Semper Fidelis You All Read This!!! This Is For Branch Bashing

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Semper Fidelis You All Read This!!! This Is For Branch Bashing

I have been to iraq afghanistan, the phillipines and africa. I am only 22 years old and i have seen more **** than someone could possibly indulge into there brains, ive seen men scream for God, mom, and cuss all in one breath. i had a army motor t unit get ambushed and call for marine support, begging on the radio, when we rolled in there were only a handful of insurgents and soldiers all in cover and no firing. In the very beginning all the Army had to do was go in make a perimeter and sit secured but they couldn't ****in do that so all of us had to go back. the biggest branch the smallest punch. the smallest branch the biggest punch. the worlds most elite fighting force by air land and sea.

Now on the other hand i respect all branches, especially the army my entire family is army including my father a vietnam vet. all males and a few females are all army. ive been there and seen it so lets not talk **** on other branches if you haven't had incoming fire on your ***.

SEMPER FIDELIS
"ALWAYS FAITHFUL" (for you that dont know)

Old 02-16-2008, 01:16 AM
who are you with?

Old 02-16-2008, 01:21 AM
3,3 for iraq and afghanistan, before they sent me on a lat

Old 02-16-2008, 01:26 AM
your in san diego so you gotta be a devil who are you with?

or navy

Old 02-16-2008, 01:41 AM
2/5

Old 02-16-2008, 03:09 AM
so you aint out there no more?.....what do you do?

Old 02-16-2008, 03:21 AM
2/5

2nd battalion, 5th marines

Old 02-16-2008, 03:49 AM
i lost it earlier over some army kid and went off on the computer like a complete a**. i had to catch my breath cuz the cat daddy is only been in three months. then i realized hes winning because he just wanted to start riot because hes service proud cuz he made it. we were the same way so in the end "(your rank)" it doesn't matter, so you have hit the deployment list a time or two yourself then ...im sure......where are you now?

Old 02-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Camp Pendleton-- San Mateo

OIF 2-B: Ar Ramadi & Qatar
31st MEU: Japan,Guam,Korea,Phillipe's,Thailand,Iwo Jima,Tinian
OIF 6-A: Ar Ramadi

Headed to SOI to instruct

Old 02-16-2008, 04:03 AM
aint the 2/5 the "hell,retreat" battalion?.......i think or am i wrong.

whats your rank?

Old 02-16-2008, 03:25 PM
I don't care what branch you're in... when you get ambushed, you're looking for help from anybody that'll help you.

Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines, National Guard, ROTC- anybody.

The services help each other, each has a unique mission. There are hard-**** Soldiers, and hard-**** Marines too, but- everyone that puts on the uniform, isn't a hard-****.

Some just wanted the college money, others wanted a career.

Most of the ribbing on this site is all in fun. I don't think there's a current or former military person on this site, that has any disdain towards another service. Jokes maybe, but that's about it.

I've never had machine gun fire trained on my position, but Saddam did fire scuds at us every night for 4-5 nights, before the F-15's finally took out enough of the launchers. The 2nd night of the war, all day on the radio, they'd been telling us all day on AFRTS that we'd taken out all of the SCUD launchers. As darkness fell, we were in our hut, and began to hear distant explosions. I was like, "You hear that?"

They got closer, and closer, then BOOM! It's like we were getting Arty walked in on our base. Wasn't Arty, or Mortars, it was SCUDS.

I don't know how many explosions rocked our base that night, all I know is we'd been pretty much guaranteed Saddam would gas us, but I didn't think so after Thatcher said she'd nuke his **** if he did. Nevertheless, I bet I went from t-shirt & underwear, to full BDU & MOPP4 in under 1 minute, grabbed the M-16, and headed for the fighting position.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bighersh
I don't care what branch you're in... when you get ambushed, you're looking for help from anybody that'll help you.

Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines, National Guard, ROTC- anybody.

The services help each other, each has a unique mission. There are hard-**** Soldiers, and hard-**** Marines too, but- everyone that puts on the uniform, isn't a hard-****.

Some just wanted the college money, others wanted a career.

Most of the ribbing on this site is all in fun. I don't think there's a current or former military person on this site, that has any disdain towards another service. Jokes maybe, but that's about it.

I've never had machine gun fire trained on my position, but Saddam did fire scuds at us every night for 4-5 nights, before the F-15's finally took out enough of the launchers. The 2nd night of the war, all day on the radio, they'd been telling us all day on AFRTS that we'd taken out all of the SCUD launchers. As darkness fell, we were in our hut, and began to hear distant explosions. I was like, "You hear that?"

They got closer, and closer, then BOOM! It's like we were getting Arty walked in on our base. Wasn't Arty, or Mortars, it was SCUDS.

I don't know how many explosions rocked our base that night, all I know is we'd been pretty much guaranteed Saddam would gas us, but I didn't think so after Thatcher said she'd nuke his **** if he did. Nevertheless, I bet I went from t-shirt & underwear, to full BDU & MOPP4 in under 1 minute, grabbed the M-16, and headed for the fighting position.

I've been out a long time.
What' s MOPP4

Old 02-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tumba
I've been out a long time.
What' s MOPP4
It's Mission Oriented Protective Posture. Basically it means the he was in a charcoal lined chem/bio suit with a gas mask on and plastic booties over his feet. Very warm to say the least. If you've ever seen the movie Jarhead and recall the scene when the SSgt (Jamie Foxx) is showing the newscrew around while the Marines play football... the Marines are in MOPP 4. Getting in all that gear in under 1 minute is pretty darn impressive.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by patrickh5116
Getting in all that gear in under 1 minute is pretty darn impressive.
Not only impressive... required! I remember many a time sitting in the back of an Amtrac in MOPP4, no hatches open, engine running and combat loaded.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Turbo77
Not only impressive... required! I remember many a time sitting in the back of an Amtrac in MOPP4, no hatches open, engine running and combat loaded.
I'm glad I was in a HMMWV rather than an Amtrac. Atleast we had some kind of wind movement. I was there after we had determined that chem weapons were no longer a threat, but the IED's... those were fun.

Quick Reply: Semper Fidelis You All Read This!!! This Is For Branch Bashing