F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   General Gun Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/327344-general-gun-discussion.html)

jmeyerholtz 04-02-2008 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by TexEdition
Dude, that revolver has a serious cylinder to barrel gap issue. That amount of blast should be coming from the muzzle, not the cylinder.

Looks cool, but that's an ill handgun. Run a feeler gauge through that gap. If it's more than .005, and I bet it's MUCH more, then you need to have that gun repaired. Probably have the barrel turned one time will fix it.

Seriously, not being funny here or anything, get that fixed before you continue to fire that piece.

A .0035 gauge fits but not a .004. There is no problem. you cant see the flash during the day if you just looking at it. The only way i was able to see the flash was with a camera that has 16 FPS and i was only able to see it one of six shots.

malexander52 04-02-2008 02:53 PM

Taurus Ultra Light

Originally Posted by Tumba
Is there a good handgun that can be concealed in the back pocket and still stop em in their tracks.?

I'm getting older, not as strong, I'd rather just bust em one and get it overwith:lol:

But seriously is there a pistol to fit that need.?

My dad bought my wife a Taurus Ultra Light .38spcl +p. with 2" barrell and 5 round capacity. It fits in the pocket of my jeans but is much better suited to an ankle holster. It really is "ultra light. That will stop them for sure.

ddgarcia05 04-02-2008 03:38 PM

How do we go about making this thread a sticky? Who do we advise?:help:

TexEdition 04-03-2008 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by jmeyerholtz
A .0035 gauge fits but not a .004. There is no problem. you cant see the flash during the day if you just looking at it. The only way i was able to see the flash was with a camera that has 16 FPS and i was only able to see it one of six shots.

Ok, nice gap :thumbsup:

Musta been a little hot of a load on one cartridge. I have to say that's some impressive blast from the cylinder though!! My next question was going to be did ya light off a black-powder load for that pic.. LOL

PONY, I've never fired or seen a .500 S&W at the range yet. I'd LOVE to see someone else touch off a few, I've no desire to try it myself.. well, maybe ONE round.. LOL

I've fired a Ruger SuperBlackhawk .454 a few times with 300 gr. loads and that's about all the recoil I can stand.

I'm really, really trying to justify getting that USFA .38-40.. :smoke:

PONY_DRIVER 04-03-2008 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by TexEdition
Ok, nice gap :thumbsup:

Musta been a little hot of a load on one cartridge. I have to say that's some impressive blast from the cylinder though!! My next question was going to be did ya light off a black-powder load for that pic.. LOL

PONY, I've never fired or seen a .500 S&W at the range yet. I'd LOVE to see someone else touch off a few, I've no desire to try it myself.. well, maybe ONE round.. LOL

I've fired a Ruger SuperBlackhawk .454 a few times with 300 gr. loads and that's about all the recoil I can stand.

I'm really, really trying to justify getting that USFA .38-40.. :smoke:

Put it this way, the concussion knocked the camera out of focus, though it was a ****ty camera to start with, and you can only see the muzzle and the boys wrists on a gun with an 8 3/8" bbl. The blast is about the size of a basketball or so. I haven't caught the muzzle flash on camera, never really tried. I WILL get the attention of anyone around, especially on an indoor range. Recoil is like catching a fastball, a decent slap to the palm, but nothing too bad. I've fired it one handed before and I'm a relatively small guy.

CRF250rider1000 04-03-2008 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by ddgarcia05
How do we go about making this thread a sticky? Who do we advise?:help:

I'm in favor of a sticky:thumbsup:

CRF250rider1000 04-03-2008 08:53 PM

Yea I just got shut down. My dad said that I am not allowed to have a handgun in the house unless my mom approves it. So I have to wait till I'm 21 for that. I then told him I wanted to get a Remington 870 and he told me he would buy a .22 rifle and modify it so that we could both shoot over the summer. Then I can decide what I want to do. I guess I should just shoot that since it is free until I can get the XD .45 ACP compact 4" that I want in a year and 7 months:thumbsup: Man it's going to be a long wait:( I may just fore go on the shotgun and spend some more money on the truck this summer:D
Maybe a Viper security system/remote start for the winters here:banana:

What do you guys think? I will have a free .22 to shoot whenever I want and then I can just buy what I really want when I turn 21.

PONY_DRIVER 04-03-2008 09:59 PM

Er'body needs a .22 or seven.

CRF250rider1000 04-03-2008 10:01 PM

So highly modified Ruger .22 is what I am thinking. Anyone with free time feel free to find around $700 in after market accessories that will make it really accurate. Dad says he wants to spend under $1000 for a really good .22. Needs to have a good scope too. Thanks!

would this be a good base?
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/70280

Obviously new stock(I really like the cool red and silver laminated ones), new barrel, scope and mounts, and other goodies you guys think it would need.

jmeyerholtz 04-03-2008 10:06 PM

You cant beat a free gun no mater what it is. And plus a .22 is still alot of fun, and its cheap to shoot.

I guess i really got lucky with my mom. I'm only 19 too and she lets me buy and gun i want, with my own money.

jmeyerholtz 04-03-2008 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by CrAz3D
:eek:

disgusting.

Whats wrong with you

CRF250rider1000 04-03-2008 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by CrAz3D
A grand? That'd be a SWEEEET 22.

So what are all the mods you would do with $700 bucks then?:thumbsup:
Trying to get an anodized red/silver theme going hehe

jmeyerholtz 04-03-2008 10:09 PM

This is one i want to buy next
http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/caliber22.htm

CRF250rider1000 04-03-2008 10:23 PM

Crap this is too expensive:lol:
http://www.hornetproducts.com/ViewPr...VX5000-HM2-TAP

BennyHanna 04-03-2008 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by CRF250rider1000
So highly modified Ruger .22 is what I am thinking. Anyone with free time feel free to find around $700 in after market accessories that will make it really accurate. Dad says he wants to spend under $1000 for a really good .22. Needs to have a good scope too. Thanks!

would this be a good base?
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/70280

Obviously new stock(I really like the cool red and silver laminated ones), new barrel, scope and mounts, and other goodies you guys think it would need.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Ruger 10/22 and I think everybody should have one. But if you want a super accurate 22 caliber rifle I'd go with one of the following:

Cooper They are top of the line, some of the most accurate weapons you'll find. Unfortunately It will be hard to find one for less than a grand even without a scope. I seem to remember the 22's retail new for about $1400-$1500 or so.

Kimber Enough said.

Volquartsen Again fine weapons, very accurate right out of the box.