.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
won't the black Interior be just as bad as a dark outside color
She usually gets a window tint from Mothers Window Tint in San Antonio that cuts the inside heat to nothing. She gets the windows turned as dark as legal and has a clear put on the windshield. She can leave her car out in the sun all day and get in it and it's not hot at all. It's cooler inside the car than it is outside- weird how that stuff works but it works. My last SCrew had a film similar but if you touched the glass on a hot day with your arm, you were burnt. That stuff was horrible about burning you. The film she gets is made by 3M that supposedly cuts 98% of the heat coming thru. I think her Fusion was about $350.00 for all of the glass in the car. Sure makes the A/C work like a champ!

Old 08-09-2016, 12:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Labnerd
She usually gets a window tint from Mothers Window Tint in San Antonio that cuts the inside heat to nothing. She gets the windows turned as dark as legal and has a clear put on the windshield. She can leave her car out in the sun all day and get in it and it's not hot at all. It's cooler inside the car than it is outside- weird how that stuff works but it works. My last SCrew had a film similar but if you touched the glass on a hot day with your arm, you were burnt. That stuff was horrible about burning you. The film she gets is made by 3M that supposedly cuts 98% of the heat coming thru. I think her Fusion was about $350.00 for all of the glass in the car. Sure makes the A/C work like a champ!
The Ceramic tint is a must! Even up here, it makes a massive difference. I went lighter on the shade (only 50%), but with the ceramic, it made a massive difference. It sucks that ANY window film regardless of tint is illegal here, so I went lighter, hoping that I won't get bugged.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:40 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PawPaw
JohnBoy...I bet only in California they would use a Banana Slug as a mascot!!!

Only because the Banana Slugs won't be offended or sue...............yet!

Old 08-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by jgger
Only because the Banana Slugs won't be offended or sue...............yet!
Only if they're Democratic slugs!!!

Old 08-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Blown F-150
The Ceramic tint is a must! Even up here, it makes a massive difference. I went lighter on the shade (only 50%), but with the ceramic, it made a massive difference. It sucks that ANY window film regardless of tint is illegal here, so I went lighter, hoping that I won't get bugged.
The summer's in Louisiana are as hot as Texas but maybe a little more humid. I also went with the ceramic on my front windows and it made a huge difference...even at the legal percentage in Louisiana.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Well, Looks like the old cavalier is sticking around. Decided to put up a couple of my older four wheeler for sale with the cavalier. Ended up the ATV's sold within a day and no hits on the car. Think that tells me i'm stuck with the car until it goes to the junk yard

Oh well, It will still save miles on the truck some. Have all the money needed to get the ML500 now. Should be headed up to Richardson in a day or two. Hopefully!

Old 08-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Well, Looks like the old cavalier is sticking around. Decided to put up a couple of my older four wheeler for sale with the cavalier. Ended up the ATV's sold within a day and no hits on the car. Think that tells me i'm stuck with the car until it goes to the junk yard
I think that's a smart move -- in two months time you would be griping about all the miles you were piling onto the F-150! For the little amount of money you would get for the Cavalier I suspect you will get much more benefit just keeping a lot of everyday wear-and-tear off the truck.....

Old 08-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ddellwo
I think that's a smart move -- in two months time you would be griping about all the miles you were piling onto the F-150! For the little amount of money you would get for the Cavalier I suspect you will get much more benefit just keeping a lot of everyday wear-and-tear off the truck.....
He's just looking for an excuse to still sit at the cool kids table

Old 08-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Agreed!

Originally Posted by MTM Ford
I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty much jealous

Old 08-10-2016, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by MTM Ford
There is a table? DANG, I didn't know that!

Old 08-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Awww, look a little piggy

Taken In Buffalo Gap TX (abilene area)

Old 08-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Very true, just thinking about the upcoming stuff it's going to need. Right now the horn isn't working the little thingy in the steering wheel that makes the horn work is cracked. I'm going to put a old school horn button on it and it needs a serpentine belt. About $30 in parts, just hope I don't spend more on parts than the cars worth

Old 08-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jgger
There is a table? DANG, I didn't know that!
Of course there is! That's where we sit while we wait for our cars to come out of the shop

Quick Reply: Let's start over......